TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

World's best roller coasters voted by TPR members!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:35 am

I love these lists. I feel like they're totally balanced and they just 'make sense'. Thanks to everyone who voted and ranked! Can't wait to see how coasters climb/fall/break through over the years.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:42 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:I love these lists. I feel like they're totally balanced and they just 'make sense'.

... despite my best efforts. Sorry Mystery Mine, I tried but everyone really, really hates you. :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:56 am

Awesome! Looks realistic, fair and balanced. So awesome seeing El Toro up there. After riding Lightning Rod and El Toro in the same season, it is still insane and deserves its top spot.

Robb, Chase and AJ, thanks for all the insanely hard work and hours put into this! I didn’t have a chance to get my ballot done this year aside from testing help but it is a priority next year.

Let’s get this passed along and get those participation numbers up super high for next year. I’m sure parks and manufacturers will embrace this in their marketing.

Looking forward to seeing how the pole evolves and how the results are presented. (Regional results, manufacturer results, etc)
Last edited by rollin_n_coastin on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:00 am.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:00 am

coasterbill wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:I love these lists. I feel like they're totally balanced and they just 'make sense'.

... despite my best efforts. Sorry Mystery Mine, I tried but everyone really, really hates you. :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

I love MM too! I also have Scooby Doo's Spooky coaster still high on my list so there were definitely some odd/'mediocre' coasters that got high votes. #nostalgia

Looks like MM came in at #264 in good company with Flying Turns, Furious Baco, Invadr, and Fujiyama!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:01 am

I was happy to see many of my top 10 in the top 25. I really need to get over to Mexico City to check that out. My favorite surprise was seeing Storm Chaser so high. I thought I had seen more bad reviews for it but I guess I was wrong.
Last edited by Mrlittle on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 am.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:04 am

Oh this deserves its own post but a huge congratulations to my home park for having the last place coaster lol!

Congrats Time Warp!
Last edited by rollin_n_coastin on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 am.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 am

Mrlittle wrote: My favorite surprise was seeing Storm Chaser so high. I thought I had seen more bad reviews for it but I guess I was wrong.

IIRC - Most people went to Storm Chaser on a cold media day or early in the season and it didn't perform well. We brought a group late summer and it was running awesome! I'm guessing our group, plus others that went later or following years got much better rides than the people that first posted reviews.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:26 am

Another random thought...

Congratulations to Movie Park Germany for having not only the worst wooden coaster on the planet...but also a bottom ten steel! :lmao:

I actually like this park and I feel they're moving in the right direction. It will only get better when these coasters get bulldozed!

Arrow rox my sox!

Postby zburns999 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:33 am

I feel oddly satisfied to see Time Warp listed as the worst steel coaster on earth. Generally, I can ride just about anything and have a good time (for reference, I rode Flight Deck, which is also a bottom ten ride, and thought it was a blast in a weird way). But when I got off Time Warp, although by myself, I actually verbalized the words: That was the worst roller coaster I've ever been on. Glad I'm not alone in this sentiment.

The poll was fantastic and gave a real solid representation of what I expected to be the most-enjoyed coasters on earth. Hope this becomes a yearly staple.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby toughmudder » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:07 am

Great lists! Thanks for all the work that went into creating these. I've missed Mitch Hawker's lists for years, and I'm sorry - but the Golden Ticket awards just don't cut it.

Congrats to my home park, Lagoon, for having a Top 30 steel coaster in Cannibal! I never thought our little park would have a world-class coaster, but that it does. To think that it finished ahead of BGT's dynamic duo - Montu and Kumbu - among true coaster enthusiasts is dang cool. :b

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!