Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Page 20 - St. Louis City Museum!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Postby SharkTums » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:46 pm

KT and I had our best visit ever!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby The Great Zo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:55 pm

SharkTums wrote:KT and I had our best visit ever!

Nathan on the other hand...
-- Andy

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Nice report. Looks like you guys had a great time at HW world. However, I refuse to attend any cabana that doesn't include an option for a waitress or waiter delivering an ice cold cocktail.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Great report! Holiday World is slowly climbing up my priority list of new parks to visit. Thunderbird looks like one of the best Wing Coasters out there, and the three woodies all look fantastic. Oh, and Splashin' Safari. Yeah, those water coasters look amazing.
Steel: 145 -- Wood: 27 -- Total: 172
Twitter & Instagram: @nlamoreaux99
Skyrush is perfection.

Postby Vonni » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:39 pm

prozach626 wrote:Nice report. Looks like you guys had a great time at HW world. However, I refuse to attend any cabana that doesn't include an option for a waitress or waiter delivering an ice cold cocktail.

That would definitely be an amazing perk lol!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:21 am

prozach626 wrote:Nice report. Looks like you guys had a great time at HW world. However, I refuse to attend any cabana that doesn't include an option for a waitress or waiter delivering an ice cold cocktail.

I was a little surprised that they didn't offer this service. Hopefully in the coming years we'll at least see some service brought to the cabanas...alcohol is a whole other story!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:47 am

Those photos on Thunderbird are great! Haven't had a chance to ride T-Bird yet, so I'd have to say my favorite rides at Holiday World are still Raven, Mammoth, and Wildebeest.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Ape » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:36 am

At Holiday World Cabana rental is essential. Love this park I might have missed it but what did you guys think of the retracked portion of Legend? when I visited last year the changes they made put that coaster way up on my list.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:39 am

Ape wrote:I might have missed it but what did you guys think of the retracked portion of Legend?

To be honest I am not familiar with the coaster well enough to notice that much of a difference from the last time I rode a few year ago. It seemed like it was running the best of the three woodies, however. Raven was running unfortunately pretty rough and I didn't ride Voyage this visit. I've never been a huge Voyage fan and after I heard comments like "I might need to go to the hospital" after one of our people rode, I felt it was best to skip it this time around! :Pr

Personally my favorite three attractions at Holiday World are Raven, Mammoth, and Wildebeest. Even though Raven was not running as well as in previous visits, I did ride it multiple times (mostly in the very front though.)
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:55 am.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:40 am

Great report!

I thought Raven was the roughest coaster in the park when we visited a few months ago and sadly that's the only time we've ever ridden it. Hopefully they do some track work and get it running a little smoother. I'd love to give it a shot when it's running a little better and see what all the hype is about with that thing because after our ride this year we totally weren't getting it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!