Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Six Flags Over Georgia- I prefer my cyclones twisted
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby bert425 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:32 pm

coasterbill wrote:Great report!

I’m glad you finally saw the light with he pirogies. :lol:

As for steering the boats, yeah...

:nina: :nina: :nina: :nina:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:50 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Awesome photos of Knoebels! That place is truly wonderful.

Thanks! I don't know anyone who hasn't walked away from Knoebels thinking it's a gem.

JordyC wrote:Another excellent report! With every report I read from Knoebels, it gets higher and higher on my bucket list. It truly is a very unique park. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! It definitely doesn't have the number of coasters of the US's other major thrill parks, but it's absolutely one of the best parks and unlike anything else you'll find over here.

bert425 wrote:not only is that an amazing TR from Knoebels. . it's really funny, since i started last night writing up my TPR Trip Report for Knoebels (I'll likely finish that up and post on Monday), and we commented on a lot of the exact same things!

in particular, is i typed about how tight the restraints were on 1001 Nachts (and even mentioned how rare it was that it was operating, so that's why we hopped on it).

LOL

great report, and just know ahead of time, i'm not copying you :)

Thanks! Good thing I got it out today so I don't get accused of plagiarizing. :lol: I look forward to reading your report when it comes out.

Rai Fox wrote:Great report! Like Bert, we focused on a lot of the same things, haha.

As far as the motorboats, they are really hard to control, but there's a trick to them. You have to sort of look under the "dashboard" and realize how the steering is constructed to "get" it. There's just a rope, wrapped around the boat in a big almost-complete circle, that connects to both sides of the rudder, and it's just stretched across a pulley on the steering shaft. Nothing is actually connected together. Turning the wheel just sort of slides the rope a bit, but it's slippery and very often a little too loose, so it kind of slips back towards the center on its own very quickly. It's a weird, very cobbled-together setup, and not intuitive to steer, but once you figure that out, and that you have to kind of keep turning it, at different speeds for different rudder angles, it's mostly controllable. Not great, but you can stay off the walls, anyway.

Thanks! We sort of realized constantly turning the wheel and perpetually correcting our course was the only option for us. We weren't sure if it was just us or our boat, so I'm glad others have struggled just as much.

Thanks! That's exactly how our ride went! :lol: I'd really love to see how someone really familiar with boating would do.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Used the term *girlfriend* 16 times...photos of girlfriend - 0! ;)

Just making sure she's not actually a ride at Knoebels as we know that's possible!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:10 pm

Wow - it looks like Knoebels is The TPR Park of the Year, to me, with so many TRs including it, or of it recently!

It's still on my Bucket List. From long ago. Before social media, I knew it was a park to get to, in the future.

Thanks for your TR on it. EDIT: The perogies! How could I forget The Perogies???? <drool>
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:05 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:32 pm

SharkTums wrote:Used the term *girlfriend* 16 times...photos of girlfriend - 0! ;)

Just making sure she's not actually a ride at Knoebels as we know that's possible!

Haha I don't blame you for being skeptical, especially with some of the creepy enthusiasts out there. :lol:

IMG_20180811_221933.jpg
I'm impressed I was able to get a night photo with both our faces and text visible.

Nrthwnd wrote:Wow - it looks like Knoebels is The TPR Park of the Year, to me, with so many TRs including it, or of it recently!

It's still on my Bucket List. From long ago. Before social media, I knew it was a park to get to, in the future.

Thanks for your TR on it.

Thanks! As I wrote this, I realized there had been a ton of Knoebels TRs lately but you can never have too many of those.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: This thread has taken a hilarious turn.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Great tag line!

"You Can Never Have ~ Too Much ~ Of Knoebels" :kiss:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:06 pm

coasterbill wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: This thread has taken a hilarious turn.

That's TPR for you. :lol:

Nrthwnd wrote:Great tag line!

"You Can Never Have ~ Too Much ~ Of Knoebels" :kiss:

:nina:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:26 am

:lmao: Too great.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:32 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
SharkTums wrote:Used the term *girlfriend* 16 times...photos of girlfriend - 0! ;)

Haha I don't blame you for being skeptical, especially with some of the creepy enthusiasts out there. :lol:

IMG_20180811_221933.jpg

See! That was easy wasn't it! :b
Last edited by SharkTums on Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:32 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!