TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Live! Live Streams Around Parks

We've been doing live streams around parks for YEARS now but recently people have been wanting us to do them more and more and it's not something I've really given a lot of thought to. So here is one we did tonight. We would love to get your feedback...

Is this something that people like? Should we be doing more like this? We aren't really "vloggers" or "podcasters" and to be honest, it's not really something I'm that interested in, but we are happy to walk around the parks and answer questions and stuff.

Any other thoughts on this? Thanks everyone!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 2 cents is that I absolutely adore them, and watch them every time I stumble across y'all doing one.

It allows me to see places I've never been, or offers me reminders of places I have been.

I hope you keep doing them as I greatly enjoy them, even if the running commentary is about an inside joke, or nothing much to do with the surroundings. You're having fun? I'm having fun too.

I like watching them for parks I've never been to since it helps mr get a feel for the park's atmosphere. Rcdb can tell me if the park has a worthwhile coaster, but a live stream can tell me if I'm walking into a charming park like Waldameer or a lifeless one like Clementon.

Live streams are really cool . . . . what about (if possible of course), a live stream POV on a coaster?

Oh, we've done that a few times actually at WDW! The only issue with including a coaster on a live stream is if the line is long and then you're just live streaming boring stuff from the queue. But we have FastPasses or use the single rider line we've actually live streamed Expedition Everest, Test Track, Big Thunder Mountain, etc....

I'm indifferent toward live streams myself but hey, if you have the bandwidth and phone battery they're really engaging for the casual viewer. I know that a lot of people that really only engage with Theme Park Review's big social media channels enjoy them a lot.

^Same here. I went to see It last night, and watched some of the live-stream replay later.

heh. . I did the EXACT same thing!

("IT" is quite good, is it not? . . in particular the scene mid-way thru (the photo projector) ranks among the most effective I've ever seen in a scary film. . . VERY well done. and how about that Perfect casting).

i'm finishing off the live stream via the link above this morning. .but enjoying it a LOT.

edit: by the way, seeing the mostly empty line for BTM, and getting to actually LOOK at the level of themeing there? wow. . well done, Disney. Never noticed how well done that is.

I also tend to watch them later. In a weird way, they feel like a behind the scenes/director's commentary version of TPR. Most of the POV's focus on quality or are mainly things like twisty or loop de loop but in these, it feels more like I'm hearing what you and others think/opinions more.

I like them but I watch them after they are 'live' and treat them more like a podcast that I can listen to when I want. I enjoy watching your experiences and hearing your insightful (or stupid) comments. I wish it made sense for you to do a podcast because I enjoy listening to you when you are on other podcasts.

I wish it made sense for you to do a podcast because I enjoy listening to you when you are on other podcasts.

Yeah it probably would make sense, I just honestly don't really like them. I'm not one of those "likes to hear myself speak" type of people. I'd rather be behind the camera than in front of it. So me walking around a park doing a live stream will be about the closest you're going to get!

I tune in here and there when I see you are live. These videos interest me especially the ones around Disney with my trip coming up. I need to watch more not just from you but others to learn some tips and tricks around the parks from those that are experienced there. I have been to Magic Kingdom but i am going to be looking for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios videos to get an idea of what I am looking at for the visit.

TLDR: keep doing them I tune in and enjoy them.

I watched a good chunk of that pre-hurricane Magic Kingdom live stream at the gym today and I enjoyed it immensely. I'd love for you to do more of those, the commentary is great.

The only issue with including a coaster on a live stream is if the line is long and then you're just live streaming boring stuff from the queue. But we have FastPasses or use the single rider line we've actually live streamed Expedition Everest, Test Track, Big Thunder Mountain, etc....

Honestly even when you're just standing around doing nothing and waiting for someone to show up or get out of the bathroom it's cool, it feels authentic and unscripted and it basically just feels like we're tagging along at the park. I could tell that during some of those down moments it seemed like you felt like you should be moving on to the next thing or doing something to keep providing nonstop content but I don't really think that's the case. I probably enjoyed the down time, off the cuff commentary and responses to asinine Facebook comments just as much if not more than a lot of the on-ride footage that you already have elsewhere on your channel (generally shot with a much better camera). Don't get me wrong, I liked that too (mainly for the commentary) but I probably enjoyed the random commentary while standing around or walking around the park even more.

I feel everything I just said probably goes against your instincts and background in production and media since you seem like a perfectionist that likes to produce quality, refined content but personally I enjoy this format where you just completely wing it also and I think it works well for Facebook live.

I love these live streams and the replays. They are usually up when I'm having to sit by the door when putting the kids to sleep so at least I can be entertained watching it on my phone while the kiddos are going to sleep. If I have time later in the night, I usually watch the whole thing. I sometimes don't get to see them live, but I do love that there are replays.

Please, for those of us that are stuck in areas on the Country where it's still freaking hotter than hell, it's nice to see Disney World and dream and wish we could be there.

Jimmy "These are awesome and keep them coming!" Bo

I could tell that during some of those down moments it seemed like you felt like you should be moving on to the next thing or doing something to keep providing nonstop content but I don't really think that's the case. I probably enjoyed the down time, off the cuff commentary and responses to asinine Facebook comments just as much if not more than a lot of the on-ride footage that you already have elsewhere on your channel (generally shot with a much better camera).

The only time I feel we should be moving on is when people stop asking questions or making commentary. I'm not someone to just "stand around and do nothing" and it would feel awkward for me to do so in real life so it's even more awkward when I have a camera rolling and I'm being a "host." Sometimes what you don't see on the replay is that I'll be standing there saying "ok, people, interact with us..." and I won't get much to go off of and that's when things get slower for me. I could seriously walk around with the phone all day if people were feeding us questions and discussion topics. But when that slows down and people stop, then I feel it's time to turn off the live stream.