TPR Cruising on the Disney Magic!

Part 3 of our epic report including Fireworks at Sea!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: TPR Cruising on the Disney Magic!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:54 am

The princess meet n greets and character interaction alone probably make a Disney Cruise worth it.

You mentioned that you have to sign up in advance for the princesses, do you sign up with a specific time for each princess or are there several at the same location like in the parks?

As for the rest of the characters like Pirate Mickey and Minnie and Stitch on Pirate night, just curious but how are the lines for meeting those characters on a ship?

Postby viking86 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 am

robbalvey wrote:I may have snuck in a picture with the Frozen princesses! (This isn't creepy right? Please just tell me this isn't creepy!)

I don't see how anyone could possibly find this picture creepy in any way! :p

Although I feel that Elsa is not quite getting the attention she deserves...

Postby bert425 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:31 am

THIS is not creepy at all.. .in fact, I'm jealous as hell and wish I could have been there to get a pic like this!

*this* however, is kind of creepy. . what, was it Marie Antoinette day in addition to Pirate night?

great report on your 3rd day, and I concur completely that a day on ship (at a Port one has been to prior) is a fantastic way to spend the time while docked.
Those waterslides look fun as heck, and the food.. as usual. . . sounds and looks delicious!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri May 11, 2018 11:17 am

bert425 wrote:*this* however, is kind of creepy. . what, was it Marie Antoinette day in addition to Pirate night?

I will tell Kristen you said that about her dress that she loves! :lol: :p

Postby bert425 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:41 am

robbalvey wrote:I will tell Kristen you said that about her dress that she loves! :lol: :p

[DarthVader] "I find your lack of head disturbing". . . [/DarthVader]

LOL. . and see? I brought it back to Disney :p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri May 11, 2018 1:04 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:The princess meet n greets and character interaction alone probably make a Disney Cruise worth it.

You mentioned that you have to sign up in advance for the princesses, do you sign up with a specific time for each princess or are there several at the same location like in the parks?

As for the rest of the characters like Pirate Mickey and Minnie and Stitch on Pirate night, just curious but how are the lines for meeting those characters on a ship?

Great questions...

For that "Princess Gathering" you sign up ahead of time for a time and get all four princesses just waiting in line one time.

For Frozen, that's a separate sign up, and you get both girls for waiting in line once.

Other random characters are just listed in the schedule and you'll basically wait 20 minutes no matter what. Either get there 20min early and be first in line, or get in line once it's open and wait 20 minutes.

The only exception was the Marvel Characters. They also had special signups (like the princesses), and just random schedules when you'd have to get in line earlier or wait longer.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Fri May 11, 2018 8:08 pm

^Do they sell out or is it easy to get your children in at least once to see the princesses?

I'm curious what you guys think of the islands for people who are doing cruises only the once? Worth doing or is it mostly touristy things you'd hit on normal vacations?

Postby Hilltopper39 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:16 am

SharkTums wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:The princess meet n greets and character interaction alone probably make a Disney Cruise worth it.

Great questions...

For that "Princess Gathering" you sign up ahead of time for a time and get all four princesses just waiting in line one time.

For Frozen, that's a separate sign up, and you get both girls for waiting in line once.

Other random characters are just listed in the schedule and you'll basically wait 20 minutes no matter what. Either get there 20min early and be first in line, or get in line once it's open and wait 20 minutes.

The only exception was the Marvel Characters. They also had special signups (like the princesses), and just random schedules when you'd have to get in line earlier or wait longer.

Thanks! I figured with the number of people on the ship there would always be lines but they would never be that bad so it sounds like's pretty much the case. It's nice that you can sign up for a time for the main princesses at least.

We're tentatively planning a Disney Cruise for later next year (when my girls will be 4 and 7) and these trip reports are just amping up our excitement to another level.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat May 12, 2018 8:35 am

Garet wrote:^Do they sell out or is it easy to get your children in at least once to see the princesses?

I'm curious what you guys think of the islands for people who are doing cruises only the once? Worth doing or is it mostly touristy things you'd hit on normal vacations?

We didn't book until about six weeks out and we were still able to get times...granted they were like 8am and not ideal times, but it was possible!

As for the destinations on a Caribbean cruise, it's really what you're into. We've done ATV's and Zip Lines a ton so we don't really do them anymore. We've never been beach people so we steer clear from those. And we don't need to drink or eat a ton as we do that on the ship, so we don't do the all inclusive resorts that you can do. Our favorite locations in the Caribbean are probably Jamaica, the private islands, and St. Maarten (for the fun airport!).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Halian » Thu May 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Robb, what image host are you using? I'm seeing the word “Image” in lieu of a few of the pictures.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!