Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Halloween- Lagoon, Lake Compounce, SFNE
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkey eat mullet pump.

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby CoasterAuditor » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:41 am

Awesome report Michael I enjoy your excellent reports while feeling immense jealousy that I am not able to travel like you do to these parks! :lol:
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks! A lot of the mechanical engineers I went to school with had aspirations of fancy cars. I just wanted to travel.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:51 am

Awesome update! I love Seaworld and can't wait to get back! Mako is the real deal.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:04 am

I had a chance to visit SeaWorld, but it only would have been for a few hours and I passed because I was thinking exactly what you wrote up. I want to go when I have a whole day so I'm able to do things like the Penguin Encounter. I want to pet a penguin!!! That is amazing, thanks for the report.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:06 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Thanks! A lot of the mechanical engineers I went to school with had aspirations of fancy cars. I just wanted to travel.

Aw man I actually thought about engineering back in the day props to your toughing it out through school. I ultimately ended up somewhere without Engineering so it became not an option and now I'm a CPA instead.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:14 am

Michael, your trip reports are a constant highlight of the forum. Between the heavy praise from you and Bill, it's making me eager to get down to SWO sooner than later. I may have to ditch the family and catch one of those $20 Frontier flights out of Long Island one of these days, provided my wife doesn't stab me in the stomach when I get home.
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:57 am

boldikus wrote:Awesome update! I love Seaworld and can't wait to get back! Mako is the real deal.

Thanks! I really hope Hershey's hyper in 2020 is like Mako or Shambhala.

PKI Jizzman wrote:I had a chance to visit SeaWorld, but it only would have been for a few hours and I passed because I was thinking exactly what you wrote up. I want to go when I have a whole day so I'm able to do things like the Penguin Encounter. I want to pet a penguin!!! That is amazing, thanks for the report.

Thanks! Some SeaWorld is better than no SeaWorld, but if possible the full day is definitely the way to go. The animal experiences and ride collection really make it special.

CoasterAuditor wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Thanks! A lot of the mechanical engineers I went to school with had aspirations of fancy cars. I just wanted to travel.

Aw man I actually thought about engineering back in the day props to your toughing it out through school. I ultimately ended up somewhere without Engineering so it became not an option and now I'm a CPA instead.

The consecutive all-nighters and multiple jobs were worth it in the end, though I had to keep reminding myself at the time.

coneyislandchris wrote:Michael, your trip reports are a constant highlight of the forum. Between the heavy praise from you and Bill, it's making me eager to get down to SWO sooner than later. I may have to ditch the family and catch one of those $20 Frontier flights out of Long Island one of these days, provided my wife doesn't stab me in the stomach when I get home.

Thanks! The clear solution is to bring your wife with you.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:01 am

That penguin encounter looks so fun! And I applaud Sea World's insistence that literally anything can be wrapped in a pretzel.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:15 pm

It definitely is worth it! And yes it's always a surprise to see what they have wrapped in a pretzel. My favorite still is and will forever be the bacon. Thankfully Busch Gardens always has that one available.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:09 am

Great report! I've never been a fan of the food at SeaWorld, but they have been improving over the years. The pretzel turkey leg looks interesting. (Maybe I should skip the restaurants and stick to the food stands.)

Kraken can get a bit "rattly" unless the train is full, but I've never found it "rough." I think it's one of the best coasters in Florida and prefer it to Tampa's Kumba.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!