TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017 Opening Night!

I'm not much in a chatty mood tonight so I'll make this brief...

Once again, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is by far my favorite Halloween event! Not just in Orlando, but PERIOD! As much as I do like traditional "horror" stuff, too, I prefer the cute, family-friendly atmosphere of this event, and I'm a Disney nerd, so yeah...

Here are the event details, ticket info, etc: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

If you are in Orlando between the end of August and Nov 1st, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND this event! It is well worth the upcharge amount for the party!

We walked around and recorded a live stream video when we first got to the party! Watch the replay here:

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

DIGwtwKUwAAVdNO.jpg

We are here! Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! Fun starts NOW!

DIGzcGbXYAA-sFR.jpg

The event is happening NOW at Magic Kingdom and goes through November 1st on select nights!

DIG2qF0V0AEG18p.jpg

We are about to enter the party!

MNSSHPMainStreet2.thumb.jpg.1db152eb6cb9716c9f4ecaccdfb4400c.jpg

MNSSHPMainStreet.thumb.jpg.8ca4f86fef2105d6ea22b03417b980f2.jpg

MNSSHPMainStreet3.thumb.jpg.84b0d3f91cc9a0aa94db4fa5237b1233.jpg

MNSSHPMainStreet4.thumb.jpg.a014083be14c839d2a7515452fc04bd0.jpg

I love how Main Street is dressed up during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

Photos: Jack Crouse

DIG-v2XU0AAF-LY.jpg

We just ran into Newsies! They may just end up being our favorite costumes of the night!

Fun Fact: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is one of the ONLY times adults can dress in costumes at Walt Disney World!

DIHArx6UMAABRR9.jpg

When we picked up our candy bags they told us "you are going to need 3 or 4 tonight!" lol!

DIHD_e-UQAArW3a.jpg

DIHD_e8V0AAiSm0.jpg

DIHD_f_UAAAruu3.jpg

DIHD_f-VwAAMsAd.jpg

Here's a little bit of the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party merchandise!

DIHFujqV0AAjVYk.jpg

We love the candy girls at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! All the party staff make this event amazing!

DIHGhucUwAAsipk.jpg

DIHGhueV0AAUs7T.jpg

Three years ago we dressed up as Newsies for Not-So-Scary! Happy to see @katgrosshans and friends carrying the banner today!

DIHJO5tXcAMM3zK.jpg

The irony of people dressed as social media being posted to social media...

DIHLPriVYAAeXn2.jpg

DIHLPrhUwAEnMjf.jpg

DIHLPrhUwAA7M2Y.jpg

Here is the menu of event merchandise you can get exclusive to the event!

DIHPoAQUwAAEjOf.jpg

DIHPoASVYAAgGX1.jpg

DIHPoARUMAA24_q.jpg

Here is the special event MagicBand!

DIHN8mMVYAEGW8_.jpg

When you see these signs, get your candy bags ready!

DIHTy3KVoAAjCb_.jpg

DIHTy3GVwAAyBp0.jpg

Trick or treating around the Magic Kingdom is off to a good start!

DIHXLtwUwAEjOU2.jpg

DIHXLtuVwAA3HM2.jpg

I already have two full bags of candy!

DIHc8n4UQAAc-52.jpg

I love this new PhotoPass op they are doing in front of Haunted Mansion!

DIHhfLSVYAAhNUi.jpg

Moana is out taking pictures with guests!

DIHjZwmUQAAT2Pj.jpg

The Enchanted Tiki Room! Now with bonus candy!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DIHruVxVwAAMcw0.jpg

DIHruV0V0AAzHJO.jpg

DIHruW-V0AAqfkH.jpg

Haunted Mansion brings out some bonus haunts for Mickey's Not-So-Scary! Best time of year to ride it!

MNSSHPGhost.thumb.jpg.3ef14fb9266a3cddd7445b292f036af8.jpg

Madame Carlotta sits out in front of Haunted Mansion and tells some "interesting" stories!

DIHvaBfV0AAArtn.jpg

DIHvaCjVwAEy9cO.jpg

MNSSHPHalloWishes.thumb.jpg.c58cdd43a260e40a4642f2eb29a3757f.jpg

Get ready for Happy HalloWishes! Watch the video below or at least watch the last couple minutes for one of the best fireworks show finales ever!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

DIH2K_yVoAAjyXN.jpg

DIH2LA5UAAA_pcA.jpg

DIH2LA6UIAAR0h4.jpg

Trick or treating... still going awesome! Gotta love filling up multiple bags of candy!

DIH86U-UQAA6eJM.jpg

Watch the full "Boo To You" parade below! Quite possibly my favorite Disney parade!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

MNSSHPGraveDigger.thumb.jpg.de4376d74cd87a4a69e76c2445188256.jpg

MNSSHPGraveDigger2.thumb.jpg.c753e8cb35f6a7849b3e403fe19c1820.jpg

The gravediggers may want to you think they are scary, but they really are "not-so-scary!"

MNSSHPChip.thumb.jpg.2988016bbdde5f62575ecaecff910981.jpg

Chip is never scary!

MNSSHPHMDancer.thumb.jpg.2eb12a8b9eca8cfc12d69eeada6c44d3.jpg

The Haunted Mansion dancers are awesome!

MNSSHPPirate.thumb.jpg.c1a4cac96ce871e052078f167bdcd4b9.jpg

Yo ho! A pirate's life for me!

MNSSHSugarRush2.thumb.jpg.54fceba1df939767c42d85d368563f57.jpg

MNSSHPSugarRush.thumb.jpg.0b49f45a723cd4799c89bdb04f9038e3.jpg

The "Sugar Rush Racers" are my favorite recent addition to the Boo To You Parade!

MNSSHPRalph.thumb.jpg.675e862e4cb40a02a82b26f12449b6a8.jpg

Ralph guards all the chocolate!

DIIHzv5V0AEg8Ls.jpg

DIIHzu2UAAIAcgh.jpg

Another reason Mickey's Not-So-Scary is awesome? Short lines for rides! Yes that says 5 minutes!

We ended the night watching the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular! If you're a fan of the movie, watch the video of the show:

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview/videos/10155690888103566/[/fbvideonew]

DIIX50oXgAAxI9c.jpg

DIIX50nWAAMuS_i.jpg

I love how the Main Street buildings look with the fog and the Halloween lighting! Incredible!

DIIdIuvV0AEwdsT.jpg

DIIdIuxUQAEuvJk.jpg

See ya real soon! Yes, because I'm going back again next week!

DIIj7aoVoAAqzz7.jpg

Of course, it wouldn't be a Mickey's Not-So-Scary without the candy haul photo! I think I did pretty well tonight!

Calico System.nltrack

Conveluted.jpg.faf1c5f8ad14e479e47b6dedd107bc00.jpg

Inertiatic.nltrack

Mini-Rocket.nltrack

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the report of opening night.

This always looks like a great time, and is on my "one day" list. . . likely when we get back to WDW in the next few years.

question: do they leave the decorations out during the day? I'd assume yes, and that they just double for "fall" decorations. But just wondering.

hehe.. and is this cast member cosplaying as Robb??

I be seeing double!

DIH2K_yVoAAjyXN.jpg

must be that smile!

Awesome report! I don't really care for the "scary horror" events, but this one definitely looks like my cup of tea! (yeah I'm a bit of a Disney nerd too) Perhaps the seasonal event I would like to visit the most, it looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Such an awesome event and I hope to attend it one day with the family. I do have a question...do the Cast Members place the candy in your bag or do you shove your hand in the candy and take what you want? The reason I ask is because one of our boys has a peanut and dairy allergy but loves some other candy's that aren't peanut or chocolate based (lots of Skittles and gummies). Halloween is always a hard time for him because we always have to make sure he doesn't touch some of the candy he can't have but it would be great if we could do an event like this.

I was fortunate enough to watch a lot of these "Live" on Facebook when you were there opening night. Great experience!

Jimmy "Bring out yer dead" Bo

I do have a question...do the Cast Members place the candy in your bag or do you shove your hand in the candy and take what you want? The reason I ask is because one of our boys has a peanut and dairy allergy but loves some other candy's that aren't peanut or chocolate based (lots of Skittles and gummies). Halloween is always a hard time for him because we always have to make sure he doesn't touch some of the candy he can't have but it would be great if we could do an event like this.

They put it in the bag, you never touch it. Disney also provides certain areas on the map that are dedicated allergen friendly candy locations.

The best thing to do for out of towners is to do one day at Magic Kingdom, and one night at the Halloween Party or Christmas Party. That way you can see the park in two different lights, save money, have time to sleep in one day or visit other attractions, get a lot of treats and get shorter wait times at the parties. It's a total win for a park that big.

I'm not a huge Disney fan, but I have always wanted to attend this event. We were planning a trip in a couple years once my youngest gets a little bit older, wonder how hard it would be to convince my wife to push the trip back from February to October for this event.

Is the Happy HalloWishes firework display different than the normal fireworks display that they show on a nightly basis?

I'm not a huge Disney fan, but I have always wanted to attend this event. We were planning a trip in a couple years once my youngest gets a little bit older, wonder how hard it would be to convince my wife to push the trip back from February to October for this event.

Is the Happy HalloWishes firework display different than the normal fireworks display that they show on a nightly basis?

Yes, the fireworks show is totally different. They only do the "perimeter fireworks" a couple of times a year and this is one of those times.

I will also probably mention that if you're not a "huge Disney fan" this event may not totally be your thing. Much of why this event is awesome to me is because it's a nice break for a regular day at Magic Kingdom and fills that day with even MORE "Disney." More character meet & greets, more people dressed up as their favorite Disney characters, more interaction with super-fun and friendly Disney cast members, exclusive Disney shows & parades, and exclusive Disney merchandise and Disney food offerings you can't get anywhere else.

Yes, it's still a cool event if you're not a huge Disney fan and I would never discourage anyone from attending, but know what you are getting into!

Edited by robbalvey

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween events, but I absolutely love the Not-So-Scary Party. We went in 2015 on our 7 day mega trip for my daughter's 5th birthday. My wife and I had experienced the short lines of the after hours event at the Very Merry Christmas Party on a trip several years ago, but the Halloween event takes the entire experience to another level. Everything about it is great: the decorations, the atmosphere, the fireworks, the energetic employees, the truckload of candy that we left with, and, most of all, the parade. I'm not into parades at all, but the Not-So-Scary parade is really enjoyable.

I've been on 5 trips to WDW over the years and my best experience with Disney employees happened at the Not-So-Scary Party that year. We scouted out a spot on the curb on Main Street about an hour before the parade. The street was buzzing with employees from the shops walking around and engaging the guests. Some of them even got my (at the time) very shy daughter to get up and show off some dance moves. While we were waiting, she took a nasty spill on the sidewalk. She wasn't hurt, but she's dramatic and was very upset. Two quick thinking employees descended on us to make sure she was okay and, less than 30 seconds later, another came out of the nearby gift shop with a giant lollipop. I know I probably sound like a flippin' commercial for Disney, but it was one of the highlights of the trip for me.

I love your pics of the event and I'm glad there are other people with a similar appreciation.