TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Coaster Poll" Thread!

Hey everyone,

We're really looking for feedback / ranking lists from our readers that are local to or have been on tours (with TPR or otherwise) to parks in Asian / Middle Eastern countries such as China, South Korea, and the UAE. We know that there are a lot of great coasters popping up, and we want to get a great sample of people who have been on any of those coasters!

I'll try and rank my Asian rides sometime next week when my projects are all finished with.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side note: since your latest fixes my ranking list is now error 500. Ridden list is fine.

I came on here to say the same thing. I left it alone for a few days to see if it would resolve itself, but as of this morning I still get error 500 on my ranking page.

A few inconsistencies I noticed (not that they'll have any impact on anyone's list):

Avatar Airbender at Nickelodeon Universe is on the list, but not Half Pipe at Elitch Gardens

Diamond Back at Frontier City and Revolution at Blackpool are on the list, but not Sidewinder at Elitch Gardens

The site looks phenomenal and it's been awesome watching it grow. Fantastic work guys!

The following coasters have been added to the poll and should appear on the massive list shortly:

Battle of Blue Fire - Quancheng Euro Park

Flash - Lewa Adventure

Half Pipe - Chimelong Paradise

Half Pipe - Elitch Gardens

Half Pipe - Särkänniemi Amusement Park

RC Racer - Hong Kong Disneyland

RC Racer - Disneyland Paris Walt Disney Studios Park

Sidewinder - Elitch Gardens

Stunning Roller Coaster - Shengming Universal City (unique inverting Golden Horse spinning coaster)

Surfrider - Atallah Happy Land Park

Surfrider - Wet'n'Wild Water World

Anyone who has been on Flash at Lewa especially, please update your rankings.

I know the first time I brought up the omission of the Arrow mice, it was overshadowed by my questionable choice of Verbolten as my absolute worst.

(And you were right to question me, I've moved it up and ranked it more objectively, but I still say it's my personal least favorite.)

But back to the presence of Mack, etc. mice but not Arrow mice, I'd be happy either way, adding the Arrow mice or removing the other mice.

Also, will KD's renamed-for-2018 coasters be updated in the poll?

But back to the presence of Mack, etc. mice but not Arrow mice, I'd be happy either way, adding the Arrow mice or removing the other mice.

This was completely my mistake, apologies. The following coasters have been added to the poll and will appear on the massive list shortly:

Mad Mouse - Michigan's Adventure

Mad Mouse - Valleyfair

Psycho Mouse - California's Great America

They will not be updated until after results have been tabulated for the 2017 poll. New / changed coasters will be added in batches every few months.

This was completely my mistake, apologies. The following coasters have been added to the poll and will appear on the massive list shortly:

Mad Mouse - Michigan's Adventure

Mad Mouse - Valleyfair

Psycho Mouse - California's Great America

They will not be updated until after results have been tabulated for the 2017 poll. New / changed coasters will be added in batches every few months.

Thanks!

Forgot to add - once it comes time for the 2018 poll, will the old names be listed in parentheses (like how Carowinds Flying Cobras is handled?)

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

Now that we have the forum moved over to the new server and that project is out of the way, we can focus on finishing up the beta test for the TPR Coaster Poll! Here is where thing are at...

- We need EVERYONE to go to https://coasterpoll.com/ and finalize your ballot!

- You will see a "Save" or "Done Ranking" button (depending on which ordering format you choose) for when you are done finalizing your ballot.

- Deadline for submitting your final ballot will be March 31st.

- While this is a "beta test" of the Coaster Poll we WILL have real results! And those results will be based on this beta test!

So please, if everyone could go ASAP and finish their ballot we would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

Edited by robbalvey

- While this is a "beta test" of the Coaster Poll we WILL have real results! And those results will be based on this beta test!

I'm totally stoked to see the results!

done. . sorry it took me a couple of days.

tried to avoid ties, but apologies if I missed some !

(tho I know for sure, my bottom 5 are correct. . LOL.. tho the order is likely interchangeable a bit. . hate them all )

How can I link to my list for people to look at to make sure I didn't mess up a ranking somewhere? I'd like to have a few eyes look it over before I officially submit.

I’m working on a better way, but until then you can go to your profile (click on your name in the upper right), clicking “view entire ranking”, and then there’s a share link you can copy/paste.

With something like Galactica at Alton Towers, should I check it for riding it as AIR before the VR? I'm working under the assumption that the VR isn't part of the ranking but just want to check. My sample size is mostly Korea/Japan but figured it'd fill in a form anyway.

Just realized i lost ranking one of my favorite coasters since I haven't been on Do-Dodonpa since the conversion.

With something like Galactica at Alton Towers, should I check it for riding it as AIR before the VR? I'm working under the assumption that the VR isn't part of the ranking but just want to check. My sample size is mostly Korea/Japan but figured it'd fill in a form anyway.

We are counting VR-optional coasters as their originals (no VR). That includes Air / Galactica, Kraken, New Revolution, Space Fantasy, etc.