Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

P. 4 - New Kids Area for 2019 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

Postby larrygator » Tue May 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Frontier City will be rejoining the Six Flags family. Although the article announces the acquisition of five parks, please only discuss Frontier City in this thread.

Click here to discuss Darien Lake
Click hear to discuss the impact on Six Flags Corporate

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/six-flags-adds-five-more-201000971.html

Six Flags Adds Five More Parks to US Portfolio
May 22, 2018

GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (SIX), the world’s largest regional theme park company, today announced it has entered into a purchase agreement with affiliates of Premier Parks, LLC to acquire the lease rights to operate five parks owned by EPR Properties (EPR). The parks have previously been operated by Premier Parks, LLC of Oklahoma City. These latest acquisitions will expand the company’s portfolio of North American parks to twenty-five.

“Today’s announcement represents another milestone in our strategic North-American growth initiative to seek out park acquisitions that expand our addressable market,” said Six Flags Chairman, CEO, and President, Jim Reid-Anderson. “These are all fantastic properties that complement our existing portfolio and provide tremendous added value and cross-visitation opportunities for our extensive Membership and Season Pass base.”

The parks joining the Six Flags family are:

Wet n’ Wild Splashtown, Houston’s largest waterpark, with more than 48 lush acres and a wide selection of thrilling waterslides and attractions, along with two children’s areas;
Wet n’ Wild Phoenix, the largest waterpark in Arizona (located in the Adobe Dam Recreation Area), featuring 35 acres of high-speed slides and two pools, and also offering a Wet n’ Wild Jr. section with kid-friendly versions of some of the park’s most thrilling attractions;
Darien Lake near Buffalo, NY, a beautiful resort property located on approximately 1,000 acres that includes a theme park, waterpark, campground, hotel, and a 21,000-seat amphitheater;
Frontier City, an iconic part of the Oklahoma City landscape, is steeped in tradition. The park features a western theme and offers an extensive lineup of exciting rides, attractions, and shows geared to every member of the family; and
White Water Bay, near Frontier City, a tropical oasis with more than 25 acres of waterslides, interactive water play areas, and pools.

Six Flags is the largest regional theme park operator in the world and upon closing of the transactions, will be the largest waterpark operator in North America. With the addition of these five properties that entertained approximately two million guests in 2017, there will be an additional 20 million guests within a 100-mile radius of a Six Flags park, significantly expanding the company’s national footprint.

“We are thrilled to welcome these outstanding properties and employees into our family of parks and look forward to sharing the thrill of Six Flags with guests of all ages in these key markets,” added Reid-Anderson.

Closing of the transactions contemplated by the agreement is expected to occur in June, 2018 and is subject to customary closing conditions.
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:49 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Does this mean the park will be called "Six Flags Frontier City"? I know Six Flags had some involvement in the park 10-ish years ago, but has it ever had the Six Flags prefix?
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue May 22, 2018 6:02 pm

More will be known after the final paperwork is signed in June. Until that time, whatever anyone says is speculation.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sushi-x » Tue May 22, 2018 8:11 pm

Premier Parks (not the current company with the same name) was oklahoma city based and managed frontier city. In 1998 they purchased six flags and they became six flags. In around 2006 or 2007 six flags sold off frontier city. Now they are buying it back.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jason Maier » Tue May 22, 2018 8:48 pm

Hmm . . . . if Frontier City does get the Six Flags branding . . . . perhaps a park expansion may be in order?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Kemotblue » Tue May 22, 2018 9:10 pm

It's my local park. I'm pretty excited about this news. Right now I have A-LOT of questions that will be answered in the coming months. It does sound like business as usual from a operations stand point. I will be going Saturday to speak with some of the Park managers to get what there take is on this recent news. With Fright Fest it already has the same logo etc. as the Six Flags Parks. That was grandfathered in from it's previous ownership. This year they are expanding onto the season with "A Frontier Christmas" So will that be changed too Holiday in the Park? I do have many questions that will be answered in the coming months. The lighter side my GF said DON'T Do it when I told her that "I was going to show up to the parking lot booth this Saturday pool out my FC pass and my SF pass and ask them "Which one do I use?" Anyway I'm excited about this recent news with the two Oklahoma Parks.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby thesman » Tue May 22, 2018 9:16 pm

If this deal goes through that means six flags will operate lightening loops again

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Kemotblue » Sun May 27, 2018 10:08 pm

I like the move I know the park will get a addition next season. Just by the Six Flags press release from last year on new attractions. This line stood out to me..

"President and CEO Jim Reid-Anderson. “Our strategy of providing something new in every park, every year, continues to delight our guests".

So this guarantees Frontier City will see a new attraction. The park is in desperate need for a tower ride. They have the location with a entrance, queue line and station house for a tower ride. It's the former Eruption location. I don't think the park will be neglected like the last time.

For one The park is still owned by EPR who owns Top Golf and Schlitterbahn Parks. EPR has deeper pockets then its former ownership CNL who main focus was sprucing up the park they have done a great job doing that this season. The park is very clean and well maintained and has great operations. So I like having Six Flags take over the management operations of the park once again this time I don't see the park getting neglected like the last time. I think Six Flags will keep the current staff at the park. A lot of them been there the last 5 years and they are truly passionate about the park.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Kemotblue » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:31 pm

This past Saturday they opened up Soaring Eagle Zip line. It is a very nicely done zip-line attraction that fly's you over the parks Main Street. You start off backward and return forward. While a on-board sound system blares old country western tunes. The sensation you get when you leave the launch pad is a falling out sensation. After that it's a nice little observational type of ride. here are some photos I took of Soarin' Eagle. I like that they have done minimal theme-ing but it still fits in the park right next to Winged Warrior and the Geronimo Sky Coaster.
P6110305.jpg
P6110306.jpg
P6110307.jpg
P6110308.jpg
P6110309.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:08 pm

They have this exact same zip line at cj Barrymores in Michigan. Have not been on it yet, but looks like fun.
Soaring-Eagle-4.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!