*CP COASTER CAMPOUT UPDATE pg 3 -05/19* Zach & Emily's TR's

Adventures of Zach and Emily Thread "Straight to the 'Point"
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: *CP COASTER CAMPOUT UPDATE pg 3 -05/19* Zach & Emily's T

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:34 am

Always a great story from you, thanks for sharing! Looks like a great event and seems like a lot of SV fans missed out on some sweet sweet 5 minute ert.

Hope your PTO gets a bump so you two can go on more trips!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:12 am

I love how you sprinkle in random anecdotes from your work that are super intense and contrasting to the nature of theme parks, it's kind of horrifying but hilarious at the same time in a weird way.

"after working the suspicious child death task force we were off to go camping and ride some roller coasters"

"with the double homicide investigation behind me it was time for more Flags more Fun, Six Flags Mid America"

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:14 am

Great report! I read it last night on a plane and totally forgot to comment until now.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby TBpony414 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:05 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:I love how you sprinkle in random anecdotes from your work that are super intense and contrasting to the nature of theme parks, it's kind of horrifying but hilarious at the same time in a weird way. "after working the suspicious child death task force we were off to go camping and ride some roller coasters" ... "with the double homicide investigation behind me it was time for more Flags more Fun, Six Flags Mid America"

I agree, the phrasing was seriously strange and simultaneously funny to read! Really great! Zach - I'm glad you had such a great time.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:31 am

Great report! Being a complete and utter non-camper myself, I didn't pay this event any attention before. But after reading about it, I think you may have convinced me to give it a go next year! So, it's $200 for up to 4 people? I know a couple of avid campers, and I bet I could get my GF to go with myself and them to make it a foursome.

I also respect your opinion of SV... I love it, and it's my #1 coaster! But if you're not really into that level of intensity, and especially the hard bucking (which frankly, is understandable), it's not going to be as great of a ride. MF is fantastic, and amazing, and still well worth a #1 ranking, especially if speed and non-airtime intensity is your preferred coaster taste!

Melt is an amazing place! Just tried it for the first time during Coastermania (with RAWKIN, actually), and other than mind-numbingly slow service (which I also had a previous visit this year at Chickie and Pete's... Hmmm....), it exceeded my expectations! Definitely a place you can go and share an entree, and be g2g!

Oh, and the abandoned bear was hilarious! :lol:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby prozach626 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:11 am

We've been crazy busy this summer between work and weekends off, so I hadn't gotten a chance to check my thread. Thanks for all of the comments. I hope more people cash in on this opportunity next year. I think this trip will be one of our more memorable times.

Hilltopper39 wrote:I love how you sprinkle in random anecdotes from your work that are super intense and contrasting to the nature of theme parks, it's kind of horrifying but hilarious at the same time in a weird way.

"after working the suspicious child death task force we were off to go camping and ride some roller coasters"

"with the double homicide investigation behind me it was time for more Flags more Fun, Six Flags Mid America"

Haha! It was a pretty exceptionally wild week. Most of them aren't like this. Everything in my life is pretty much a contradiction, including my personality at times, but it makes for good stories.

DILinator wrote: So, it's $200 for up to 4 people? I know a couple of avid campers, and I bet I could get my GF to go with myself and them to make it a foursome.

Four people per tent. If you have a big tent it shouldn't be a problem. I went on a lot of camping when I was younger and this was a lot different. Basically, you're so exhausted from the day when you hit the sleeping bag and/or air mattress it's lights out. I have a lot of problems sleeping and I had very little trouble that night.

Also, the grass was thick and the camping area was very clean. It was really more like setting up the tent in the back yard when I was a kid, rather than traditional camping. It was the perfect combination. Shower wipes were a must and they worked surprisingly very well.

DILinator wrote:Oh, and the abandoned bear was hilarious! :lol:

LOL! Dude, Emily and I live for random moments like this! She has a keen eye for finding head scratching/WTF things in life.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:30 am

double

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!