Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Culture and the world's craziest mountain coaster!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4405
Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Location: These Ozarks Hills
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Good to know. I'm officially adding Chessington to my UK itinerary, though we'll see what happens between now and then. That's a trip for when the kids are out of the house, and our youngest is in kindergarten. :lol:
Image
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz
User avatar
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: 16 Sep 2006
Location: Managing realistic expectations @ SFGreat America
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Another great chapter! Too bad Vampire isn't as good as it should be. Such a unique ride but it never seemed like it could hold a candle to Bat/Top Gun/Vortex.
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 2871
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:18 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Good to know. I'm officially adding Chessington to my UK itinerary, though we'll see what happens between now and then. That's a trip for when the kids are out of the house, and our youngest is in kindergarten. :lol:


It's definitely behind the other 3 I visited, but still worth visiting if you have time.

PKI Jizzman wrote:Another great chapter! Too bad Vampire isn't as good as it should be. Such a unique ride but it never seemed like it could hold a candle to Bat/Top Gun/Vortex.


Thanks! If the lifts were just a bit higher to actually get speed through the layout, it has the right setting to be as good as those two.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels
Image

I've gone pantless!
User avatar
 
Posts: 33048
Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)
Gender: Male
Age: 57

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:20 am

I've been to Phantasialand three times over the years, and Geister Rickshaw looks a bit more moth-eaten each time. I wonder how much longer they plan to keep it. I haven't been to Chessington since 2006, but I liked Vampire back then.
Image
Image

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 2871
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:30 am

That's a shame. I really wish they can breathe life into it somehow since I hate to dislike a dark ride that tries that hard with the set design.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels
Image

I've gone pantless!
User avatar
 
Posts: 33048
Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)
Gender: Male
Age: 57

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:51 am

^It has some pretty cool scenes, but I noticed they're a bit uptight about taking photos on the ride now (didn't used to be).
Image
Image

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...
User avatar
 
Posts: 84
Joined: 09 Jun 2008
Location: London
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Baffles » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:12 pm

You did indeed take a photo of Vampire's old entrance. A lot of the original, beautiful theming has been removed - especially when they added the floorless trains.

It has always been more of a majestic ride compared to the likes of Big Bad Wolf, Ninja etc - but was smoother with the original Arrow trains. It used to run three trains and dispatch every 40 seconds or so - a far cry from what it will do now.

I wish Chessington would take a leaf out of Phantasialand's book - they are similar size parks, both have tough restrictions in place with the neighbours, and generally both attract a wide audience. The quality of your day out must have been very different.

Great report!
TowersTimes.co.uk | SouthParks.co.uk

BAYSIDE STATION!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 20687
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 64

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Back then, to me the ride was great, but it was always the loading area
that got to me - total immersion into the Vampire's "Lair". A nice Disney style touch.

Nice TR of Chessington! :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Image

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 2871
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:44 am

cfc wrote:^It has some pretty cool scenes, but I noticed they're a bit uptight about taking photos on the ride now (didn't used to be).


I didn't see signs saying you couldn't but I also didn't try on that one.

Baffles wrote:You did indeed take a photo of Vampire's old entrance. A lot of the original, beautiful theming has been removed - especially when they added the floorless trains.

It has always been more of a majestic ride compared to the likes of Big Bad Wolf, Ninja etc - but was smoother with the original Arrow trains. It used to run three trains and dispatch every 40 seconds or so - a far cry from what it will do now.

I wish Chessington would take a leaf out of Phantasialand's book - they are similar size parks, both have tough restrictions in place with the neighbours, and generally both attract a wide audience. The quality of your day out must have been very different.

Great report!


Thanks! Do you know why they moved away from that beautiful entrance? It looks so odd just remaining there all boarded up.

Nrthwnd wrote:Back then, to me the ride was great, but it was always the loading area
that got to me - total immersion into the Vampire's "Lair". A nice Disney style touch.

Nice TR of Chessington! :airtime:


Thanks! It's a shame most of the wait takes place outside instead of inside Dracula's castle, but at least it affords good views of the coaster.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels
Image

I've gone pantless!
User avatar
 
Posts: 33048
Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)
Gender: Male
Age: 57

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:52 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
cfc wrote:^It has some pretty cool scenes, but I noticed they're a bit uptight about taking photos on the ride now (didn't used to be).


I didn't see signs saying you couldn't but I also didn't try on that one.



Yep, no signs, but I was asked to put my camera away.
Image
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron