Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Page 20 - St. Louis City Museum!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Postby DavidB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Good report! It looks like you guys enjoyed the park. I'm glad to have this as my home park; it's not over the top fancy or anything, but it's definitely enjoyable, and as a fan of good wooden coasters, I really like the collection and enjoy all 3 of them quite a bit. I had the displeasure of riding Mr. Freeze with the OTSRs and it was brutal even with the big cushy areas next to your head. The lap bars make a world of difference on this ride...

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 pm

coneyislandchris wrote:How common is someone Lightnin' Loopsing it up? I witnessed this happen last year at Discovery Kingdom on Medusa as well, and it took about two minutes of the ride ops yelling at him for him to realize, oh wait a minute, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING HOLDING ME IN. :roll:

A guy did it at the S&S tower I was operating for about 10 seconds before realizing.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Glad you had a great visit to Six Flags St. Louis. It definitely feels more laid back than other parks in the chain and that was something that I really liked when I visited back in 2010. Good to hear that Screamin' Eagle seemed to be running well - that was my favorite coaster there followed by American Thunder and Mr. Freeze.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:50 pm

^ How is there even enough room in the seat do do that?

Great report! I think this is the last Six Flags park in the US I need to visit. It looks like one of the nicer ones visually and the wooden coaster collection will draw me out there someday.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:38 am

I would really like to visit this park one day. In addition to Adventureland in Iowa, this was another park that we used to pass almost every year on our way to visit relatives in Las Vegas...but never had time to stop at.

Mr. Freeze looks like a ton of fun and that Xcalibur ride looks pretty crazy too.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:26 am

Excalibur and Mr. Freeze are worth the trip alone! Excalibur was one of the most unique rides I've ever been on and I couldn't stop laughing the entire time.

Eagle and Thunder were fun, but just didn't seem to be running up to their potential during my visit. The waterpark looks great, too. I'm sure a SDC trip will include a stop by SF StL.
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:28 am

Great report! I visited SFSTl for the first time a few days after you all did. My boyfriend grew up around the park and is definitely a fanboy, and especially a Boss fanboy. I wasn't sure what to expect after him overhyping it, and while it didn't blow me completely away, I was definitely pleasantly surprised. I don't think it needs RMC treatment per se, but I would definitely be in favor if they did. I would just hope Six Flags preserves the layout and length as much as possible.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to ride Excaliber and I really wish we had. I was starting to feel some heat exhaustion and that ride looked like the last thing I wanted to ride with the headache and dizziness I was already feeling. Maybe next time.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with how well-rounded and put together the park was. At some points I forgot we were even at a Six Flags. I definitely think this park is underrated. It could use a stellar new coaster to put it back on the map, but I wouldn't say it's a bad park.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:31 am

This is a very respectable Six Flags park! I have an odd soft spot for The Boss - just a wild layout. Great selection of other rides too.

Thanks for sharing!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:37 am

I went to SFStL, and granted, it was in the early 2000's, but I thought it was a great little park! =)
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby HWFan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:03 pm

I really enjoyed the TR and all of the positive responses. Working at the park year round, I've really come to appreciate it more and more. It has great character and some great leadership, including the park president, Pete, who you can tell really cares about it. When I heard you guys were in the park, I was happy to hear that you took the time to stop by and enjoy it.

Also, even though I don't work "in" the park in terms of my primary job location, I am trained at and sometimes pick up shifts at Superman. It's an absolutely blast to see everyone's reactions.

P.S. Back during my first year in 2013, you guys stopped by while I was working at the front gate at the time. I got to give Kirsten a hand stamp on your way out and was pretty starstruck getting to see you.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!