TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Djurs Sommerland Denmark 2016

Day 7 – Djurs Sommerland.

The last park visit scheduled in this Denmark / Sweden trip. This morning we had to get up early again to arrive at 8:30 AM at the parking lot of Djurs. We had an appointment with Henrik to meet at the guest service. An employee made a call to the office and a couple of minutes later Henrik arrived to pick us up and enter the park.

Here you find the report in moving pictures

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

And here we move on with the Photo Trip report.

wOOehtC.jpg

I think we are the first today

Mbhk78A.jpg

Henrik took us straight to the Intamin Mega Lite Coaster “Piraten”

He opened the gate and the we are walking between the track of “Piraten”

What delivered us some pretty nice pictures.

MjcYXan.jpg

SmGwaSC.jpg

Frw1ZBq.jpg

Z3XoFpV.jpg

Nz8D4Zi.jpg

WVH0yRK.jpg

WVH0yRK.jpg

Si7Vlko.jpg

u8FZI1I.jpg

Cable lift system

VBXjgxt.jpg

79E1HdA.jpg

MFTv7tE.jpg

Now it’s time to visit the station and technical area of “Piraten”

PulKMyT.jpg

xmffmZP.jpg

hW9yFsw.jpg

CCxmUfO.jpg

MMzj4rH.jpg

L25ECPF.jpg

s4mSgsd.jpg

kKeqspq.jpg

3bI5uLm.jpg

Now up to Skateoen. A smaller version of Poseidon at Europa Park but much smoother

ReJmiwt.jpg

DpZmFQ3.jpg

f6SoJAG.jpg

xmfX6ac.jpg

K0Gqake.jpg

MnLyEBC.jpg

p6OfFCt.jpg

Henrik took us to Juvelen. A real jewel of an Intamin double launch coaster

woUuZ7Z.jpg

wWQxDsi.jpg

JVvMg21.jpg

EEehKqq.jpg

Leg0ASJ.jpg

UricZaj.jpg

XMfhXns.jpg

38Ofg36.jpg

172mgWl.jpg

PG3WDai.jpg

ue7Gay8.jpg

P7QEO9c.jpg

yO3FqAX.jpg

8NqxsRF.jpg

1Uq6sJ8.jpg

UhUT1Ej.jpg

After having examine the coaster very closely we got the chance to ride the coaster on every position of choice up until the first guests arrive at the station . Henrik went on to his normal schedule for the day and we would meetup again around 4 pm for some coffee.

So the backstage tour ended and it was time to check out the rest of the park. Up to Thor’s hammer it was.

umsw4zd.jpg

SE4BtB7.jpg

dqCEo3k.jpg

PbUbhua.jpg

ciHLWEN.jpg

LHnCkLG.jpg

The Junior coaster “Vilde honsejagt” was a very happy themed coaster around a farm with the fox chasing the chicken run. The front of the train gives a nice humoristic feeling.

weNOmfb.jpg

EYSBb8u.jpg

oy9VhDU.jpg

Sb8nZkX.jpg

f6hDOXh.jpg

Some random pictures of the park.

oWFCSGv.jpg

45i6xTc.jpg

nKRtYq3.jpg

2OnpYeh.jpg

1ralOXR.jpg

83qDnAK.jpg

haxJIMP.jpg

ywdmSlj.jpg

For this we would ask Henrik at the coffee in the afternoon but as expected he could not tell us much besides this new ride will be a coaster and he assured us we would come back for this one (and he was right) We thanked him for the hospitality and the tour behind the scenes. This time we had taken the famous Stroopwafels with us and Henrik would make sure that the second box would find it’s way to Soren who gave us the grand tour at Farup the day before.

So with one overnight somewhere in the North of Germany we returned back to the Netherlands confronted with the heaviest rainfall in decades and total chaos on the Dutch Highways. Still amazed about the trip we had accomplished with such a small group of coaster fans.

Edited by Supernovae

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those backstage shots are awesome! I particularly love the picture taken at the bottom of the first drop of Piraten, fantastic shot!

Henrik took us to Juvelen. A real jewel of an Intamin double launch coaster.

I definitely agree with this one. I visited Djurs last year and I was very impressed by Juvelen. So much fun and a couple of surprisingly intense turns! One of the best family coasters I have ever ridden!

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for nice behind the scenes photos! Djurs is definitely a park I need to re-visit, as often as possible! I fell in love with not only their kick-ass Intamin rides (Piraten and Juvelen at the time of my visit), but the whole park aesthetics and awesome personnel as well.