TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby blk_mamba » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:27 am

First thanks for posting so much about your trip. As I've said earlier, I am totally using this forum to help me incorporate some theme parking into my trip. With that said, I see that you didn't go to Fuji Q, which I felt like a must do. In some of the other post you seem to suggest that they have terrible customer service. Did something happen? Should American's avoid that park?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:48 am

blk_mamba wrote:First thanks for posting so much about your trip. As I've said earlier, I am totally using this forum to help me incorporate some theme parking into my trip. With that said, I see that you didn't go to Fuji Q, which I felt like a must do. In some of the other post you seem to suggest that they have terrible customer service. Did something happen? Should American's avoid that park?

They DID go to FujiQ, and Robb noted they had the best time TPR ever have had there in terms of operations, service, etc.

could swear I saw the update in this thread, but maybe I saw that in the twitter feed -- which means it will be in this thread eventually :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby blk_mamba » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:01 am

I don't follow the twitter, I didn't know. I look forward to seeing the groups adventure!

*Update: Just went to the twitter and saw some of the post they are amazing! I love the picture of the little girl looking like she is swallowing the roller coaster! lol
Last edited by blk_mamba on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 am.

Postby bert425 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 am

blk_mamba wrote:I don't follow the twitter, I didn't know. I look forward to seeing the groups adventure!

I don't "on Twitter". . but on the main page, Robb has the twitter feed, so I follow it thru that :) (upper right corner of main page)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:16 am

bert425 wrote:
blk_mamba wrote:I don't follow the twitter, I didn't know. I look forward to seeing the groups adventure!

I don't "on Twitter". . but on the main page, Robb has the twitter feed, so I follow it thru that :) (upper right corner of main page)

And also, you don't even need a Twitter account to follow along. Just simply go to http://www.twitter.com/themeparkreview and read our updates.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:33 am

REGISTER for our forum to leave a comment!

Click HERE for an index of all our Japan 2018 Trip Updates

Follow our LIVE updates on Twitter and Instagram Stories!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day Twenty Two - Fuji-Q Highland.

Now I'm sure most of you know our thoughts on Fuji-Q if you've read some of our reports in the past. Let's just say that this visit to the park certainly made us think the park has turned a corner... in a good way. I’m about to say something that I have never said before and I’m happy to be able to say it... We had an amazing day at Fuji-Q Highland!

This was actually our "after" photo when we were done with our day at Fuji-Q. I wanted to post it first because I'm still in a bit of disbelief of how good of a day we had! Here's some more photos & video...

First let’s talk about the front entrance area of Fuji-Q as this is all new from our last visit and basically when you walk in...

...it’s almost unrecognizable as the park we have visited previously.

This is a very welcome change!

Our day started off with Do-Dodonpa! This is the new updated version of the coaster.

The launch is still INSANE as ever and I really loved the new vertical loop! I’m a fan of vertical loops and the old airtime will was crazy painful so this is a nice change! Well done!

Next up we did some filming on Takabisha which still claims the “steepest” roller coaster in the world!

And now for “silly photo” time at Fuji-Q!

All of the Mt. Fuji themed food at Fuji-Q was amazing!

This is all new since our last visit to the park!

Eejanaika is an S&S 4th Dimension coaster like X2 at Magic Mountain.

I’ll be honest as I’m not a fan of these coasters I didn’t ride it...

...but people in our group really liked it a lot!

Ride operations were much improved over previous visits. We saw so many more rides going that ever in past days at Fuji-Q!

Almost everyone “covers up” when they do a splash down boat in Japan!

SKLOOSH!!!

Love all the random theming on the vending machines at Fuji-Q!

Love it when the cars duel on Takabisha!

So apparently the “Haunted Hospital” walk-through attraction at Fuji-Q has permanently closed.

I’m totally okay with this as the park does seem to be moving away from this sort of attraction.

Curious to see what they do with this space. (I always though this attraction was overrated anyway!)

Om nom nom... I eat roller coaster cars!

Seriously, the park was encouraging this sort of fun! :lol:

Proof that the Thomas the Tank Kids Roller Coaster is fun for all ages!

Speaking of Thomas the Tank Engine, the dark ride at Fuji-Q is actually really good!

Human powered roller coaster FTW!!!

Want to send a huge thanks to the staff of Fuji-Q for helping make the best day we ever had at the park! Excited to see this new direction the park is going in and hope to see more on future visits!

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it! :P

Click HERE for Part twenty three of TPR's 2018 Japan Trip Update!
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:50 am.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:46 am

That new area looks great. I feel like Fuji-Q already has a solid line up that makes it the place for Japanese thrill seekers without too much competition compared to some milder parks. I’d be more than happy to see them pause on new rides and money put on more improvements like that to make the park look nicer for a year or two. With the hospital gone and I think the coffins and that indoor fortress thing they had gone there can’t be too many walk around places left.

Postby blk_mamba » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:32 am

Thanks for the update. Fuji Q looks like a must do!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:26 am

One more video from Fuji-Q! Be sure to watch this one!!! :lol: :p :Pr

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:36 am

Was it because the park was dead or sunny?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!