TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Epic Waters - Indoor Year Round Texas Water Park

I apologize if this has been discussed. I came across this new water park online, and thought I would share it here. I did a search feature and came up with nothing related.

https://epicwatersgp.com/

NOW OPEN!!

Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark is an indoor waterpark in Grand Prairie, TX, showcasing 80,000 sq. ft. of year-round water fun!

Just walking distance from The Epic, Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark is an incredible 80,000 square foot indoor/outdoor, open year-round waterpark with a beautiful curved, retractable roof. Referred to as a “cruise ship on land,’ there will be something for every member of your family. Eleven waterslides are featured on the waterpark’s slide tower, and three of these slides are ‘first of their kind’ within the waterpark industry. An outdoor wave pool will be sure to excite, as well as birthday parties, private rentals, and events that will be held year-round.

001-1024x576.jpg

Seems like they have a pretty decent line up of attractions too!

Slides and Attractions:

- LASSOLOOP: The nation’s tallest indoor Aqualoop, this body slide will take anyone for a loop…literally. Dropping with enough speed to be sent up hill, this body slide is so fast that it is over before you are asking to go again!

- YELLOW JACKET DROP: The first indoor combination of the Boomerango and Constrictor, an enclosed slide that inner tubers will serpentine thru to an open drop that will send you high up onto a wall giving the rider a sense of zero gravity!

- AQUANAUT: The first indoor double rider Aquasphere inner tube ride, an inner tube slide that takes its riders to the next level inside high banking domes within the slide!

- TEXASTWIST: Like a twister in the plains, this body slide will wind and go in many directions ending at the base of the tower.

- E-RACERS: Lying down on a mat, head first, ready to race you and 3 others. This enclosed mat racer is one that you don’t want to miss!

- PRAIRIE PLUNGE: The enclosed body slide hides an open 50’ drop into the run out below. Will you take the Plunge?

- FLOWRIDER®: The only attraction that you get better at the more times you ride. Learn to boogie board on a perfect, everlasting wave! (A waiver must be signed in Admissions prior to stand-up on the FlowRider®)

Pools and Lazy River

- EPIC WAVES: This 10,000 square foot outdoor wave pool is perfect for those warm days to relax in the calm surf. Rolling in on the tranquil beach, or to venture out deeper to navigate rolling waves.

- RIO GRAND: The LONGEST indoor lazy river in Texas is unlike any other – At times a surge arrives causing waves and currents to take over the tranquil waters in an exciting river

- THE SWIMMING HOLE: Enjoy the cool water playing with friends and family while sinking a few shots into our water basketball hoops.

-and- Just for the little ones:

Our youngest guests can explore this aquatic fort full of slides, geysers, and sprinklers, while a 300 gallon tipping bucket drenches everyone – Look out below!

IMG_1877-768x512.jpg

Some various photos of the park:

1-Epic-Waters-Indoor-Water-Park-Grand-Prairie-Texas-Parque-Acuatico-En-Dallas-Parque-Para-Disfrutar.jpg

2-Epic-Waters-Indoor-Water-Park-Grand-Prairie-Texas-Parque-Acuatico-En-Dallas-Parque-Para-Disfrutar.jpg

ShowImage?id=17801&t=636286278322770000

1507074028-NB_03Epicwaterpark8.jpg?w=724&h=500&auto=format&q=60&fit=clip

1507074020-NB_03Epicwaterpark7.jpg?w=724&h=500&auto=format&q=60&fit=clip

1507074022-NB_03Epicwaterpark3.jpg?w=724&h=500&auto=format&q=60&fit=clip

IMG_4739.jpg

Prices seem really reasonable!! Day tickets are $29 for "adults" or individuals over 48" and $24 for "children" or indivudlas under 48". You can also purchase season passes for $239 per pass or a family pack for $199.75 per pass. Grand Prairie Residents get discounts.

Source.

----------------------------------------------------

Looks like an AMAZING park, and I can't wait to try it out! We will be in Dallas this March so we will be stopping by for a visit!! Hopefully I will be able to bring you all a photo TR as well!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is in my City. Eric waters and "The Epic" was totally funded by tax dollars (bond funds) and run by Parks and Rec. It is managed by Folks that have worked for some for the the nations largest park chains. it is only 4 miles from SF Hurricane Harbor and a few miles to NRH20 but should do well due to having an indoor area. The building it shares will have a state of the Art workout facilities, concert halls, conference rooms and more. A nice addition to our City.

It isn't run by the city's parks and rec department. It's being operated by a resort management company.

"Cruise ship on land" is how they describe it on their website and that's pretty accurate. The thing is massive and looms over the area it's in. Daily admission is pretty comparable to the other local city owned water parks. They're offering a lot of seasonal options on passes and, while the year long pass looks expensive at first glance, it's a good deal when you consider that it gives you 12 months of use. The operating hours they've posted through the end of March are interesting: a lot of 10a-9p/10p days. That seems like long hours for the winter and during the school year when I would imagine they have a hard time covering all of the labor it takes to operate a park that large. I can't wait to go. We've been talking about going sometime before the crowds start to pick up.