TR: ZACH AND EMILY'S FIRST TRIP TO KENNYWOOD ***PAGE 5***

Adventures of Zach and Emily Thread "Straight to the 'Point"
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: TR: ZACH AND EMILY'S FIRST TRIP TO KENNYWOOD ***PAGE 5**

Postby grsupercity » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Enjoyed your trip report as usual. Sounds like kennywood was a wasted trip.
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:57 pm

I love Kennywood's rides, but their operations definitely leave a lot to be desired. Every time I've visited that park, they move up the closing time up without much warning so I'm not surprised they'd close after all that rain. Their sister park (Lake Compounce) has been known to do the same thing after rain and will close with as little as a 5 minute warning.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Dude I was dying in my chair at work reading the end of your TR. If I had that rough of a day at a park I'd certainly slowly start to lose my grip on sanity by the end, too.

My ex and I had a pretty fun time at the park when we went five years ago, but even then you could tell that, IMO, the park tends to coast a bit too much on its "historic" laurels. I know a couple other parks do staggered openings, too (BGW comes to mind), but nowhere near as bad as Kennywood does. If they tighten up their operations a bit more it'd be a lot more of an enjoyable experience.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:27 pm

Bummer about Kennywood, but great read as usual. I was *this close* to stopping in yesterday on the way back from a weekend KD/SFA trip, but opted to get a few more hours out of the Cedar Point pass in what was likely the last chance I'd get this season. Looking forward to the Knoebels/Hershey installments.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Postby bert425 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:29 pm

hate to say that it was enjoyable reading thru your frustration. . but I did laugh out loud reading a couple of times.

It sucks when stuff like that happens, but it sounds like you have a sense of humor about it.

and I know you had a great stop at the next park, so started out rough, but got better.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:17 pm

Oh man, that was good. I swear this TR was dropping acid the way it got all loopy by the end. Glad you got to ride what you did at Kennywood, but wish you could have experienced the whole park. It really is great, especially with the VIP wristband.

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Damn.

I'm also not an Exterminator fan, so I wouldn't say you missed anything in not liking it. Kennywood is a park I like, but wish I could love; I echo the complaints of other folks.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:09 pm

And I thought I got screwed by the weather in Charlotte when I went to Carowinds at the beginning of the month. That sucks man.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Postby prozach626 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:33 pm

Thanks for the positive reviews, guys. I'm glad you enjoyed my TR.

Emily and I just didn't quite understand the closure. There were still a ton of people within the park and the weather was absolutely beautiful after 6am, with four more potential hours of operation ahead. I believe the storm lasted a little over an hour, maybe an hour and a half. That said, I'm on the outside looking in. I'm do not have knowledge of the totality of the circumstances. If anyone should not be not make judgement without knowing all of the facts, it should be me. We missed out on Kennywood, clear and simple. After the anger wore off I fell back on the old attitude of, "You can't win em' all." We used to have flawless luck with weather, but over the past couple years we've been screwed pretty often.

Postby jynx242 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:02 am

That....was.....awesome!!!

Sorry your day was a bust, but knowing that where you were headed next would make up for it, I just enjoyed your comments.

Thanks

David

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!