Steel Vengeance Media Day - Photo & Video Report

How is that big new amazing looking RMC coaster, anyway?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Steel Vengeance Media Day - Photo & Video Report

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:27 am

Awesome report! Love the ridercam video!

I don't even need to hear how you rank this compared to others, I'll just see for myself this week. It must be good with all the praise you have for it!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Dombot » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:47 am

OH. MY. GOD.

I need to get to Cedar Point this year. This looks astounding.
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:13 am

Ape wrote:I followed along all day yesterday and I am just so happy we decided to get platinum passes this year. The only question I really have is do those bunny hops coming back to the station feel like the ones on Lightning Run? It looks like they do in the videos.

Yes. Very much so!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:16 am

Amazing report, Robb! The fog for media day makes the pictures look kind of ominous which only adds to the coolness of it all. Your pictures turned out fantastic, do you use a specific editing app? I have an iPhone SE as well so am always looking for ways to get pics looking better and yours are some of my favorites! The video of you with Ms. Hairtime is a masterpiece, seriously. I'm curious: were the employees lowering the restraints for you like they're doing on Twisted Timbers or are you able to lower them yourself?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:18 am

robbalvey wrote:
Ape wrote:I followed along all day yesterday and I am just so happy we decided to get platinum passes this year. The only question I really have is do those bunny hops coming back to the station feel like the ones on Lightning Run? It looks like they do in the videos.

Yes. Very much so!

Excellent I love when it feels like a coaster is trying to kick me off.

Postby prozach626 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:20 am

robbalvey wrote:
I told someone today "I spend less time ranking and counting because I want to spend more time RIDING, because that's the whole POINT of all of this!"

I have a ton of respect for a comment like this. I've echoed this plenty of times. I personally think top ten lists are silly, but that's my opinion. I can probably think of about ten coasters that come to mind when I think about my favorites, but I have no intention of ordering them or wasting energy over analyzing them. Fury probably shines as my favorite, just because for my personal tastes it clearly stood out above all of the other roller coasters I'd ridden at that point, and still does. Aside from that, I could give two sh*ts.

Thanks for the media report. The early morning fog seemed to be a proper way to introduce this intimidating looking ride.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby kenban » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:52 pm

WolfBobs wrote:
Invertalon wrote: Even the MCBR you hardly notice as at that point, as you need a minute to brace yourself for the finale sequence which is just insane.

Out of curiosity how many trains were running yesterday? One would think that MCBR would be noticeable if all 3 trains where on course. But what do I know?

There was only a single train on the track. The MCBR was completely off for media day.

The speed difference between the morning and afternoon was huge, but if I remember right it was around 46 degrees at 5AM, and was in the 60's when it ended at 1PM. I got 10 rides in but no bruises to prove it. If there is no trim added and the MCBR stays off it is going to be extremely powerful ejector airtime towards the end of the ride.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:19 pm

Steel Vengeance was for certain the main attraction - but THE FOG was an awesome 'co-star' in your super photos and videos!  (A scene-stealer!)  Thanks for sharing the contagious fun of a killer coaster. =)

P.S.  So...for human body curiosity....does this ride "take out the kinks" - or "put them in?!"  Those "bunny hops" look like 'mini-slingshots.' :airtime:

Alice

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Intaman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Awesome coverage and report, Robb! The fog really did a fine job of creating a cool atmosphere for the media day. I also appreciate your comments regarding credit counting and ranking. It really is more about riding and having fun. As time has passed, I find myself less concerned about raising my count or ranking my top tens and more about simply enjoying the experience (good company always helps!), which is why I have long valued the TPR approach over the alternative!

Anyway, I'm super excited to ride this and it certainly looks like a big win for both RMC and Cedar Point!

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Awesome report and coverage, Robb! Really looking forward to my visit in a couple of weeks! :b
Total: 235 | Steel: 179 | Wooden: 56

Last Coaster Ridden: Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point on May 13, 2018.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!