TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Alvey's Go To NYC and Do Some Things...

^ I guess that I never knew the char-cup pepperoni was a Buffalo thing, but that one pizza shot in Robb's report certainly looked like that was what they used. I agree that it is a lot more flavorful than regular thin, flat pepperoni.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I'll have to ask Scott as he's the pizza expert, but I don't recall him saying that style of pepperoni originated in Buffalo. I remember him saying the "curl" had something to do with the casing that was used for the pepperoni and it's usually a sign of higher quality. He said that most pizza places don't use it because it's more expensive, but you'll find it in many NYC pizzerias because they need to have higher quality to sell slices with all the competition.

I definitely have to make it to NYC to do Scott's pizza tour. Everything that you have shared in this report and others, show some outstanding looking pizza. I freaking drool every time I look at the photos!

Sorry, not meaning to come off as rude

Its OK it wasn't rude at all and I totally understand your pet peeve, I don't like people trying to plan my trips or telling me where to go either, Im genuinely sorry for coming off like I was trying to do that and sorry If I was coming off like I was underestimating your knowledge on NYC, you really have a fantastic website here and I truly enjoy all of your content, I understand your pet peeve and respect it, This was a great trip report and I cant wait for your next NYC trip report, Hope you enjoyed the trip and Im looking forward to your future trip reports no matter where! -GreatAdventurer

So When exactly is the New York Wheel scheduled to open? I do think it will provide for some pretty amazing views honestly and Im looking forward to it, I definitely need to get out to staten island more, I have been to that borough by far the least and thinking now about it especially since its so far out for me I think ive only been maybe two or three times, I really need to explore Staten Island more and think I will make getting out and exploring staten island a top priority for me