TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR for TPR by PGR

^ Hehe...I just saw that on the news and have to admit that I would have one or four if I were going. Teal is one of my favorite colors!

Of note, a friend from work came over this morning and told me that he and his wife just bought tix to the game on TicketMaster last night and were leaving after work to drive to the game.

I guess that there have been over 20k tickets sold to this game with folks from NY? If so, there should be a great showing of Bills fans there!

Let's both hope for a good and fair game!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story I read was that 20% of the re-sale tickets were sold to Western NY zip codes not necessarily 20% percent of the stadium. I know down here the tickets made available after season ticket holders had their pick sold out in like 2 minutes. Then they opened up an additional 3200 or so tickets (upper deck section usually under a tarp haha yeahI know) plus an additional 5000+ standing room only tickets which also sold out in a few minutes. Either way it should be a packed house and exciting atmosphere, I'm just hoping for an exciting game to go with it! (and by exciting I mean Jags by 20 )

^ I think that the standing room tix were what my co-worker and his wife bought. He said that they were going for $180 apiece which sounds about right once TicketMaster adds their price gouge to it.

I already realize that if the Bills ever get a playoff game at home or go to another Super Bowl that I will never be able to see it live unless I win the lottery. It's all good though as I would rather watch it home and avoid the madness!

Have a good time tomorrow - may the best team win!

Hey folks!

While everyone is testing out the new coaster poll site, I thought that I would sneak in another update for your viewing enjoyment...

DSC06034.JPG.daafd0d09ac8b68c9e0690e70525ab42.JPG

People really dig this thing.

DSC06035.JPG.0e3492d5f39ded699a418539dc9c8a2b.JPG

And for damned good reason!

Even though Kumba ranks third behind Montu and Cheetah Hunt as my favorites at BGT, that's really saying that a park has a really kick-ass coaster line-up when a dive coaster ranks 4th in a park!

I got to ride in the magic seat without a wait and it was as OMFG amazing as everyone says it is. Love how the B&M roar on this thing is almost deafening in the back of the park.

DSC06036.JPG.61caa98eb7c7ecbfb14c8983d40d79aa.JPG

Here are a few for the "Coasters at sunset" thread

20171210_180045_resized.jpg.0abb80353ddfe1969afc0c19819028b9.jpg

And speaking of #4...

DSC06039.JPG.79c20922549477e4fd43ea49e9c64226.JPG

While Michael went in to catch a show, I marathoned Sheikra about 8 times in a row. All we had to do was exit and wait if there was a seat open and hop right back on.

DSC06041.JPG.77c5dcfd0eb27c671c573b01040d20ea.JPG

It was surreal power riding Sheikra in 40 degree temps...what an effin' blast.

Even though Sheikra ranks 3rd in the US dive coasters, it was the first DC that I ever rode and I love the hell out of it.

I hope more parks in the US start building these with higher heights, more loops and perhaps even a few airtime hills!

DSC06037.JPG.6042aedd21ffc92b3eaf7173872b1869.JPG

The sun & temps are going down faster than our (moronic) presidents approval rating...so with that, I will pause for station identification.

More to come soon...and as always...thanks for reading!

Thanks Mark!

I see that it was only supposed to be 67 in Tampa today...but compared to the 40's that we had when we were there, I would gladly take 67!

And I agree about BGT. There is just something special about it that makes it my 2nd favorite park (only to CP). I guess it's because I am an animal lover and like to view and learn everything that I can about every species. Combining a zoo with great theming and rides just puts it above most parks for me.

It was too bad that it was so cold the day of our visit that most of the animals were hibernating in the warmth. We also didn't arrive until after 1, so the day was relatively shortened for us.

Hey everyone!

It's about time that I put the cherry on top on this trip report! Hopefully it won't be too long before we get to go experience another park so I can do another report for you guys.

Might not be until SteVen opens at CP (that sounds a smidge risque), but we'll see.

DSC06038.JPG.5eb90753dd798fa536d8f583973844b2.JPG

Now where were we? Oh yeah...Stanleyville.

Anyone else think of Mr. Roper when you hear Stanleyville? No? Not old enough?

Well how about Justin Timberlake singing, 'Take it on down to Stanleyviiiiiille!"

And damn it, Bill...I STILL didn't get to ride Stanley Falls! I was tempted to, but at 40 degrees I simply wasn't intoxicated enough to do it.

I know, I know...lame excuse, but apparently no one else was drunk enough to ride it either. ;-)

DSC06042.JPG.b9e995c0c1de8f2b6ad6607bc5c6d8a9.JPG

I admit that I really am a p&ssy, so I'll do the next best thing to riding the ever-elusive Stanley Falls - take a macho photo of the empty queue and drink some more beer.

I'm from Western NY, so I know all about drinking ice cold beer in 40 degree temperatures - we call it "a good day to be out on the golf course."

DSC06043.JPG.12def3d1eb1ed823af26868a50cb11e5.JPG

Let there be...lanterns?

DSC06040.JPG.ce876d6e9079464f3a10379b239abe06.JPG

BGT going all Dollywood/SDC on the trees.

This is where Michael went in to watch a show featuring peppy Jesus music while I split to go power-ride Sheikra in the frozen tundra that was Stanleyville. I had to have my nose amputated from frostbite, but it was soooo worth it.

I remember actually pulling my winter hat way down over my face (like that dude from Fat Albert) for one of the photo shots. Should have bought it and posted it here, but couldn't be bothered. Because ya know...power riding. I sure as hell wasn't going through the gift shop when I could stand at the ride exit like a giddy school girl and hope that no one would come up the exit ramp so I could jump back on. I made some deep (and not creepy) friendships with other 9-15 year old coaster enthusiasts that were doing the same thing. I felt like I was the King of Cool that night - in more ways than one.

I recall Michael saying that he didn't care if they were sacrificing lambs when heading into that Jesus show. If they had heat, damn it...he was going in. LOL

He told me later that Jesus be all like..."Worship me down in Stanleyviiiille" at the end of the show.

I was mildly distressed that I missed all of that zany, Christian fun. But power riding Sheikra with a bunch of screaming kids in arctic-like conditions?

Pffft...no contest.

DSC06044.JPG.bb2893b91f27543238e6845f111967d4.JPG

Busch might be dark and not always smell like a bed of roses, but Busch in the deep South is pretty freakin' sweet.

DSC06047.JPG.8e474473e1e2b4f0dc38a97e068fad4b.JPG

Maybe we really ARE at Dollywood?

Speaking of smell, I think that I just caught a whiff of copyright infringement.

DSC06055.JPG.e21e03cd0b1212609b4fbac54b240276.JPG

Lipstick on a pig.

DSC06051.JPG.ffdc334ac122aea2221974c49ebaf43e.JPG

No, I didn't take a photo of some woman and her daughter because I'm one of those freaky sexual predators that's on the news every night.

I did it because I was getting impatient to take a photo of the poinsettia tree with just the snow princess. Because at this point, I'm pretty sure that my man-bits were frozen to the side of my leg and we just wanted to take a pic and move on!

I think that the security woman may have been thinking similarly. She was just standing there looking like, "This sucks, this sucks...go away children...go the EFF away so I can go home and slip into my nightgown and a bottle of Merlot!"

DSC06054.JPG.1fa26a707fcfbfbb9da5f376dcc1a94d.JPG

Candy Cane Lane.

Surprised that no one was trying to lick the trees - cuz, ya know...'Murica.

DSC06052.JPG.d6a6235741e4526125df7cdedd7331b2.JPG

Here we have God flying over Jesus, Mary, Joseph, donkey's (yay donkey's!) and I think a hybrid goose-wolf (there on the right) while they enjoy a tasty sip of water from what looks to be a pre-fabricated wooden frozen pond.

Or maybe it's the floor of a roller rink and they're all being hesitant about who goes first because they don't want to be embarrassed should they fall?

The River Styx?

F?ck, IDK.

Anyway - who says that religion is made up? This hear is real, people...for the Goose-wolf told me so!

Or is that the Big Bang Theory star hanging out above them mocking them while saying that Science is the real creator of man?

Or is it the Star of David Lee Roth? Gaahhhhh....I'm soooo confused now!!!!

Can't we just stick to pretty lights and Rudolph? At least we know that shit's real.

Pssst...spoiler alert: The sheep isn't here because he didn't make it out of that show in Stanleyville. Shhh...don't tell anyone - it'll be our (and maybe, just maybe, the guy upstairs?) little secret! ;-)

DSC06053.JPG.9a1645375255d6c8596ffb065e4ca047.JPG

This is where all the people were! At this point, I didn't give a shit...I just wanted some hot chocolate with vodka!

After a 1/2 hour wait, I was about ready to tell them to nix the hot chocolate and just give me a plain ole' cup of vodka, but I will say that it was quite tasty and actually worth the wait. Yay for feeling extremities again!

Was going to go meet Rudolph, Yukon Cornelius and of course, I wanted to meet Bumble. But when I heard that it was an hour wait to do so, I/we said 'Eff that' and went and bought Bumble jammies for ourselves in the (WARM) gift shop.

Hell, it was so warm in there that we just kept looping the store dozens of time and ending up blowing over $100 on Rudolph shit so we wouldn't have to go back out in the cold. Michael only took out a couple of kids and knocked over a shelf of over-priced misfit toys whilst doing multiple laps with his scooter.

It's that damned vodka and hot chocolate people, I tell ya - it'll get ya every time!

20180119_154500_resized_1.thumb.jpg.94bf09d0eff61d132e9e233968ee9953.jpg

You thought I was kidding, didn't you? HA!

DSC06057.JPG.57989611953dabc6d7fe8cdc1b335b20.JPG

This would be as close as we got to Rudolph...stupid kids hogging him all to themselves. Oh well, we got Bumble jammies and they didn't so na na na na na nahhhh.

DSC06060.JPG.68aff18043b389ba315ed088bdf04741.JPG

I would love to do my tree up like this out front, but those LED lights aren't cheap and they don't fare too well in sub zero temps and lake effect snow. I finally gave up after repeated attempts every year of hanging lights outside, only to have half the strings burn out as soon as they get a little moisture in them.

F%ck those stupid LED pieces of sh%t and bring back the REAL Christmas lights that screwed in and out so you could replace one if it burned out.

You know...the kind that wouldn't hesitate to burn your stupid ass if you dared to touch one or give you the shock of your life if you were dumb enough to stick your finger in the socket? Or catch the tree on fire and burn your house down if you had too much yuletide cheer and passed out in your Lazy Chair?

Ahhh...I miss the good old days.

DSC06061.JPG.080d8df69c08806ad90acc4f066a8e92.JPG

This was our view in the morning from the Hampton Inn across the street. One horrible ride, a sliver of a not-so-horrible ride, and one horribly elusive ride. Oh well, maybe next time!

I will end this report with this fun little yarn...

When we got checked in to the hotel, I ran over to the McDonalds next door for a rare fast food treat.

The cashier called my order and she says, "That'll be $13.01."

I actually had a f%cking penny (I know, right?) so I gave the gal $20.01.

She says to me, "I didn't bring my math book with me...can you tell me how much I am supposed to give you back?" I said $7, trying my hardest not to laugh because I knew if I did, she would likely get very offended.

She hands me my change, I walk out saying to myself, "Did that just happen?" When I get back to the room and emptied the change out of my pocket that she just gave me....she gave me $9 back.

I kid you not.

Only in 'Murica, people - as I said earlier...this hear is REAL! LMAO!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Philrad71

yeah, the Georgia Aquarium is awesome. . tho I die a bit inside every time I see that "ATT presents: Dolphin coast"

Did you get a chance to eat there? the food court, tho expensive, is pretty good.

and I love the educational shows they put on there (tho the actual dolphin show, and the 4D film sections are just tourist traps, I think).

My favorite part is the giant wall into the whale shark aquarium. (surprised to not see a pic of you/Michael in front of it.. . ?).

glad you had a good time tho, and can't wait to see the rest of the trip!

I said that I was going to attach the pics from the package we bought, but kept forgetting to do it.

While not in front of the giant wall, it has a photo of a whale shark, so close enough right?

20180121_133429_resized.jpg.7dd73ad8673acef7e25057dacc02b823.jpg

Whale shark!!!

20180121_133537_resized_1.jpg.6becc02e76f01d5b6b15c11d18481e18.jpg

Giant penguins!

Thanks for checking out my report everyone!