Grsupercitys quest for coaster credits

added Nick Universe and Valleryfair
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Grsupercitys quest for coaster credits

Postby grsupercity » Mon May 07, 2018 11:48 am

So me and my wife just hit 4 parks in 4 days. We did Sea World Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa, Fun Spot Kissimmee and Orlando. Was a got vacation over all. We stayed at the Fountains in Orlando.

First park we did was Old Town and Fun Spot Kissimmee. We started off by hitting the shops in Old Town and eating at A&W. The whole time Mine Blower was calling my name. So after taking in the place we decided to head over to Fun Spot. We started off on Rockstar and ended with Mine Blower

Rockstar was fun. We both sat to the left to really get it spinning. 6/10
MineBlower was great. Very impressive for its small foot print. Loved the pacing 9/10

The next day we went to Sea World Orlando. It was a very pretty park. We did the pets ahoy show and it was very entertaining. We also got to watch the killer whales and Dolphins. Shamu Express was closed. We had the dining plan for Sea World and Busch. Both parks had decent food options. We started off with Kraken. I was expecting VR but there was none. Very solid ride. One of the weaker rides of the trip but was fun none the less. Our second coaster of the day was Manta. Wow that ride was great. I love pretzel loop. Was a walk on. I loved walking through the line and seeing all the fish and rays. Our last coaster of the day was Mako. Very solid ride. Great floater air. Loved the first drop with no seat belts. This park really needs and invert to round out the park.

Kraken was a fun ride 7/10
Manta was amazing. My best flyer to date 10/10
Mako was very fun and very rerideable 9/10

Third day we did Fun Spot America in Orlando. We started off with Freedom Flyer. Was a fun little family coaster. Our second coaster of the day was White Lighting. I enjoyed this ride. I enjoyed the fast pace. Just wish it were 30 feet taller with 1000 more feet of track.

White Lightning 8/10
Freedom Flyer 7/10

We ended our trip with day 4 at Busch Gardens Tampa. Wow this is a great park. Wish i had 2 days at it. I much much much preferred it to Willimsburg. Montu was my favorite coaster of the trip and my new favorite Invert. I enjoyed all the animals. Very well themed park. My only grip is I wish there was a path from Scorpion to Sheikra. I enjoyed the very long skyride. We also rode the decent flume. This park also had my biggest disappointment in Cheetah Hunt. Was a good ride but my expectations were to high. I went in expecting Maverick and it was not at all.

We started off with Scorpion. Very fun little ride. 7/10
Next was Kumba. I love this ride. 9/10
We hit up Sand Serpent. Just another mouse. been on better 5/10
Cobras Curse was next. Elevator lift was neat. Killed its momentum right away with the second lift. Even with 2 lifts the ride was short. My favorite spinner to date sadly. 7/10
Montu was next. I didn't I would find an invert better then Raptor or Afterburn. I was wrong. That batwing is nuts. Peer invert perfection. 11/10
Cheetah Hunt was last. It was a good ride. Did not like that it killed pacing half way through though. Fun ride just had way to high of expectations. I was expecting Maverick and ended up on a twisty family coaster. 7/10

We also did Gatorland. No coaster credits there but I did get to see some funny shows. We will be going to SFSL in a couple weeks. I will be doing a trip report on that park. Thank you for reading
Last edited by grsupercity on Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:48 am.
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: First Florida trip

Postby bert425 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:59 am

surprised you didn't go "Journey to Atlantis" at Seaworld.

it's got some coaster elements.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Nice report! =) I'm glad yall had fun!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Nice report! I do prefer the Williamsburg park, but the Tampa park isn't too far behind. It's incredible that both Montu and Kumba exist in the same park.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Tue May 08, 2018 2:10 am

My kids and I hit up those exact four parks on our recent vacation to Florida! We had such a blast! Definitely my idea of Florida done right! ;)

Montu is a fantastic coaster, and while I prefer Banshee, it reminded me of just how awesome it was on this past trip! Kumba is still my favorite coaster at the park, and an amazing coaster after all these years! I too was a little "disappointed" by Cheetah Hunt, even though it was still a really fun coaster. I don't think I was expecting Maverick, but just... more. BGT is probably still my favorite Florida park, though SWO really gave it a run for its money this trip!

Glad you had fun, and thanks for sharing!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue May 08, 2018 3:00 pm

I'm pondering the same itinerary for my next Florida trip. We'll see. But it'll definitely have to include those four parks.

Montu is at the top of my invert rankings as well. I really enjoyed Cheetah Hunt, though, and was not disappointed in it at all. It has a lot to offer--I'd consider it a solid "complete package" type ride; just not the most intense.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Tue May 29, 2018 7:02 am

5-27-2018

Six Flags St Louis

So we made our first trip to SFSTL. I went in with lower expectations. They were blew away. I believe the park is one or two major coasters away from being a really really nice park. All the coasters were open. It was clean. Even though the dry side wasnt busy (waterpark was at capacity) they pumped out trains very quickly. It was a very hot day. It started getting very cloudy around 6 and lightning started around 7. If this park were to get a X flight clone from SFGAM or RMC Boss I can see it becoming a upper six flags park. Onto the rides

First ride of the day was Batman. I love these batman clones. Inverts are by far my favorite type of B&M. I like that this one was mirrored compared to others I have ridden. Great ride as usual 10/10

Next ride was Ninja. It was horrible. It ninja chopped me right in my neck. It was a one and done. Replace it with anything 4/10

River King Mine ride was next. It was so awful that me and my wife could not stop laughing the whole ride. it is what it is. A small 3 lift mine ride. Id take it over Ninja lol 5/10

Boomerang followed next. It was a typical Boomerang. I enjoy these rides for what they are. I liked the setting and paint job on this one. 6/10

Pandemonium is the 4th new spinning coaster I have ridden this year, In my opinion it was the best of the 4 this year. Sorry Cobras Curse I much preferred this ride. We had flash passes so we rode this one a bunch. Spun alot for us. I think we got more airtime on this ride then Screaming Eagle lol. 7/10

Nest was my first Justice League. I have been to other parks with them but always skipped them. It was fun. it was better then I was expecting. My only complaint was one of the screens didn't work. Of the 5 of us in the ride vehicle I had the highest score. 7/10

Mr freeze was the coaster I went in with the highest expectations. This ride is a BLAST! I had so much fun on this ride. This ride should of been cloned and sent to more parks. Def a top 3 ride in the park. 9/10

I kept forgetting this park had Evi..American Thunder. Wow my new favorite GCi. This thing is nuts. I kept going back and forth between this and Mr Freeze as to what is the 2nd best ride in the park. I have nothing bad to say about this ride. 9/10

The Boss. AKA longest walk to a ride ever. This ride looks imposing. That long lift hill. Huge MCBR. Very cool looking coaster. Awful ride. I had heard it wasnt rough anymore. Liars. This ride was awful. RMC this ride now 5/10

Screaming Eagle. Good old woodie. Had some decent air time. 6/10

We had flash passes so everything was a walk one. Even without flash passes half the rides would of only been a couple trains wait. We waited like 40 minutes for food at Johnny Rockets. Only real complaints with the park was a lot of first day employees. We had dinning passes and most of the workers didn't know what they were or how they worked and at multiple places had to have a manager come explain it to them. Also their merchandise sucked at this park. Trying to find a picture frame and magnet that wasn't covered in super hero's was difficult. Trying to find anything that said Six Flags st Louis was almost impossible. All in all we had a great time. I look forward to coming back to this state at another time for Silver Dollar City and Worlds of Fun.
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 29, 2018 7:20 am

Good write-up. I agree 100% Six Flags St. Louis just needs that one elite coaster to push them over the edge. Whether that be RMC Boss, a Raptor, or something entirely different, they have one heck of a supporting cast ready to go.

I was at the park 2 days before you and Justice League was closed all day, so I'm glad to hear they got it back up and running.

As for more air on Pandemonium than Screamin' Eagle, I don't know how that could have happened. The Eagle was absolutely hauling on Friday night and dishing out good air on almost every hill. Sounds like you didn't get the same experience. It's a shame since that ended up being my favorite coaster in the whole park.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Postby thrillrider » Tue May 29, 2018 7:30 am

I totally agree about the merchandise.

Every park we visit, we like to get a fridge magnet and shot glass. The only options were superhero items. I guess I could have been ok with it had the superhero items had the park name on it as well, but no luck there. :?r

We have Been to this park a few times, and agree 100% with your great report. The only part I differ with you is about screeching eagle. That ride was amazing. I would have given it at least an 8/10.
By the way, did you get to ride Excalibur? This ride is nuts...and rare.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby Philrad71 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:36 am

We were also looking for SfStL merch as we always try to get a fridge magnet and ornament for our tree - no luck finding either in any of the gift shops at the front of the park.

I agree about all of the Marvel stuff...if I wanted to buy that, I would just head down to the local Wal-Mart. Well actually I wouldn't, but you get the point. ;)

^ Excalibur has been closed all season for refurb.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!