Photo TR: Ccron10 Heads to Japan

Fuji-Q-Highland Has Been Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Photo TR: Ccron10 Heads to Japan

Postby Ccron10 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:18 pm

If they wanted to, they could've done one major fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo area in between Do-Dondopa and Takabisha for both rides if they wanted to. That definitely would've helped.

They forced me to place everything in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo for a key of many of the parks. Tokyo Dome for Thunder Dolphin, Joypolis, Spin Runway at Yomiuriland, all of Fuji-Q, Nagashima for Steel Dragon, Acrobat, and Star Flyer (They at least allowed me to wear my glasses since I had a strap), and Dive Coaster at Cosmoworld. I disliked it because I know if they stay on for Skyrush, they're not coming off for anything else.
By the way, those keys were annoying to open and kind of looked a little dangerous. Lol

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Ccron10 wrote:They forced me to place everything in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo for a key of many of the parks. Tokyo Dome for Thunder Dolphin, Joypolis, Spin Runway at Yomiuriland, all of Fuji-Q, Nagashima for Steel Dragon, Acrobat, and Star Flyer (They at least allowed me to wear my glasses since I had a strap), and Dive Coaster at Cosmoworld.

Yes, but none of those places you just mentioned did it as slowly or as horribly as Fuji-Q does. I've been to all those places, too and also had to lock all my stuff away as well. Again, case in point: Explain to me how a park like Universal makes you put EVERYTHING away on rides like Space Fantasy and Flying Dinosaur yet still manages to crank through a metric shitton of people per hour?

There is simply *NO EXCUSE* for how poorly Fuji-Q is run and it has been that was for the past 14 years in which we have been going fairly regularly. I'm not sure why you keep giving this park the benefit of the doubt. It's terrible.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Garet » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:59 pm

I remember once I had a balled up tissue in my pocket years ago when I got on Dodonpa and didn't even know it was there and they unlocked a whole train and made me put a balled up tissue in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo and get a strap just for that. I like at USJ, for Flying Dinosaur, they found a way to let you keep your stuff for the majority of the queue to use your phone but have it in a way that it doesn't slow down operations when it needs to be stored.

I've been to a ton of Asian parks where I've had to plan out beforehand and been in parks where there is 3 hours line across the board like DisneySea or even parks that don't offer fast passes and still had a good day regardless and not been grinding my teeth. Fuji-Q on the couple of times I've been I end up more stressed than enjoying the park half the time. Constantly having to check the weather forecast for even tiny amounts of rain or wind. Having to gamble getting that 1st ride at opening vs going to the fast pass booth which tends to open whenever it feels like it. Even then spreading those out to take in for account operations and getting different times I find myself having to watch the skies for weather and closures for the later times worrying.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 pm

I remember back in 2013, when TPR went to ride Takabisha, we were put through the "everything goes in the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo ER" etc.
Then we were given this key on a flimsy wrist band, that felt more loose than any watch I'd ever owned.

Then, when we got back to the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo to get our stuff, I noticed a key, on the floor, nothing attached to it.
And nobody from the staff had noticed it, or had noticed it, and just wasn't going to do anything about it.

Fun wierd times at Fuji-Queue. =)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:28 pm

You know...trying to get around the word filter just makes us add more word filters!
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:29 pm.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:06 am

To be honest, why do you guys still spend any money to visit this theme park? I recognize that they have some fantastic and unique attractions for sure, but based on everything I have heard and seen on Fuji-Q, it seems like a theme park enthusiast's actual hell on earth. Even with proper planning the park will find a way to screw something up that no other park can.

Like, how is going there more fun that doing literally anything else in Japan instead?
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:15 am

BlahBlahson wrote:To be honest, why do you guys still spend any money to visit this theme park?

This is actually a fair and very valid question. If it were up to myself or even myself and Elissa, we probably wouldn't go back. In fact, we have skipped this park the last two trips we have made to Japan because your description of it is pretty much accurate.

BUT... for example this upcoming trip to Japan in June we are going to visit because...

1. We'll have new people who have never been, and...
2. They have something "new" there...

So because enough people will want to go, we'll suck it up, get to the park A$$ early in the morning, one of us will "camp out" at the FastPass booth and get as many tickets as we can for our group when they become available, and once every one gets on everything at least once, we usually take a vote to see what time we end up leaving the park.

It's basically making the best case scenario out of the worst possible situation.

BlahBlahson wrote:Like, how is going there more fun that doing literally anything else in Japan instead?

Again, another extremely fair and honest statement and I don't actually have an answer to that because you're 100% correct...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 am

^Oof! Understandable regarding first time visitors. I mean, I would...probably...still go there if only to experience the world's quickest coaster launch. I can see both sides. Those guys are lucky you will be doing the "legacy fastpass" technique of one person collecting them all for everyone as well.

It's weird reading their Tripadvisor. Everyone seems basically cool with the wait times and fast-pass craziness there. Somewhere like Disney or Universal gets complaints all day about wait times and things that are otherwise completely reasonable, while the Japanese I guess are too polite to speak up about the operations of this park. Funny world.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 am

BlahBlahson wrote:^Oof! Understandable regarding first time visitors. I mean, I would...probably...still go there if only to experience the world's quickest coaster launch. I can see both sides. Those guys are lucky you will be doing the "legacy fastpass" technique of one person collecting them all for everyone as well.

I was very grateful for the sacrifices Robb and Elissa made waiting for fast passes during the 2011 trip. But even with those passes saving time and riding a few exciting coasters, it was just depressing being in the park. It felt more like being in a Chinese park than a Japanese park.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:43 am

larrygator wrote:I was very grateful for the sacrifices Robb and Elissa made waiting for fast passes

To be fair, waiting for those fastpasses is arguably less painful and less frustrating that riding the coasters! :Pr

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!