Where Are You Going in 2018?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Where Are You Going in 2018?

Postby viking86 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:37 am

Ed Farmer wrote:What started as a relatively quiet 2018 forecast for me, initially- SF Great America, Cedar Point, Busch Tampa, SeaWorld Orlando- has burgeoned to include SF America, SF New England, Busch Williamsburg, and King's Dominion. Wild times if this goes according to plan.

I'd say your original "quiet" plan sounds like my definition of a very busy year lol... :p

I still only have Heide Park in 12 days on my definitive to-do list this year. There is a good chance of a visit to Liseberg later this year, love that park so much! A weekend trip to Poland for Legendia/Energylandia would be great also.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:48 pm

JG-77 wrote:Definitely
SFA (Home park)
SFGAdv (Not too far and has Toro :airtime: :lover: )

More likely than not
Hersheypark
Adventure Park USA (Small FEC with three coasters that's technically closer than SFA)

Decent Possibility
Kings Dominion
Coney Island

Possibly but unlikely
Knoebles
Amusement Parks in Ocean City
SFOG

Hopefully there will be some happy surprises along the way, but that's what's in store for me

Now that I'm unlikely to go to any new parks in 2018, here's my final talley of parks I got to:
-SFA
-SFGAdv
-SFGAm
-Knoebles
-Hersheypark
-Adventure Park USA

While nothing too insane, I'm actually incredibly happy with how many parks I was able to go to! I've gotten to go to parks far more this year than any other year before, and I visited two new parks, both of which I had a great time at (SFGAm and Knoebles :lover: ). I can't wait to see how many park visits I rack up when I actually start driving :lol:

Onward to 2019!
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby joelwee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:56 am

joelwee wrote:I planned my May/June trip, so my listing has changed quite a bit. I'm also planning a weekend trip later this summer, up to NorCal, but it's not set in stone yet. I really want to get up there to try Railblazer and Joker; plus, I'm not sure if I'll renew my CF Platinum Pass next year, so I want to get my money's worth out of it this year.

Definitely:
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Knott's Berry Farm
- Cedar Point
- Kings Island

Probably:
Kentucky Kingdom
Kennywood
California's Great America
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Final tally from 2018:
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Knott's Berry Farm
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Cedar Point
Kennywood
Kings Island
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Postby prozach626 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:56 am

In August, we're going to start trying for our one and only kid while vacationing in Hawaii. Our in-laws have already paid for the trip for their 50th anniversary, so we're incredibly fortunate and thankful for that. With all of this in mind, we're going to try to hit a lot of parks next year:

Definites:
Canada's Wonderland (1 of two bucket list parks)
Carowinds (Return trip for my favorite roller coaster, Fury)
SFGam (Return trip - frequently visited)
King's Island (Return trip - frequently visited)
SFSTL (Home park)
Coasters and Castles for about an hour (Return trip to Phoenix/Sedona, first touch-and-go at CC)

Probably:
SFGam (Haven't been back in eighteen years)

Maybe:
SFoG (Return trip five years ago)
SFoT (2 of 2 bucket list parks)

Probably not: BGW

CW and SFoT are bucket list parks, because I have no desire to go overseas to ride roller coasters. There are plenty of great options here. If we happen to go overseas and a park is nearby, we'll go. I'm pretty content and probably simple minded, so traveling to another continent just doesn't interest me. There's so much to see here.

viking86 wrote:
Ed Farmer wrote:What started as a relatively quiet 2018 forecast for me, initially- SF Great America, Cedar Point, Busch Tampa, SeaWorld Orlando- has burgeoned to include SF America, SF New England, Busch Williamsburg, and King's Dominion. Wild times if this goes according to plan.

I'd say your original "quiet" plan sounds like my definition of a very busy year lol... :p

Haha. I agree. Sounds like a solid summer for Ed.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:33 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Definitely
Cedar Point (went to Steel Vengeance first-rider benefit, CoasterMania, and another trip)
Kings Island (home park)

Probably
Holiday World
Kentucky Kingdom (off-season, still need to go back during regular season)
Silver Dollar City
Kings Dominion (maybe next year)
Six Flags St. Louis
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (will go later this year)

Possibly/goals
California's Great America,
Six Flags Over Texas & Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Texas trip goals (maybe next year)
Knoebel's & Hersheypark trip (wanted to go this year but I went a bunch of other places instead!)
West Coast Bash (Maybe next year)

Bolded I did do, italics I didn't.

Also went to:
Walt Disney World (all 4 parks multiple times)
Carowinds
SFOG
BGT
SWO
Universal Orlando (HHN)
Knott's

Will probably go to Dollywood later this year for their Christmas.

Pretty successful year with some definitely unexpected (since earlier this year) add-ons
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby DarienPoint » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:14 am

Going to WDW in one month (doing all parks) to participate with my friends in the Candlelight Processional!

Gonna be performing two evening shows Friday the 7th in December, maybe y'all can come see! (:
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:38 am

2016 was a big year for us. We wanted to cram in a lot of parks before we tried for baby number 1. Well 2018 was a big year for us as we will be trying for baby number 2. That will likely mean no new parks in 2019. So here are the parks we visited for 2018

Fun Spot Kissimmee
Fun Spot Orlando
Sea World Orlando
Busch Gardens Tampa
Six Flags St Louis
Waldameer
Kennywood
Nick Universe Mall of America
Valleyfair
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!