Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Legoland Japan- Bricks, bricks, bricks & some coasters too
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2018 US Adventures

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Love the report! =) And I totally agree with you about Wild Arctic! I found the simulator ride to be very enjoyable, plus intense!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 pm

boldikus wrote:As usual, excellent reporting, Mike. I especially enjoyed your Seaworld photos - very good.

Also, I agree 100% on the Cheetah Hunt>Kumba thing. Kumba is absolutely fantastic, but Cheetah Hunt just hits all the right spots. As I talked about in my report last year, the only issue I have with CH is those hard restraints, but since its not a buckwild-toss-you-around ride, I can deal with it. But yeah I'd ride it over anything else @ BGT, Kumba and Montu included (sorry not sorry).

Also shout out for the Mako row 1 love. I stumbled upon that row by chance, but everyone needs to ride it up there. The back is good, but riding in the front (right side) makes the ride great.

Thanks! With Cheetah Hunt's layout, particularly on the back end, I really wish it had the open lapbar only trains like Taron. Still the ride is great as is. I think it's really a testament to how great Busch Tampa's coaster collection is that people can easily have a debate among 3-4 coasters which is the best in the park.

I agree the ride side is the best on Mako. That twisting drop before the MCBR has a really freaky headchopper with the support.

Philrad71 wrote:Lovin' the reports, Michael!

I definitely have to get back to SW to ride Mako and the new raft ride as well as try the Dine With Shamu as that looks like a great perk - even if it is Budweiser. ;)

Loved the 2nd to last photo of Kraken where the front row riders (except maybe the one on the far left) all look to be seniors in their 60's or 70's & they look like they're having the times of their lives (except maybe the one on the far left). That's always awesome to see!

Thanks! I don't always carry my digital camera because of how far cell phone cameras have advanced, but my digital camera really shines at capturing rider reactions. While I definitely do like to see people having a blast, I have to admit I like seeing a terrified rider every once and a while. Is that bad? :lol:

steamedturtle wrote:Fantastic report! Would read again. I give it a 9.7 out of 10 due to that overexposed photo. :lmao: I thought your comment about Tatsu being "awesome and unsettling" to be on the nose, and I agree with your rating and ranking of Manta. I'm also glad to hear Kraken is still glassy smooth! It's been a good 8 years since I've been there. I need to go back. Mako sounds like a good excuse to go see the grandparents!

Thanks! SeaWorld Orlando really has one of the best B&M collections out there. Florida in general is an awesome state for B&Ms since you also have the three great ones at Busch Gardens Tampa and the Incredible Hulk Coaster which I think can hold its own with all of them.

ThemeParkJunkie51290 wrote:Love the report! =) And I totally agree with you about Wild Arctic! I found the simulator ride to be very enjoyable, plus intense!

Thanks! Yeah the intensity really surprised me the first time I rode it. I was expecting another Universal or Disney simulator that went through the motions. Not something that genuinely made me have to hold on at points.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- Parque Espana & Legoland Japan

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Great report. Really makes me miss enjoying (and working at) SeaWorld. It's a shame they neutered Journey to Atlantis. I wish I had the training manual from it's debut, the story was pretty elaborate... (I mean that seriously). I haven't seen the "new" version yet, I'm assuming it's on YouTube somewhere.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:20 pm

^ Thanks! I never rode the old Journey to Atlantis, but from what I've gathered it used to have a story, but it was hard to follow. At least there was more theming about. I think the worst part is that some of the old theming, like the siren before lift one, appears to still be there and just deactivated.
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Love the report! I absolutely love SeaWorld, I highly recommend doing some of the animal encounters if you get a chance next time. We did a penguin encounter and the behind the scenes tours and it was amazing. I'm trying to get back down there soon and definitely plan on doing some more of the encounters.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Basically for the new version of Journey to Atlantis the ride's features and gags are all completely static. No video or Seahorse, no mermaids, scary Medusa doesn't move, no Beetlejuice music. They turned off every single effect and replaced the soundtrack and audio with the music from the defunct Allure Show which I assume also saves on licensing.

As heinous as that is it kind of works, since most of the effects looked super-outdated and functioned only half the time. It's still better than a completely unthemed Splash boat. Hopefully one day the ride, as well as Antarctica and Wild Arctic can get some ++ upgrades, if the park's financials recover.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:39 am

Satans Hockey wrote:Love the report! I absolutely love SeaWorld, I highly recommend doing some of the animal encounters if you get a chance next time. We did a penguin encounter and the behind the scenes tours and it was amazing. I'm trying to get back down there soon and definitely plan on doing some more of the encounters.

Thanks! One of my bucket list items is swimming with the dolphins, so I have my eye on that one in the future.

BlahBlahson wrote:Basically for the new version of Journey to Atlantis the ride's features and gags are all completely static. No video or Seahorse, no mermaids, scary Medusa doesn't move, no Beetlejuice music. They turned off every single effect and replaced the soundtrack and audio with the music from the defunct Allure Show which I assume also saves on licensing.

As heinous as that is it kind of works, since most of the effects looked super-outdated and functioned only half the time. It's still better than a completely unthemed Splash boat. Hopefully one day the ride, as well as Antarctica and Wild Arctic can get some ++ upgrades, if the park's financials recover.

I actually like the Allure soundtrack, but I think I'd take dynamic effects over it.

Wasn't it rumored the ride was going to get a Kraken tie-in to match its neighbor?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:43 am

Hopefully one day the ride, as well as Antarctica and Wild Arctic can get some ++ upgrades, if the park's financials recover.

I was always hoping they would do a Christmas retheme for Antarctica. (They are capable of doing any color with all the lights throughout the ride; they run color tests every morning). Throw some Christmas hats on the penguins, have you riding Santa's sleigh for the chase scene, use red/green lights etc. Add some flare to the ride for the holiday season. They used to do (still do?) Polar Express for Christmas at Wild Arctic, and Wonderland turns wonder mountain into a zombie theme for Haunt, so it's not completely unheard of (granted I know they are all different companies and designers). The movement would be more difficult because you'd have to make 4 separate ride programs (technically 8 due to wild/mild), but even throwing in touches to the existing ride and motion would be neat.

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanks! I don't always carry my digital camera because of how far cell phone cameras have advanced, but my digital camera really shines at capturing rider reactions. While I definitely do like to see people having a blast, I have to admit I like seeing a terrified rider every once and a while. Is that bad?

Definitely not...I enjoy that as well. :lol:

When I first started getting Michael into coasters, he would clench his eyes shut and mutter stuff like: "Oh fu%k, oh fu%k...why did I do this, why did I do this...why did I let you talk me into this...this thing just keeps going up....ahhhhhhhh!!!!!"

And of course, I would be dying and saying things like, "well, we're about half way up the lift now...hey, open your eyes, I think I see Canada from here (while at CP, of course)!

Yes, I am an evil little sh%t! :lmao:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:22 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:
Hopefully one day the ride, as well as Antarctica and Wild Arctic can get some ++ upgrades, if the park's financials recover.

I was always hoping they would do a Christmas retheme for Antarctica. (They are capable of doing any color with all the lights throughout the ride; they run color tests every morning). Throw some Christmas hats on the penguins, have you riding Santa's sleigh for the chase scene, use red/green lights etc. Add some flare to the ride for the holiday season. They used to do (still do?) Polar Express for Christmas at Wild Arctic, and Wonderland turns wonder mountain into a zombie theme for Haunt, so it's not completely unheard of (granted I know they are all different companies and designers). The movement would be more difficult because you'd have to make 4 separate ride programs (technically 8 due to wild/mild), but even throwing in touches to the existing ride and motion would be neat.

That would be a very neat overlay if they were able to pull it off. As long as the reveal to the penguin exhibit is still as impressive. That's easily the highlight of the ride. After seeing barely anything, turning around to see one of the best animal exhibits in the world is quite the sight.

Philrad71 wrote:
Thanks! I don't always carry my digital camera because of how far cell phone cameras have advanced, but my digital camera really shines at capturing rider reactions. While I definitely do like to see people having a blast, I have to admit I like seeing a terrified rider every once and a while. Is that bad?

Definitely not...I enjoy that as well. :lol:

When I first started getting Michael into coasters, he would clench his eyes shut and mutter stuff like: "Oh fu%k, oh fu%k...why did I do this, why did I do this...why did I let you talk me into this...this thing just keeps going up....ahhhhhhhh!!!!!"

And of course, I would be dying and saying things like, "well, we're about half way up the lift now...hey, open your eyes, I think I see Canada from here (while at CP, of course)!

Yes, I am an evil little sh%t! :lmao:

My dad shares the same sense of humor. Rock "n" Roller Coaster was my first inverting or launched coaster and I think I was 7 at the time. Going in, I knew it went upside down, but I didn't realize it launched you. We got row 1, so needless to say I was stunned when the launch occurred. My eyes were closed and my mouth was open wider than Joey Chestnut at a hot dog eating contest.

My dad didn't buy the on-ride photo. No that'd be too civil. He of course bought the full-size poster and hung it up in his office :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!