Mega coaster trip version 2018

Any advice?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Mega coaster trip version 2018

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:52 pm

For whatever it's worth I'd forego the side trip to Myrtle Beach for an extra day in Gatlinburg/Dollywood, plenty of stuff to do/see there that's not so far out of the way of the rest of the trip.

Postby thrillrider » Mon May 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Thanks for all the input!

The whole myrtle beach thing is my wife's thing. I've been there before, but she has not. The family kingdom part is just a bonus. They sell individual tickets along with wrist bands. With our club TPR discount, the wristbands are deeply discounted! The only things at this park I need to do is the 2 coasters, dark ride, and log flume.

By the way.....I was looking at attractions on family kingdoms website and ran across this picture. Is that Elsa and kid Tums?
After looking at quassys website, it looks as if we have a date with the wooden warrior. =) definitely going to find time for this place.
Screenshot_20180521-160030.png
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon May 21, 2018 2:42 pm

^Yup! From our one and only Myrtle Beach visit!

And remember...there are now multiple people telling you to skip Myrtle Beach. Going anywhere near that place July 4th? No thanks.

Postby thrillrider » Mon May 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Lol...I thought that was you. =)

I agree about myrtle beach. Gonna try and talk the wife out of it. I did just found out that we get a pretty good discount at Busch gardens with our seaworld passes, so gonna try and make Busch gardens a stop instead of myrtle beach.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby 3Mutts » Mon May 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Just so you know I would swap Seabreeze and Darien Lake, this is because Seabreeze is in Rochester which is a two hour drive from Buffalo with no traffic where as Darien Lake is only around a 50 min drive. Also unless you want to check out Lake George you can easily do TGE in a half a day and then drive 2 and a half hours to Agawam, this is my local park and the crowds all tend to go towards the water park leaving the dry area mostly empty.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon May 21, 2018 4:33 pm

You will be so much happier choosing to do Busch Gardens instead! I know you said you've already been to both, but just as a reminder...Busch Gardens is one of the most amazing parks in the world and Myrtle Beach is absolutely wretched. lol

(but seriously)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 21, 2018 5:54 pm

I've never been to Myrtle Beach, but Lake George has similar attractions around. Around the USA and Around the World Mini Golf are the two best mini golf courses I have ever played and then you also have historical sites, arcades, shops, and the scenic lake.

As others have said, passing Busch Gardens Williamsburg and not attending would be a crime. Even on a busy day, that park absolutely knows how to move lines.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Most Recent Trip Reports- Quassy and Lake Compounce

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Mon May 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Have you given any thought to Doing Either Wildwood, or Rehoboth/Ocean City MD between Great Adventure and Six Flags America? That could be beach and also more interesting IMO than Myrtle Beach. Ocean City and Rehoboth both have amazing Bill Tracy darkrides. Wildwood has the Park, Credits and a large beach, and Gale Force in NJ ocean city is pretty close as well. I would pick either of those over Myrtle Beach for sure.

If you've never done Busch Gardens, make sure you do though. On this trip or make another one like you were saying.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby thrillrider » Mon May 21, 2018 9:31 pm

The good news is that I talked her out of myrtle beach and we can do 2 days at Busch gardens. The bad news is that carowinds and dollywood get removed from the list. That removed almost 11 hours of driving off of the trip.

Since we are planning on doing dollywood for Christmas this year, it's not much of a loss from this trip.

I like some of the suggestions. I'll look into wildwoods.

Edit....after looking into Morey's Piers, does anyone know how many tickets the rides take? The price would be pretty steep if we all got wrist bands. Can't seem to find the answer on the website.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

I love donkeys more than me.

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue May 22, 2018 5:58 am

thrillrider wrote:Edit....after looking into Morey's Piers, does anyone know how many tickets the rides take? The price would be pretty steep if we all got wrist bands. Can't seem to find the answer on the website.

Look at the individual ride pages for the answer. I think most of the big stuff is 8 tickets each.

If you don't do Wildwood, there's also Ocean City (comparatively convenient from Williamsburg) MD which I know has been brought up. That's a total blast too, and you can combine it with Rehoboth Beach w/its classic dark ride for a few days worth of entertainment and fun in the sun. You want to book soon though, especially if you're going around or near weekends (as they have multi-night minimums).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!