TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Two Guys, a ‘gull, and a Peninsula of Pleasure

Sounds like another successful day for both of you at Cedar Point, except for the power outage. Wonder if that's their only experience with one this season? I know down here in Cincinnati, Kings Island had a couple issues with power outages in the beginning of the season, which they seem to have fixed the issue now.

I had no idea that Cedar Point had a Tilt-a-Whirl!! That is some of the best news I have heard, makes me that much more excited for our trip coming up. I never miss riding one whenever I come across one, unfortunately they are few and far in-between it seems like.

I love the detail and the pictures from your report, helps to keep remind me to slow down and enjoy everything the parks have to offer and not just focus on the coasters.

Thank you again for taking the time to share this.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like another successful day for both of you at Cedar Point, except for the power outage. Wonder if that's their only experience with one this season? I know down here in Cincinnati, Kings Island had a couple issues with power outages in the beginning of the season, which they seem to have fixed the issue now.

I had no idea that Cedar Point had a Tilt-a-Whirl!! That is some of the best news I have heard, makes me that much more excited for our trip coming up. I never miss riding one whenever I come across one, unfortunately they are few and far in-between it seems like.

I love the detail and the pictures from your report, helps to keep remind me to slow down and enjoy everything the parks have to offer and not just focus on the coasters.

Thank you again for taking the time to share this.

you bet!

I love me a Tilt-a-Whirl too (as you may have noticed). . LOL. . the moment I discovered they had one when walking thru Camp Snoopy on Monday, it's all I wanted to ride.

and we were NOT the only adults that were in line to ride, tho most of the others waiting for the next cycle were with kiddos.

oh, don't miss Ocean Motion either.. it's way up at the front of the park, and very easy to miss if you don't come in the front gate and take an immediate right. If you're staying at Breakers, you'll likely never use the front gate. . . so mentioning it.

the Power Outage didn't affect us at all.. . we wouldn't have even been aware of it, if the Waiter hadn't mentioned it - we would have just thought it got more crowded in the front of the park. But we were riding a lot of flats Monday, so never really long waits for those anyways

Love the sight of that MF & Maverick queue being near empty! We have encountered that a couple of times and that's great when you can get off and go right back on!

Did you guys make it into any of the shows? I know that they're not Dollywood or Disney-esque style shows, but Red Garter and Lusty Lil's can be a nice stop for a rest and a drink. I thought that the BMX show in the old CP Marina/aquarium was also good when we watched it last year.

It seems like we had the same exact experience at Pink's the last time we went despite it not being busy. But our food was bland to mediocre...and not very warm.

Chickie & Pete's outdid that poor service last year when we had to sit and wait 15-20 minutes for a table despite the restaurant only at about 1/4 capacity with host and wait staff mostly walking around looking absolutely clueless, despite it being mid-June.

But those are trivial things when you think about how great the park is in general, right?

372061688_Cedar_Point_Labor_Day_2010101.jpg.79156469a28ef631cc21588f5d4b1c1e.jpg

Oh, and while we didn't get to get a photo of us with Franklin, Michael and I did get a photo of us with (I know that this is a shocker)....Peppermint Patty in 2010.

We wanted both PP AND Marcy in a photo of a coming out party celebration for them...although they might want to have their wedding outside of Camp Snoopy and over at the Breakers Bar instead, right? lol

^ The only show "show" we saw, was that rehearsal of LUMINOSITY on the Sat.night. It was run without costumes or all of the tech in place. Still a great show, with the live singing, choreography, and a few of the aerial stunts. And a curtain got caught for a while, so that was Live Theater at its best, lol. EDIT: Actually Bert might have seen something when I was on one of my "hotel breaks."

EDIT: Food at both those places were 'okay.' Nothing worth repeating IMhO. But, the fries at Cs&Ps were pretty good. And the server was friendly,

including clueing us in on what was going on outside, i.e. the power outtage.

IMG_3893.JPG.0a74974860ea0c20f96eb731646f3ed4.JPG

Great show as it was - wish I could have come back and seen it in full production the following weekend! June 3/17

Edited by Nrthwnd

Liz and her Mom talked the heck out of that BMX bike show.

but it's not really the kind of show I think either of us were up for. .

(tho the Western Themed (?) stuff. . "Red Garter & Lusty Lil's" I probably would have enjoyed.. tho I can't recall seeing ANY advertising for them, or show times listed). . . .hummmm.

I would have loved to get a Peppermint Patty picture (tho what is that thing she has on her head??. . .looks very. . . "familiar"). or Marcie too, but I was thrilled to get Franklin, and Snoopy and Sally on prior days.

the only one I bypassed was Lucy, but not a fan of her. . .

Bert and Bill, I've really enjoyed going through this report. Looks like you guys had a lovely time and met some great folks. Coastermania is on my bucket list of things to do and this made me even more determined to do it.

Thanks!

David

Did you guys make it into any of the shows? I know that they're not Dollywood or Disney-esque style shows, but Red Garter and Lusty Lil's can be a nice stop for a rest and a drink. I thought that the BMX show in the old CP Marina/aquarium was also good when we watched it last year.

Thank you, exactly!! The BMX show is awesome. It's not just bikes, scooters, and roller bladers... they have incredible trampoline artists, tumbling, and aerial acts too.

Bert if you know what's good for you, next year you're coming with us to watch it! If for no other reason than to stop me pestering you about it haha! It's only 20 minutes long anyway and is in a nice shady arena with Wicked Twister's back spike directly over the middle of the stage. Pretty cool setting. Gotta run, will comment more on this latest installment later.

Bert and Bill, I've really enjoyed going through this report. Looks like you guys had a lovely time and met some great folks. Coastermania is on my bucket list of things to do and this made me even more determined to do it.

Thanks!

David

we really did.

the Monday in the park was just "cake" to pick up anything we missed and/or wanted to re-ride.

but crowds were so light on Coastermania! day (and we/I rode so much with Liz and her Mom), that I didn't feel the need to "rush" any of the rest of the time.

highly recommend Coastermania! (and stay the next day and get FastLane +).

the only one I bypassed was Lucy, but not a fan of her. . .

You can go ahead and say what we're all thinking, Bert...she's a spoiled lil' bitch!

I actually told Sally, and the next day I told Snoopy, that I "didn't want a picture with Lucy because she's a bitch"

I think it may have been the same actor in the suits on both days, as the reaction was the same. . LOL

(and yes, I made sure there were no kids around when I told them this).

I was so excited to see Franklin, that I didn't mention Lucy to him.

Thank you, exactly!! The BMX show is awesome. It's not just bikes, scooters, and roller bladers... they have incredible trampoline artists, tumbling, and aerial acts too.

Bert if you know what's good for you, next year you're coming with us to watch it! If for no other reason than to stop me pestering you about it haha! It's only 20 minutes long anyway and is in a nice shady arena with Wicked Twister's back spike directly over the middle of the stage. Pretty cool setting. Gotta run, will comment more on this latest installment later.

not sure I'll be able to make it next year. . . but who knows??. . . maybe you can talk me into it

^^

^ They have had that BMX show at the old Oceana for years, but last year was the first time that we have ever watched it. I admit that it was a pleasant surprise - and yes, a good place to get some shade later in the day with a great view of WT.

^^

^ They have had that BMX show at the old Oceana for years, but last year was the first time that we have ever watched it. I admit that it was a pleasant surprise - and yes, a good place to get some shade later in the day with a great view of WT.

to be honest, I didn't need the shade, I was enjoying the mild weather.

the theater looked a bit abandoned too.. . how weird that it used to be a Dolphin show, you said?

still a bit sad we didn't see any advertising for some of the shows. ..would have been fun. Oh well, maybe next time if I get to go back.

(by the way, working on my Tuesday, short, flying-home update. Likely will get that up tomorrow, and then my TR will be done. .tho I think Bill might have some pics from Monday still to add).

^ Yes, I do have a few, to add on our last day at the park! First, I'll post

just the early morning sights we came across, when entering during that

"One Hour Early Entry" time. Fog was still rolling through the park, so I

managed to get a few photos of a coaster or two....

IMG_3977.JPG.313a8d5b17a79662975751fa584a2031.JPG

IMG_3978.JPG.a7df0b69da156f3ac50a0d3da3ea8e80.JPG

IMG_3979.JPG.859a8520f1a7e40380d76716707dc260.JPG

IMG_3981.JPG.07b461ce274a43a1f78a33839152488f.JPG

A sexy curve.

IMG_3982.JPG.dad1ac1be20e094713ca565c1f62f672.JPG

(To be continued...)

(To be continued...)

"Our Last Day at Cedar Point"

But first - a note about the All Day Dining Plan...

At first, this was a great deal to me, I had figured out that we could "snack" using this plan, seven times before the day ended!

But unfortunately, I fast realized, I was just not used to "snacking" every 90 minutes or so. So, I got through only 3 times on the Plan. And in

hindsight, the wristband should have been put on Bert, and then he would have more options for eating, after I called it an early night.

But - you learn as you go, right?

And the reviews of the 3 we ate at:

PINK's - the chili dog was a mass of 'stuff' on it. And my only concern was the bun. They didn't toast it (which would have helped hold

everything together IMhO). So it was soft, and sagged under the weight of everything in it. But - and this was the first of the three - the

side was more than great: onion circles, big and crispy. The fries were great at the other spots too.

Chickie's & Pete's - It was a 1/2 of a 1/2 Philly Cheese steak. And it was good. But the crab fries were excellent! They were good enough,

that we really didn't use their cheese dipping sauce that much. The server was very nice and chatty, along with letting us know WTF was going

on with all the traffic suddenly HUGE at the front of the park (the power outtage).

Frontier Inn - Where I found out I am NOT a fan of buffalo flavoured anything! The chicken tenders I ordered were covered in the sauce

and turned out to be more than I could take. The breading also seemed to be a repeat of what I found at the Midway Market, with it's

chicken tenders, also thick in the breading. The fries again, were really good. But, that was it for me and the All Day Dining Pass. And I

didn't even take a photo of the food. I was OD'd on food by then.

Dragster never got ridden this day. Our timing was terrible with it, where we'd be in the queue and then it would go down, and then it would

be a question of "how long do we stay here for it," which never worked for me. But, I got at least two rides on it throughout our visit, so I wasn't

really complaining about it. But between it and Maverick, one's work was cut out for you, waiting times wise. We did get rides on both, and all

the other coasters in the park, including that elusive Snoopy coaster during CoatserMania! ERT at night.

Bert really got into his Wonder Woman "coin pushing" arcade game. And he ended up giving me this sweet little pink piggy bank. But MY $CORE

during this time in the arcade, was a $20 bill found on the ground, with nobody else picking it up! And for my "3 numbers thing", this is the

second time at a Cedar Fair park (my first was a $20 in Knott's back in Sept.) I picked up the same $20 bill off the ground! So who knows where

my third Cedar Fair money score will be. Stay tuned....

We did go together back to the hotel for a brief rest, then got back into the park for our final hours there. A good number of flat rides ridden,

some of the coaster repeated, a "no thank you" to the up charge ($5) for the dinosaur walk-through exhibit (which I agree with Bert, could have

been a perk with being a hotel guest. Just scan the hotel key card, and we would have been good.), but checked out the gift shop anyway.

All the flat rides were fun to ride with Bert, and having more cocktails at the end of the evening was a nice ending to our stay here at Cedar Point.

Here's my photos of the rest of our day at Cedar Point...

And ~ a note about #whatsintheshed - there's a golden opportunity here, for Cedar Point to capitalize on what Kings Island did, with their

Mystic Timbers coaster. And this "shed" is already in place, for the mine coaster,, and just needs to be better enclosed, tunnels into it and out of it,

up to the lift hill, and a good selection of lighting and mapping packages to make the transfer track and work buildings a #whatsinthisshed

in it's own right!

IMG_3983.JPG.f800e56ece60b005e5983880ae832a8a.JPG

I was in a "Lucy" kind of mood, here. (Not really.)

IMG_3988.JPG.5b2350b3fb1f0151696b150ae3e5cee2.JPG

Bert rides Enterprise.

IMG_3989.JPG.5b81c54d8f9b601685dd8174976e1742.JPG

I watch.

IMG_3990.JPG.76d228b6464be64d3f5c95ed2864c39d.JPG

I'm sure this sign will be coming down, soon. Or become a park "Easter Egg" of some kind. (o;

IMG_3991.JPG.75393c1549a7ea0cd37e1a96cb63b5f2.JPG

A twist!

IMG_3994.JPG.07d974d49142cd6e61029e3af3e2198b.JPG

In the queue for MF.

IMG_3995.JPG.8f4921258ac741587b376b2f571c18a8.JPG

I see you!

IMG_3996.JPG.dc8e2c0be1d63d72cd4b65a3dbbafa53.JPG

From up here on the Sky Ride, it's "Cedar Point, Backstage."

IMG_3997.JPG.85c3780a79af32eca874242c8efa9ef0.JPG

Our first Dining Plan destination.

IMG_3998.JPG.f87e79ec52b1586aadfd91be1446927b.JPG

Dining Plan #1 - The chili hot dog was 'okay.' Onion "circles" were awesome!

IMG_3999.JPG.edbe096970f06ab18c0a20c96b63b3d6.JPG

Bert! Keep your eyes on the road. Don't run into Valravn!

IMG_4000.JPG.c0fbc0a37d4b6adc1b84bb4b803c92da.JPG

Noted.

IMG_4004.JPG.2994002b65deb2238f94d713d8c313f3.JPG

Bert riding Cedar Downs for the umpteenth time.

IMG_4006.JPG.67de0dd594d6ec525099b6b06b73f5e8.JPG

While I waited, "the parade passed by".

IMG_4007.JPG.5d28e403d08f6c32b1de59d1d609b143.JPG

Found this in the arcade Don't know what else to say about it.

IMG_4008.JPG.3b3c08c6f1dcdb15d3642a1292e574ce.JPG

Dining plan #2 - The 1/4 Cheese Steak was nice. Crab fries were great!

IMG_4009.JPG.847cb50f00df42cbc39c968c492cfe44.JPG

A nice, clean corkscrew shot.

IMG_4011.JPG.d5aa3b00523847a802bf7226393b2c3e.JPG

Noted.

IMG_4013.JPG.5d6a38469e9a8a02c892992a2598e061.JPG

So #whatsinthisshed ?

IMG_4014.JPG.c95b8bcc989439f7c39fe8a9d920a163.JPG

Nothing right now. But something could happen in there.

IMG_4017.JPG.b1d9320e8883f3eb30efb02a44f5e837.JPG

Inside the park's Museum. WHEE...L.

IMG_4019.JPG.ba4769647bcbd6fd2dec1d5afb52c4e6.JPG

What Mean Streak used to look like.

IMG_4020.JPG.6c6397f6eb9873357c49241b570c6708.JPG

Burn it down. That's all I can say about it.

IMG_4021.JPG.52d6d6c9f32200cc9f7c0e0311d3545f.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG.6d4959894b3156db2762e38c2feb4ee0.JPG

So there's this shot.

IMG_4024.JPG.40781ab1ef9e5ea80d4355eaf2f6183e.JPG

And this shot. People in the blue train don't seem to mind.

IMG_4025.JPG.119a122aa8baec61de3d30890f91d3b1.JPG

A plate breaker's dream arcade game! So many breakable souvenirs!

IMG_4026.JPG.b0096e5347786ba7ff8539525f3293b9.JPG

IMG_4027.JPG.ab6ccfa5b60943522b2cb9c55bcf6a8e.JPG

Special horses.

IMG_4034.JPG.b7b41c75e6aa8a4eb8766ca5505e9b28.JPG

IMG_4035-.JPG.c9a16c51bd6e7511e6aa3683c55608e6.JPG

Last shot of the visit. )o:

just to point out, I spent the whole trip at CP, wearing my Alpina Blitz hat, that i got from a "TPR Bag o Crap" I won a couple of years ago.

so tho I had my Club TPR shirt with me on the trip (didn't wear it tho ). . TPR was with me in spirit the whole time.

img_3999_1.jpg.4d35cae3c52ef38dd09b6ba661b9266d.jpg

img_4004_5.jpg.bacdf4526218e0749808f3e9a872e2f6.jpg

^ I don't remember you ever taking that cap off, except to stuff under your shirt (like myself)

on a few of the coasters. And maybe on a few flats, too.

CedarPointcap.jpg.2684cddd19f1386b0706e808a0bf3a3c.jpg

Not the cap I bought at the park. But this is for Pride Weekend.

Happy Pride Everybody! (o:

^ I don't remember you ever taking that cap off, except to stuff under your shirt (like myself)

on a few of the coasters. And maybe on a few flats, too.

I took it off in the hotel

Wow you guys really did get ERT on all of the Intamins then. Wilderness run looked like an above average kiddie coaster when I passed by.

not really. . just a basic figure 8, I'd say.

but historically? the 1st Intamin, and a hard credit to actually get . . . and it did have a little pop of air over the mid course hill.

^ And riding it after midnight, was even more cool, than just riding it during the daytime.

You couldn't make it out much, from the main pathway going by it. And even in front of the

entryway, it was still not easily seen, except for the station. Which was also cool!

IMG_3813.JPG.c2772b0ebd4f40f78a4920c6820a906b.JPG

The station was lit, and not much else.

IMG_3814.JPG.04f33b5ea87e9df1d1bbe7ff46ee2d03.JPG

And this on-ride photo salesperson, as well as those ride ops on the station, were really nice and appeared to have a good time,

trying to fit us into those tiny cars, LOL. I remember some laughs, jokes and enthusiastic yelling for our two laps of the course. (o;

It was really a fun, fun way to get a credit. And yes, we were all whores about it. But we didn't need the kids either, HA! :p

Edited by Nrthwnd

Wilderness run looked like an above average kiddie coaster when I passed by.

I actually kind of laughed at all the excited enthusiasts clamoring to ride it! I rode it as a kid, and currently have it ranked as 233 out of 233 coasters! (Though really, it's probably better than Son of Beast and SFGAdv's GASM because at least it didn't try to kill me!) Probably the lamest kiddie credit I've ever ridden though...