Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout! Grand Opening!

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout! Grand Openi

Postby UnkropCro » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:23 am

The ride looks very cool, but I'm so amazed by how well made these decorations and costumes are.

I wouldn't be opposed to Marvel Land at all.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby wmay » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:31 am

Aesthetically I still think it's a bit of a miss, but ride-wise it looks like a hit. More fun than the previous version at least. And as long as the Florida version gets to keep the Twilight Zone theme I'm good.
Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby kenban » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:01 am

cfc wrote:^I imagine "Hollywoodland" is going to be "Marvel Land" someday.

I like it that each version of ToT is unique--the Guardians of the Galaxy makeover looks like a lot of fun.

The contract with Universal Orlando prevents the use of the name Marvel. Which is why Disneyland just refers to the Marvel events in generic terms like the "Disneyland Super Heroes Half Marathon".

I want to see this in person. The building looks decent although I think I might still prefer the original. I am interested in seeing what other Marvel rides will be built.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:30 pm

kenban wrote:The contract with Universal Orlando prevents the use of the name Marvel. Which is why Disneyland just refers to the Marvel events in generic terms like the "Disneyland Super Heroes Half Marathon."

I was under the impression that the contract with Universal/Marvel was limited to the Florida parks. But then again, it's been a while since I've heard it from a reliable source.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby kenban » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:55 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:
kenban wrote:The contract with Universal Orlando prevents the use of the name Marvel. Which is why Disneyland just refers to the Marvel events in generic terms like the "Disneyland Super Heroes Half Marathon."

I was under the impression that the contract with Universal/Marvel was limited to the Florida parks. But then again, it's been a while since I've heard it from a reliable source.

I have read the contract a few times due to discussions on forums. So I am half way familiar with it. Link to the contract

But here is the relevant text.

East or West of The Mississippi - permitted uses shall be limited to the use of specific Marvel characters and Marvel may not permit a licensee to use the name “Marvel” as part of the attraction name or marketing.

There are other restrictions as well but that is the reason Disneyland cannot use the name Marvel.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Wingwright » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:20 pm

That was a well made video. Great work!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kyleds108 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:38 am

kenban wrote:
CaptainUnknown wrote:

I have read the contract a few times due to discussions on forums. So I am half way familiar with it. Link to the contract

But here is the relevant text.

East or West of The Mississippi - permitted uses shall be limited to the use of specific Marvel characters and Marvel may not permit a licensee to use the name “Marvel” as part of the attraction name or marketing.

There are other restrictions as well but that is the reason Disneyland cannot use the name Marvel.

So then have a generically named 'Super Hero BLVD' with Marvel attractions. Seems like an easy work around.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!