Steel Vengeance Media Day - Photo & Video Report

How is that big new amazing looking RMC coaster, anyway?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Steel Vengeance Media Day - Photo & Video Report

Postby DILinator » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:56 pm

robbalvey wrote:
DILinator wrote:
Ape wrote:The only question I really have is do those bunny hops coming back to the station feel like the ones on Lightning Run? It looks like they do in the videos.

My take on this, from riding the other night, is that while those hops absolutely feel like they're trying to chuck you off the train, they are still more "comfortable" than the ones at the end up Lightning Run, Lightning Rod, or Storm Chaser.

I actually thought they felt *exactly* the same as the ones on Lightning Run, Rod, and Storm Chaser.

I think what I'm trying to communicate is that they "felt" the same, as in what your experience was (the violent tossing forward, as if to eject you), but that the restraint was more comfortable, for whatever reason. That was my impression at least.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Steel Vengeance Media Day - Photo & Video Report

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:54 am

DILinator wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
DILinator wrote:
Ape wrote:The only question I really have is do those bunny hops coming back to the station feel like the ones on Lightning Run? It looks like they do in the videos.

My take on this, from riding the other night, is that while those hops absolutely feel like they're trying to chuck you off the train, they are still more "comfortable" than the ones at the end up Lightning Run, Lightning Rod, or Storm Chaser.

I actually thought they felt *exactly* the same as the ones on Lightning Run, Rod, and Storm Chaser.

I think what I'm trying to communicate is that they "felt" the same, as in what your experience was (the violent tossing forward, as if to eject you), but that the restraint was more comfortable, for whatever reason. That was my impression at least.

Honestly, I have to agree with DILinator, from my experience. Not sure if it's the restraints, or more aligned airtime hills vs. off-kilter, but the final hills of Vengeance did feel more comfortable to me (while still delivering killer airtime).

Of course everyone's experience is different, so I guess we'll see how other people feel once more people get rides on it.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!