TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

World's best roller coasters voted by TPR members!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

Postby BelgianBullet » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:41 am

Looks like a solid list! I hope that next year there will be even more participants from all over the world, more Asian coaster enthusiasts for example. That way the result will be even more representative. I will do my best to share the poll on the forums I'm frequenting to get some more ballots from European coaster enthuisiasts.

Thanks to everyone that made this possible.

And I'm interested in some statistics per ride manufacturer:
B&M
Intamin
Mack
Gerstlauer
Vekoma

Maybe it's also a nice add-on that you see next to every coaster in your personal ranking where it ended in the final ranking. So you can compare how your taste compares to everyone else's.

The last things are just suggestions. Thanks for the amazing result there is already.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby K258 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:09 am

Many friends have said to me, “I only like steel coasters. Wooden coasters shake too much.” It’s because Darien Lake is our big regional theme park and they’ve only ridden the Predator. Now I have evidence when I say, “the Predator is one of the WORST coasters in the world. Come with me to Knoebels.”

I also now have a list of destination coasters to keep me busy for many summers!

Thanks!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:16 am

Very cool to see the results! I, as many others have already mentioned, am surprised to see Medusa Steel Coaster ranked so highly. I guess I'm gonna have to get my butt down to Mexico one of these days! =)
That coaster dad [306] and that coaster kiddo [157]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wicked Cyclone. The Wild One. Goliath (SFGAm).

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:26 am

WolfBobs wrote:Out of curiosity it was said that part of the poll takes into account how many coasters a person has ridden. Do these persons rankings offer more weight? Or am I not understanding that correctly?

And if so, If a person has ridden say 300 coasters, but only ranked a top 25 for this poll. Would that skew results at all? Just curious cause I personally was too lazy to go back and try to figure out how I would rank the 300-ish coasters I've ridden. Since I never rank coasters to begin with. I just did a top 25. :angel: But if this messed with any results I will try better next year to not be lazy! :lol:

So, no rider has more or less weight compared to another, though the more coasters you rank, the more accurate the final results will be. So even if you have your top 25 in ranked order and then your bottom 100 all tied together (like with rank #573 or some arbitrary number larger than 25), that's still better for the poll then only ranking your top 25 and leaving the rest alone and not dragging them into position on your "ranked" list.

For example, if you ranked El Toro as your #1 and only ranked your top 25, El Toro would only be "better" than 24 other coasters on your individual ballot. But if you included your bottom 100 other coasters afterward, even if you tied them, El Toro would be better than 124 coasters instead of 24. Does that make sense?

Another thing that the poll takes into account is how many people have ridden a certain coaster. Pretty much everyone who has ridden T Express at Everland has loved it very much, but because less than twelve people marked it as "ridden" and ranked it in their ballots, it technically doesn't count when generating the final results. That twelve-rider rule is subject to change next year.

BelgianBullet wrote:And I'm interested in some statistics per ride manufacturer:
B&M
Intamin
Mack
Gerstlauer
Vekoma

I'll get those for you later tonight!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:07 am

The results make sense to me. I was very pleased that Kolmarden's Wildfire did so well (one of RMC's best creations).

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:14 am

I am happy to see rides like Lightning Run at KK crack the top steel list. Its a small coaster and a smedium park but man does that ride pack a punch!
1.Maverick 2.Lighting Run 3.Fury 4.Afterburn 5.Raptor 6.GoliathSFGAM 7. Storm Chaster 8.Thunderhawk 9.Raging Bull 10.Shivering Timbers 11.Millennium Force

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:38 am

All the RMC’s made it except for Joker and Goliath. Wow.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:54 am

Great work by all involved. It's exciting to again have a list that ranks the coasters objectively. Surprised to see I've been on 7 of the top 25 overall.
Skyrush/El Toro/Boulder Dash/Superman/New Texas Giant/Phantom's Revenge/Wicked Cyclone/Phoenix/Stormrunner/Xcelerator
Total coasters: 122

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby The Geek Mojo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:58 am

I have a feeling Steel Vengeance might dethrone El Toro next year. I like the results. Some of these I haven't rode yet, but this poll definitely gives me a great "To Do List". Thanks!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Garet » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:12 am

Do the lower number of people who've ridden the coasters tend to skewer the ratings much higher? I expected T Express to do well but even though I put Atlantis in my top 10, I was surprised to see it in the top 30.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!