TPR Cruising on the Disney Magic!

Part 3 of our epic report including Fireworks at Sea!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: TPR Cruising on the Disney Magic!

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 am

ElvisLuv wrote:Is that how Animator's Palate is every night night on the Magic. We got the Crush show on the Dream.

There are basically three different shows depending on the ship. The Crush show you get on the Dream and Fantasy the first time you are in the restaurant. Then on Fantasy or any other 7+ night itineraries you get "Animation Magic" which is this insanely cool show where everyone in the restaurant draws their own character on paper and then it comes to live on screen right in front of you!

And then on the Magic & Wonder you get the show with Sorcerer Mickey that we posted about above.

Personally my favorite is the Animation Magic and the Sorcerer Mickey show. I think the Crush show would be a lot cooler had I not seen Turtle Talk many many times at the park.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 am.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby TBpony414 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:54 am

I finally smartened up and ate lunch mere minutes before reading this TR since I knew it would be loaded with insanely delicious looking food! And boy was I right!! Animator's Palate looks really cool and that video does a great job of giving those of us who have never experienced it before a taste of the magic. Are you given a seating time for dinner each night or can you show up whenever?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 am

I've always wondered if Disney has ever considered bringing an Animator's Palate style dining location at any of their parks or resorts, it seems like it would be insanely popular anywhere they decided to offer it.

Then again it's pretty cool that's it's an experience that's exclusive to the cruise ships.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:23 am

TBpony414 wrote:Are you given a seating time for dinner each night or can you show up whenever?

Yes, there are two times for the dinner seating. Usually on ships it's around 5pm and 8pm. This show works because they know that everyone in the restaurant, for the most part, is at the same place in their dinner as everyone else so the show runs like clockwork.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:31 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:I've always wondered if Disney has ever considered bringing an Animator's Palate style dining location at any of their parks or resorts, it seems like it would be insanely popular anywhere they decided to offer it.

I think it would be difficult because you would NEED to have set seating times for it to work since it *IS* a show with a beginning, middle, and end. And the entire show takes about the length of dinner, around 90 minutes. That works more difficultly with the park setting since people like to make their dinner reservations at different times.

You have "dinner shows" like Hoop De Doo that operate on a schedule, but that's almost on a different level since it has live music, singing, dancing, etc.

I personally think Artist's Palate would be a harder sell in a theme park environment where everyone is moving at different speeds. I also sort of like that it's exclusive to the cruise ships. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 am

^You're probably right, in that it requires more "structure" that isn't as accommodating to park guests as it is to guests on the cruise ship. Besides we all know if they could offer it in a park/resort setting and make money off of it there probably would have been on opened 10 years ago :mickey: .

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:46 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:we all know if they could offer it in a park/resort setting and make money off of it there probably would have been on opened 10 years ago :mickey: .

Yep! And we'd be booking it regularly! :lol:

But seriously, the ships do NEED things that are exclusive to them, otherwise they would be a little less attractive if you could get all the same experiences at the parks.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:47 am.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Mmmm unlimited poolside shwarma AND a buffet of already cracked crab legs?

Thank you for the updates, can't wait to read more. I've been on two (non Disney) cruises but we are thinking of another now thanks to this thread 8)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 pm

robbalvey wrote:
ElvisLuv wrote:Is that how Animator's Palate is every night night on the Magic. We got the Crush show on the Dream.

There are basically three different shows depending on the ship. The Crush show you get on the Dream and Fantasy the first time you are in the restaurant. Then on Fantasy or any other 7+ night itineraries you get "Animation Magic" which is this insanely cool show where everyone in the restaurant draws their own character on paper and then it comes to live on screen right in front of you!

And then on the Magic & Wonder you get the show with Sorcerer Mickey that we posted about above.

Personally my favorite is the Animation Magic and the Sorcerer Mickey show. I think the Crush show would be a lot cooler had I not seen Turtle Talk many many times at the park.

Thanks, our first Disney Cruise was a 3 day introductory on the Dream during spring break, I put a deposit down for a 6 day Barcelona to Rome cruise for 2019 on the MAgic. We loved the Beauty and the Breast on Dream, the other two were ok but we loved Beauty and the Beast. I showed my wife this as she inadvertantly found out I booked that cruise as she had a day off from teaching today and it just so happened we got something from Disney on the cruise. Well one person now knows their Christmas present already. She was very pleased and even more excited to see the differences between the ships so as it's not a repeat and rinse type thing. WE hope to do Alaska in 2021 on Disney.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 pm

ElvisLuv wrote:Thanks, our first Disney Cruise was a 3 day introductory on the Dream during spring break, I put a deposit down for a 6 day Barcelona to Rome cruise for 2019 on the MAgic. We loved the Beauty and the Beast on Dream, the other two were ok but we loved Beauty and the Beast.

Beauty & The Beast is FANTASTIC! It is easily the best show I've seen performed on a cruise ship. Tangled was good, too, but IMO Beauty & The Beast set a new bar. I wonder if on the 6 night itinerary you'll get Animation Magic in Animator's Palate or not. Something to look into. I know they said that they only do it on 7 night sailings, but I know the reasoning is they only do it when they know everyone on the ship can see it so it's fair. And on a six night, everyone should get two nights in Animator's so it's possible. Something to maybe look into because it's worth it, IMO!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!