TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Frontier City joins the trend, adds Frontier Christmas event

I missed this announcement from late last year but Frontier City has joined the ranks of adding a Christmas event.

I think the biggest challenge to trend extending to even more parks is staffing. If the park is in a well populated area, the weather is mild enough and staffing is available it seems like a win-win for everybody.

837415290_FCHoliday.JPG.fdd764550bb441508e1aeb97f9054af4.JPG

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see how this turns out as they struggle greatly with staffing even during the summer.Though, I believe they're going in the direction of what Winterfest is at the cedar fair parks as in they will only operate select rides and attractions. Though i think they will do great with decorating as the little advertisement on park looked fantastic and ive heard some park officials are taking visits to Silver Dollar City for inspiration. I really hope this does well for the park!

It's going to be a big hit for them. There are a few nice Christmas events around, but not as many as other metros. There's definitely a need and a large market for this. I think they will make some serious dough off of this, and hopefully that leads to some bigger attractions down the road.

At some point they may as well rebrand the park as Silver Dollar City Oklahoma though, lol.

I frequent Frontier City and live in the OKC metro area. I'm excited for the event there is numerous Christmas events in the city all of them during the weekends. Like Downtown in December, North Pole Adventure in Midwest City, Chickasha Festival of lights, Bass Pro Shops and Yukon lights. ALL of them are extremely busy it doesn't matter how low the temperature dips in those December evenings. They provide decent enough crowds during the evening and weekends. I'm excited the park will be open in December. I have a very strong feeling they are going to be surprised at how popular the event will be for them. Plus if they market it just right and work with The Sanctuary the premier Haunted attraction that also holds their Very popular Christmas event "Santa's Slay House" . The Sanctuary is just down the street by a few blocks. If the event is done right I bet they will make as much as money as they do with Fright Fest and in return they can start adding some major rides to that park. Right now I know I'm excited for "A Frontier Christmas" .