TPR Cruising on the Disney Magic!

Part 3 of our epic report including Fireworks at Sea!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: TPR Cruising on the Disney Magic!

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:52 am

SharkTums wrote:^Did we mention there's also a nursery where you can dump them off for a bit to have some adult or 'older kid' time!?!?!? ;)

Not yet. That's coming in part 2 of this report I believe.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:52 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:23 pm

mikeykaise wrote:I think the rotating wait staff is an awesome idea as this allows your server to get to know your likes and dislikes quickly. I was just curious if you get put into a group that rotates through the restaurants or is it just where one server is assigned to you personally?

On our recent criise I had to excuse myself from dinner for a business issue. My meal, along with my server nearly beat me to my room.

I'm watching this thread because this is the ship we put a deposit down of for Europe 2019.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Fantastic report! That whole "fish extenders" thing is such a fun reminder that there are genuinely good people out there still. So awesomely Disney.
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mikeykaise » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:18 pm

robbalvey wrote:
mikeykaise wrote:I was just curious if you get put into a group that rotates through the restaurants or is it just where one server is assigned to you personally?

Well, it's both. You are given your rotation schedule at the start of the cruise, and since all the restaurants seat 1/3 of the ship's guests fairly equally, everyone in that rotation will pretty much rotate together to the next restaurant and your staff goes with you. And it's not like the entire group is sitting at one table or anything it's just an entire restaurant full of people. I hope I'm answering you correctly, the question was worded a bit confusing, sorry.

Thanks Rob, that's an awesome idea and a cool way of doing it. You caught my drift, I just couldn't put the question into the right words in my head. I would love to take my family on a Disney cruise one of these days.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Awesome report! Disney Magic sure seems to capture plenty of the "Disney magic". I have never been a proper cruise myself (only overnight ferries), but it looks like something that I would enjoy very much.

I love heading down to the harbour to have a look when there is a Disney ship in town. As a huge Disney fan, there's just something special about seeing the ship with the Disney logo on the side. Standing there wanting to go on the ship makes me feel like a child again! :p
20160716_110131.jpg
Disney Magic in Bergen, Norway in July 2016.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:09 pm

RoCo wrote:Fantastic report! That whole "fish extenders" thing is such a fun reminder that there are genuinely good people out there still. So awesomely Disney.

I love the idea of the fish extenders and people being so giving to each other. Awesome idea! :)

By the way, once you've booked your cruise, how soon do you start planning for this Secret Santa thing?
And how far in advance is that, usually, on the average?

Just curious about this, as I know how long it takes me to organize and do gift-giving in other situations.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:13 pm

^When we joined the group we were about two months from the cruise and they happily let us join. They let people join until about 4 weeks out as we all needed time to shop and make for those in our group. Some of the people had been in that group and had been planning for over a year as soon as the cruise was open for booking!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Married a Canadian » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Particularly enjoying this trip report as we are big Disney cruisers (it is the only cruise line we have done), and I enjoy seeing your comparisons to other ships and also the things we have missed (I will point out the sorcerers hat to my wife next year....can't believe we missed that one...too busy looking for hidden Mickeys).
We also love the fish extender, and I fully agree with you that it does show the good side of people.

Did you get assigned your own table at dinner or did you get seated with another family? If you did is that something that you enjoy?

Will look forward to reading more updates.
Top 10 1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Apollo's Chariot 4 Skyrush 5 Maverick 6 Iron Rattler 7 Leviathan (front row) 8 Phantom's Revenge 9 Millennium Force 10 Manta 11 Saw The ride 12 Mako

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:17 pm

SharkTums wrote:^When we joined the group we were about two months from the cruise and they happily let us join. They let people join until about 4 weeks out as we all needed time to shop and make for those in our group. Some of the people had been in that group and had been planning for over a year as soon as the cruise was open for booking!

Haha! Just like me, sometimes. A good year in advance, lol.

Thanks for the info, Elissa.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Married a Canadian wrote:Did you get assigned your own table at dinner or did you get seated with another family? If you did is that something that you enjoy?

We had our own table by request. You guys all know us, we're very odd, and not totally PG-13 (even with our 11 year old), so we assume we don't play well with most others. From what I've researched, Disney is very good with seating you with similarly aged children/families or respecting if you ask for your own table.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!