Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Page 18 - Six Flags St. Louis!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:59 am

Great report! I went on a very cloudy and stormy day, so it's nice seeing photos from a much brighter visit by comparison.

I was really impressed in my one visit. I didn't find Voyage unbearably rough. It definitely was aggressive, especially the further back you got, but I definitely really enjoyed the ride. I also marathon Boulder Dash quite a bit and I know others have found that ride pretty rough as well recently.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:22 am

It's a shame to hear that about Raven, though it helps confirming Bill isn't crazy in his assessment from earlier this year. Raven was my favorite coaster when I visited (Legend was good, not great; Voyage was too much for me), hopefully it'll get some TLC treatment soon a la Legend.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby jtaudioacc » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:52 am

robbalvey wrote:
Ape wrote:I might have missed it but what did you guys think of the retracked portion of Legend?

To be honest I am not familiar with the coaster well enough to notice that much of a difference from the last time I rode a few year ago. It seemed like it was running the best of the three woodies, however. Raven was running unfortunately pretty rough and I didn't ride Voyage this visit. I've never been a huge Voyage fan and after I heard comments like "I might need to go to the hospital" after one of our people rode, I felt it was best to skip it this time around! :Pr

Personally my favorite three attractions at Holiday World are Raven, Mammoth, and Wildebeest. Even though Raven was not running as well as in previous visits, I did ride it multiple times (mostly in the very front though.)

I liked all the three woodies fairly equally with Voyage night right front row being my favorite. Back row was great until after the last tunnel. It was Ghostrider pre retrack torture. Back to try to catch up on sleep in the cabana after that. =)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby KristenLeigh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:22 am

Holiday World has to be my favorite park and I'd been going to it since I was 3. I hadn't been since 2011 so there was a lot of new goodies to ride. Raven was actually my first coaster I ever rode. I love Wildebeest and Mammoth but Wildebeest is way better in my opinion. The whole spinning tube on Mammoth makes it unique. Surprisingly I can get my hubby to ride those but can't get him to ride one of the coasters. Thunderbird was so cool and worth wait it had. Glad you had a great visit and I hope to catch y'all at a park sometime.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:58 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Ape wrote:I might have missed it but what did you guys think of the retracked portion of Legend?

To be honest I am not familiar with the coaster well enough to notice that much of a difference from the last time I rode a few year ago. It seemed like it was running the best of the three woodies, however. Raven was running unfortunately pretty rough and I didn't ride Voyage this visit. I've never been a huge Voyage fan and after I heard comments like "I might need to go to the hospital" after one of our people rode, I felt it was best to skip it this time around! :Pr

Personally my favorite three attractions at Holiday World are Raven, Mammoth, and Wildebeest. Even though Raven was not running as well as in previous visits, I did ride it multiple times (mostly in the very front though.)

As soon as I saw the link to this report, my first thought was your opinion of Voyage this time around.

A very wise decision to consider proper rib and spinal alignment versus coaster riding for the remainder of your trip. ;)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Samuel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:59 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Ape wrote:I've never been a huge Voyage fan and after I heard comments like "I might need to go to the hospital" after one of our people rode, I felt it was best to skip it this time around! :Pr

Yikes, lol, like Philrad I was sifting through the comments to see how Voyage has been recently! Gravity Group has done some fine coasters, but its rides sure can develop a feral bite. I've had some real Jekyll/Hyde experiences on GG coasters, and Voyage, to me, can make you appreciate the school of "less is more." A nice litmus test is that if a GG coaster train comes back to the station and you see smiling kids and their parents, it's a good sign. If a train comes back and the only people aboard are from that small fringe group that marathons water rides alone on cold nights, you best buckle up for a wild ride.

Loving the report!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Blue Turbo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:05 pm

The Great Zo wrote:
SharkTums wrote:KT and I had our best visit ever!

Nathan on the other hand...

It was a great day except for getting waterboarded in the lazy river :lol:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Awesome report! I know what you guys mean about Raven. I visited the park for the first time last year and actually did a similar "night before, morning after" trip. My first ride on Raven was in the back at night, and despite some of the hills having some jackhammering moments, I'll never forget how terrifying some of the drops were, not knowing the layout and being pitch black outside. I think we rode it two or three more times in the back just for pure shock value. That coasters kicks A$$, I hope they give it a little maintenance.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:21 am

This REALLY makes me want to go back to Holiday World next year!! Gret report!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:26 am

Splashin' Safari is one amazing park. Wildebeest really set the bar when it comes to a memorable water coaster. That shed drop!

Sad to hear a consistent trend about Voyage being so rough in the back half of the season. The ride is stellar when it's just: aggressive".
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!