Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Page 13 - Holiday World Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Postby cfc » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:41 am

I've been to Kings Island three times--once with TPR and twice without--and enjoyed myself each time. I haven't been on Mystic Timbers yet, but I think Robb makes a good point: Rolling through the shed does sound better than just sitting on a brake run.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coasternut » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:49 am

Great report! I'll be at Kings Island this time next week on vacation. I really love that park, and now with Mystic Timbers - it's even better. I can't wait to get there... :lmao:
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Ape » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:54 am

Always love my home park. Longest we waited yesterday for normal rides was 15 minutes Beast with the shutdown for fireworks was an hour but would have been 15 without the shutdown. We did both Mystic Timbers and Beast at night last night MT is overall my favorite at the park but I still cant bring myself to give it the nod over Beast at night, that could just be a nostalgia thing though. I am glad you guys enjoyed you time up here and it looks like you may have been there Monday as weather was absolutely perfect.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby EliHorton » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:44 am

I love Kings Island! So far, it is my favorite corporate park. It was where I rode my first flying coaster and suspended coaster. Firehawk is still one of the only rides I've been on where I have screamed out of fear. Lol.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:56 am

Thanks for the updates, great living vicariously through you all! I would love to go back to Kings Island!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:36 pm

I have the biggest smile right now, reading through this thread. Glad everyone is having an awesome trip! Kings Island has always thoroughly been such a great time each visit. I've only ever been post Son of Beast, though lol. Can't wait to try Mystic Timbers one day. That and park myself in that 80s store. We can really use more Speak & Spells ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Great report!!!

With all of the great photos, fun videos and entertaining commentary this probably shouldn't be my main takeaway from the report but ELISSA HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET AN ARTICUNO TO ACTUALLY STAY IN THE F*CKING BALL?!?!?!!? They always run away from me. :lol:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:47 pm

I loved Kings Island last year and Mystic Timbers looks like a fantastic addition. Hopefully I can make it back soon.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, New Texas Giant, Millennium Force
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:58 pm

coasterbill wrote:Great report!!!

With all of the great photos, fun videos and entertaining commentary this probably shouldn't be my main takeaway from the report but ELISSA HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET AN ARTICUNO TO ACTUALLY STAY IN THE F*CKING BALL?!?!?!!? They always run away from me. :lol:

It took 10 golden raspberries and 10 of the special balls. I was getting really nervous!!! About 9 of 12 got him in the ball. One of our TPR people didn't and two random other people (including one kid in tears) didn't.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Ape » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:53 am

Articuno was an easy catch but a hard take down for me. It took a minimum of 8 people to beat and all but one in my group caught it. Moltres is the opposite easy take down hard catch. I am 1-3 with that one. The tip we learned yesterday seemed to work for our group. On the first throw use a nanab berry it should break out but on the second throw use the golden and you should catch it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!