TPR 2018 Tours - Limited Spots Open - Apply Now!

Accepting Applications for Japan & USA 2018 Trips
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: TPR 2018 Tours - Limited Spots Open - Apply Now!

Postby chriskq » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:38 pm

Apologies if this is a silly question - but where can we see the total trip cost so we can know if we can afford.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:42 pm

chriskq wrote:Apologies if this is a silly question - but where can we see the total trip cost so we can know if we can afford.

robbalvey wrote:PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST
Our tours are in the $2800 - $4000 range.
Tour information - Final prices and itineraries will be available when you request the application.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:45 am.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby chriskq » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Understood and apologies i did see the price estimate but wanted to double check which relates to which tour. Bit of chicken or the egg scenario as i wouldn't submit an application if i knew we couldn't afford the price.

Cheers.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 pm

chriskq wrote:Bit of chicken or the egg scenario as i wouldn't submit an application if i knew we couldn't afford the price.

You know what they say... if you have to ask what the price is...

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JJLehto » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:45 am

Can't sadly, have the time but not the money, and though I will probably have the money in a few months wont have the time...the classic dilemma. Though it would be one helluva great experience! Maybe next year.
I know in the past you opened up a couple of the parks to others for a single day thing (I went on the Knoebels day of the East tour a few years ago) any idea if such a thing would happen again?

Unrelated, any word on possible WCB again? :)

Good luck and I hope indeed people don't blow the chance. After so many years of griping "TPR doesnt do public tours anymore!" now's a chance, so they better not ruin for themselves again :lmao:
Top 10: Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Maverick
2018 Parks: Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:18 am

Ape wrote:I would love to do the tour in Japan. That is a dream trip for the wife and I. Unfortunately we aren't in a place with how young our kids are to do that right now. I hope everyone has an awesome time and that no entitled assholes slip through the cracks and ruin future trips.

Ape has said pretty much everything I could say about this. My wife, kids and I would love to join, ESPECIALLY the Japan trip as none of us have ever been but have been dreaming about it for years... but right now isn't the best time either financially or with our youngest. I hope both of these trips go well for you, Robb, and that nothing happens to discourage you from doing it again in the future.
That coaster dad [308] and that coaster kiddo [159]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wicked Cyclone. The Wild One. Goliath (SFGAm).

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:43 am

JJLehto wrote:I know in the past you opened up a couple of the parks to others for a single day thing (I went on the Knoebels day of the East tour a few years ago) any idea if such a thing would happen again?

robbalvey wrote:PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST
3. We are unable to "part out" any days of the trip or have you "meet-up" if you only want to join for a day or two. This creates a crazy amount of work and hassle for us and it's just not something we will do anymore. Sorry, this is the entire tour or nothing.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:54 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:27 am

I am very happy to see that you guys are opening up a few spots on your tours. I really hope no one f**ks it up. I've always been interested in joining one of these, but I still do not have the income to join this year. Hoping next year or the year after I will, and if you are still opening up spaces on a tour, I would definitely be interested!

Hope you find respectful, responsible people to join this year's tours, and I look forward to seeing the pictures! =)
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ashley Hancock » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:51 am

I would love to be able to do a huge tour with TPR, but my work schedule doesn’t allow me to be able to take off that much time. However it would be cool to meet up with y’all at Carowinds during your trip, my son and I had a blast with y’all at Kings Island during Banshee Bash...

Keep up the great work TPR!!

Ashley Hancock
aka SwampFox

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby tinaalsgirl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:43 pm

If I had money, I'd be applying in a heartbeat. Maybe someday!

Joy

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!