Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017 Opening Night!

Halloween Fun at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017 Opening Night

Postby CoasterRench » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 am

I'm not a huge Disney fan, but I have always wanted to attend this event. We were planning a trip in a couple years once my youngest gets a little bit older, wonder how hard it would be to convince my wife to push the trip back from February to October for this event.

Is the Happy HalloWishes firework display different than the normal fireworks display that they show on a nightly basis?
Steel: 91 Wood: 28 Total: 119

Top Five
5. Diamondback, 4. Banshee, 3. Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit, 2. Incredible Hulk, 1. Millennium Force

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:03 am

CoasterRench wrote:Is the Happy HalloWishes firework display different than the normal fireworks display that they show on a nightly basis?

Yes. They do a special fireworks show that is ONLY during the event nights.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:04 am

CoasterRench wrote:I'm not a huge Disney fan, but I have always wanted to attend this event. We were planning a trip in a couple years once my youngest gets a little bit older, wonder how hard it would be to convince my wife to push the trip back from February to October for this event.

Is the Happy HalloWishes firework display different than the normal fireworks display that they show on a nightly basis?

Yes, the fireworks show is totally different. They only do the "perimeter fireworks" a couple of times a year and this is one of those times.

I will also probably mention that if you're not a "huge Disney fan" this event may not totally be your thing. Much of why this event is awesome to me is because it's a nice break for a regular day at Magic Kingdom and fills that day with even MORE "Disney." More character meet & greets, more people dressed up as their favorite Disney characters, more interaction with super-fun and friendly Disney cast members, exclusive Disney shows & parades, and exclusive Disney merchandise and Disney food offerings you can't get anywhere else.

Yes, it's still a cool event if you're not a huge Disney fan and I would never discourage anyone from attending, but know what you are getting into!
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:04 am.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby bigboy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:29 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween events, but I absolutely love the Not-So-Scary Party. We went in 2015 on our 7 day mega trip for my daughter's 5th birthday. My wife and I had experienced the short lines of the after hours event at the Very Merry Christmas Party on a trip several years ago, but the Halloween event takes the entire experience to another level. Everything about it is great: the decorations, the atmosphere, the fireworks, the energetic employees, the truckload of candy that we left with, and, most of all, the parade. I'm not into parades at all, but the Not-So-Scary parade is really enjoyable.

I've been on 5 trips to WDW over the years and my best experience with Disney employees happened at the Not-So-Scary Party that year. We scouted out a spot on the curb on Main Street about an hour before the parade. The street was buzzing with employees from the shops walking around and engaging the guests. Some of them even got my (at the time) very shy daughter to get up and show off some dance moves. While we were waiting, she took a nasty spill on the sidewalk. She wasn't hurt, but she's dramatic and was very upset. Two quick thinking employees descended on us to make sure she was okay and, less than 30 seconds later, another came out of the nearby gift shop with a giant lollipop. I know I probably sound like a flippin' commercial for Disney, but it was one of the highlights of the trip for me.

I love your pics of the event and I'm glad there are other people with a similar appreciation.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!