TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone else dislike park Halloween events?

Amusement parks have convinced me it's a great event by me going to them and wondering what took me so long. Carowinds sounds bad, but again look back at their schedule 20 years ago and I don't think you'll find it replaces anything (plus Carowinds wasn't near as good then anyway). Parks here, go the earlier weekends and you'll be OK.

What I find weird is most of my friends are artists and yet have no interest. People love to live with blinders on.

Edited by bill_s

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Halloween events...because they make parks money. If this has incentivized more parks to open, them I'm all for it.

Having said that, I'm not a huge fan of actually going to them. I like how the parks stay open very late. (2am coaster rides are always a lot of fun). But lines can also be crazy long. The main Halloween event I enjoy is USO, but more because I like seeing what they do with the effects.

I am also a fan of parks that split their night/day tickets like Cedar Fair parks. October days are great, as these days usually have some of the shortest lines of any time during the year. (I am talking empty rows on Flight Deck at CGA).

I typically don't do the haunts/mazes, but I am all for parks extending their hours. Same with the Christmas events.

The only haunt I regularly do is Lake Compounce's because it's nearly an hour long and you reserve a time. At most parks, when I see a longer line for a haunt (that may cost extra) or a shorter line for a coaster, I'm picking the coaster every time.

I enjoy the Halloween events (especially here in the North East) because it's a chance for me to enjoy the parks without the heat of summer. And (just as others have said) if you go during the day, lines are usually quite reasonable. I'm not into the idea of being scared, which makes Hershey's event especially appealing to me (especially as we now have younger kids who get scared just going down the wrong aisle at the local Halloween Stores). As such, my overall opinion of Halloween events are mostly positive.

Because I suffer from severe Anxiety, I can't do the whole "jump out and scare you" thing; additionally, I have a HUGE "personal bubble," so having scarers follow you closely just doesn't work for me.

But while I can't do the whole scary part of Halloween events, I absolutely love the atmosphere, theming, music, and more. I've been to Worlds of Fun a couple times during the Halloween season, and it's honestly my favorite time of year to go to that park. It's not too hot, the rides are open long into the darkness, and I love that they often play some of my favorite soundtracks (the Edward Scissorhands score and more).

So, yeah, I can't do the whole scare thing, but I definitely love the overall atmosphere of Halloween at parks.