TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coastering during the eclipse?

Hey everyone, I might be at Silverwood during the eclipse, and I am wondering if anyone has plans to try to get on a coaster or ride while the eclipse is happening? It won't be a full eclipse up that far in Idaho, but I'm sure there are some parks in the path of totality--Enchanted Forest in OR actually the only one I can really find--and that would be just bad ass to be on any ride while that's happening. I've never seen one, and I am really tempted to drive down south in ID to see the total eclipse, but I will probably just stay in Coeur d'Alene and possibly try getting on Timber Terror while the moon is doing its thing

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I might be at Silverwood during the eclipse, and I am wondering if anyone has plans to try to get on a coaster or ride while the eclipse is happening? It won't be a full eclipse up that far in Idaho, but I'm sure there are some parks in the path of totality--Enchanted Forest in OR actually the only one I can really find--and that would be just bad A$$ to be on any ride while that's happening. I've never seen one, and I am really tempted to drive down south in ID to see the total eclipse, but I will probably just stay in Coeur d'Alene and possibly try getting on Timber Terror while the moon is doing its thing

It looks like Worlds of Fun will be in totality. Six Flags St Louis and Beech Bend in Kentucky look close to totality. But waiting in line to get on a coaster during totality?

I will be on a hill with a great view during the eclipse, as nice as Silverwood is I recommend going to the totality zone instead. Ride Tremors and Timber Terror before or after ...

Hey everyone, I might be at Silverwood during the eclipse, and I am wondering if anyone has plans to try to get on a coaster or ride while the eclipse is happening? It won't be a full eclipse up that far in Idaho, but I'm sure there are some parks in the path of totality--Enchanted Forest in OR actually the only one I can really find--and that would be just bad A$$ to be on any ride while that's happening. I've never seen one, and I am really tempted to drive down south in ID to see the total eclipse, but I will probably just stay in Coeur d'Alene and possibly try getting on Timber Terror while the moon is doing its thing

It looks like Worlds of Fun will be in totality. Six Flags St Louis and Beech Bend in Kentucky look close to totality. But waiting in line to get on a coaster during totality?

I will be on a hill with a great view during the eclipse, as nice as Silverwood is I recommend going to the totality zone instead. Ride Tremors and Timber Terror before or after ...

WoF and SFStL will be closed for the eclipse. Beech Bend, like Dollywood, is just outside of totality.

Nope, won't be in a park for the eclipse. I'd rather have totality. 2024 will cross over SFFT, SFoT, and Cedar Point. But, it's on a Monday in April, and Cedar Point will be closed while the Texas parks are in weekend only operations. 2045 will have BGT and the Orlando parks in totality.

I'm in the path of totality here in Nashville and have family visiting to experience the eclipse with me. It's surely going to be amazingly awe-inducing by the looks of things. I wish Opryland was still around for this. Hope everyone enjoys this once in a lifetime event! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_exegtInbw

The entire country is getting at least a partial eclipse. The Orlando parks could be the closest parks open to the path of totality (unless Dollywood is open)

Carowinds is at 98%, Dollywood is at 99%. Both are open, but personally if you're that close to the 100% zone you should go there. Don't waste time at a theme park during the eclipse if you're that close to the 100% zone.

On that note...

note.jpg.68f82bf4c412dd064ddfc59217358fae.jpg

So... is the idea to ride a coaster during the eclipse? Wouldn't the glasses be a loose article? And aren't most of the proper eclipse glasses made of flimsy cardboard anyway therefore making it impossible to ride with them on? Why would anyone want to be distracted by a coaster ride during the once-in-a-lifetime experience of watching the eclipse? Seems like a bit of a hassle if you ask me.

Does this thread remind anyone else of the Seinfeld episode where George wants to master the art of eating while he is having sex?

costanza_sandwich.png.be4cc6f9ad69c8254cd5a9ab4a3b6be6.png

Does this thread remind anyone else of the Seinfeld episode where George wants to master the art of eating while he is having sex?

It does now.

Yeah, you can ride a coaster anytime. You can see this once. (And I'm writing this from the path of totality...about an hour until the show starts )

^ Yep, and that one comes about as close to me as this one does, albeit in a different direction.

Truth be told, this never has to be once in a lifetime; you just have to be willing to go where it is. Most of us will only go when it's close to us, so for a lot of people this really is the only one they'll ever see.

Edit: On second thought this entire event was overhyped as sh*t and for some reason I fell for it.

Carry on.

Hah. I almost contemplated driving an hour to go get eclipse glasses and I'm glad I didn't. This was the most over hyped thing since Holiday World adding Fire Cracker. It blew my mind that the country practically put everything on hold for the eclipse. Given a chance to do today over again, I would have rather slept in from being on night shift all weekend.

Edit: On second thought this entire event was overhyped as sh*t and for some reason I fell for it.

Carry on.

Hah. I almost contemplated driving an hour to go get eclipse glasses and I'm glad I didn't. This was the most over hyped thing since Holiday World adding Fire Cracker. It blew my mind that the country practically put everything on hold for the eclipse. Given a chance to do today over again, I would have rather slept in from being on night shift all weekend.

I saw totality today and it definitely was not overhyped at all. Seeing the Sun's corona with the center blacked out was spectacular, as was watching a huge landscape swept by the shadow.

I live in the area that had one of the longest 100% totality times and it was crazy stupid how many people were here. I met people from six different countries over the last two days (which is very rare for where I'm from). Ozzy Osbourne even had a concert here. While it was really cool to witness, it's not something that I would travel halfway across the world, let alone several states to witness.

Hey all. I was at Great America (SF) yesterday. I wasn't expecting much from the eclipse, since it was only supposed to be partial. But what I ended up getting was sooo, terrible. It was cloudy, so we missed out on the whole thing. What we did see was kind of pathetic. Oh well. I had an amazing day though, I got a total of 21 rides from open to close.

I saw totality today and it definitely was not overhyped at all. Seeing the Sun's corona with the center blacked out was spectacular, as was watching a huge landscape swept by the shadow.

I'm glad someone got something out of it, because I saw it and thought it was about as spectacular as a McDonald's milk shake.

I saw the totality as well. At my work (in Chesterfield, MO) we had about 1:30 of totality, and it was very, very impressive. Watching as the eclipse approached the totality, even just immediately before, was nowhere near seeing it in total eclipse. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.