Pixar in the Parks: Toy Story Land & Pixar Pier Sneak Peek!

Part 3 - Pixar Pier & Toy Story Land Closer Look!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Pixar in the Parks: Toy Story Land & Pixar Pier Sneak Pe

Postby laqueefa » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:07 am

That 'TV dinner" pork chop looks amazing!
Tigga, please!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:07 am

Okay, I'm super late to this party, but this is a fantastic report. The Imagineering building is incredible, and all the Pixar Fest stuff looks so good. Love that Mike Wazowski shaped bread.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Continuing on with our report... Since the main focus on this event was Pixar on both coasts, let's take a closer look at what is coming to both the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World. Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure opens on June 23rd and Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World Hollywood Studios opens June 30th. Pixar Fest will begin at the Disneyland Resort (both parks) on April 13rd and run through September 3rd.

Here are a few "fun facts" about Toy Story Land that you might not have known...

• More than 400 toy blocks fill Andy’s backyard.

• In Toy Story Land, Andy’s footprint is about 25 feet long or the equivalent of a size 240 shoe.

• It would take a Green Army Man roughly 12 steps just to travel the length of one of Andy’s
shoeprints.

• You would need a backpack the size of a school bus to carry the Buzz and Woody figures that
tower over Toy Story Land.

• The weight of the Slinky Dog Dash track and support columns weighs almost as much as 125,000
gallons of milk.

• Together Rex and the Jenga Tower are as tall as 71⁄2 Green Army Men standing on top of one
another.

Now on to some photos & video!

001.JPG
It was a real treat to be able to see the Imagineers at WDI working on the model for the upcoming Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure opening June 23rd!

002.JPG
The transformation is going to be fantastic and it will bring a new cohesive theme to an area of the park that was currently didn't really have one.

003.JPG
Everything on the "roller coaster" side of the pier will get a new Pixar theme, while the attractions on the other side of the water, will be part of "Paradise Park."

004.jpg
We were there for the announcement and unveiling for "Jessie's Critter Carousel!" This should be a fun new theme to the carousel featuring those familiar critters you see at the end of the Toy Story Mania attraction!

005.JPG
We got to see the mock up of the critters during our visit to Walt Disney Imagineering.

006.jpg
And even were given a walk-through on how the "maquettes" for the ride are created.

007.jpg
These little models are sculpted by hand and used to help build the final ride vehicle you will see on the attraction.

008.jpg
Here's an artists overview of what it will look like.

009.jpg
The new Pixar Pier entry way with the Pixar lamp welcoming you to the area!

010.jpg
The Adorable Snowman serves "yellow snow" frosted treats! (He swears they are lemon flavored!) lol

011.jpg
The "Poultry Palace" which will serve you everything chicken!

012.jpg
And even "Spanish Language Setting" Buzz Lightyear makes an appearance at his Churro stand! Cute!

013.jpg
Of course the star of the area will most likely be the new Incredicoaster which will offer a new Incredibles theme to California Screamin'! I'm a huge fan of both the coaster and The Incredibles, so I'm most certainly looking forward to this one!

014.jpg
Pixar Fest opens April 13th and new entertainment will be in BOTH Disneyland and California Adventure! Here's the new lead float for the Pixar Play Parade at Disneyland.

015.jpg
There will also be a new float in the parade with characters from the movie Up.

016.jpg
Over at Disney California Adventure, Paint The Night will return with a new Incredibles themed float.

017.jpg
We got to see a preview show of the new Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular, and spectacular it was!

018.jpg
The fireworks are amazing, and the projections will display on the castle, down Main Street, on It's a Small World, and on the water screens in Rivers of America.

019.jpg
I won't give away too many spoilers about this show, but I will share this image with you and some clips in this video below...

020.jpg
Heading back to Orlando, we got to take a look at the construction site for Toy Story Land opening June 30th!

021.JPG
Slinky Dog Dash is the central focus of the land as it sprawls almost over the entire area.

022.jpg
The coaster will feature a "double launch" which I believe is a first for any of the Disney parks!

023.jpg
While Slinky Dog Dash is more of a "family coaster" (think Seven Dwarfs Mine Train meets Big Thunder Mountain) it will offer thrills for all ages and be "just enough" for those who don't want something too extreme.

024.jpg
While we were getting our tour of the construction site, they were installing the Wheezy character who you will hear singing "You've Got A Friend In Me" throughout the day.

025.JPG
Check out the Slinky Dog Dash headband they premiered for us at the event! lol Cute!

026.jpg
We are also looking forward to the Alien Swirling Saucers!

027.jpg
Another fun new attraction that will join it's other Toy Story friends in the land.

028.JPG
And yes, the aliens have a headband too! (the eyes both glow and move!)

029.jpg
Woody's Lunch Box will be a new quick service dining option for Toy Story Land.

030.jpg
And the entrance to Toy Story Mania will be moved so you enter the attraction from the new land.

031.jpg
Always a fun ride! Even though it's only about 10 years old, IMO it's already a "classic!"

032.jpg
Toy Story Land opens on June 30th and we are looking forward to getting our first rides on Slinky Dog Dash!

033.jpg
And hanging out with the rest of the Toy Story characters throughout the land!
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:47 pm.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Nice! Lots of fun stuff to look forward to. Is it weird that I'm most excited about the yellow snow cones?
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:28 pm

^ Probably, but that's okay. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:42 am

I'm curious to see what they do with the existing Pixar Place street in the Studios park once the new Toy Story Land and the Mickey Ride and everything else is eventually open. That area will be pretty dead without the entrance to Midway Mania and the character meet n greet. Toy Story land looks phenomenal though, really excited to check this out eventually.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:05 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:I'm curious to see what they do with the existing Pixar Place street in the Studios park once the new Toy Story Land and the Mickey Ride and everything else is eventually open. That area will be pretty dead without the entrance to Midway Mania and the character meet n greet. Toy Story land looks phenomenal though, really excited to check this out eventually.

Remember, one of the main entrances into Toy Story Land will be from that street so that area will actually probably be VERY busy when the new land opens.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:21 am

robbalvey wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:I'm curious to see what they do with the existing Pixar Place street in the Studios park once the new Toy Story Land and the Mickey Ride and everything else is eventually open. That area will be pretty dead without the entrance to Midway Mania and the character meet n greet. Toy Story land looks phenomenal though, really excited to check this out eventually.

Remember, one of the main entrances into Toy Story Land will be from that street so that area will actually probably be VERY busy when the new land opens.

I was talking about south of the Toy Story Land Entrance down towards where it used to intersect the Streets of America. I guess it's walled off now as a dead end past the existing Toy Story Mania entrance, maybe they'll just move that dead end north. Or the character meet n greets stays open where it is maybe nothing changes.

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:48 am

Love the "backstage" tour of Imagineering Studios - I agree with another poster that it would be like a dream come true to work there!

The new lands certainly have a lot of pop and color to them too - love it!

Thanks as always for sharing the behind the scenes stuff, Robb...always most appreciated!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:08 pm

I've always wanted a Pixar only park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!