Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 US Adventures

First time visit to Six Flags Great America
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 US Adventures

Postby Vonni » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:56 pm

MIAfan88 wrote:MI Adventure has a great water park, that is missing a solid drop capsule or better ProSlide. The dry section is 2 or 3 quality thrill rides away and a more quality steel coaster. If those 4-6 attractions are added, this park is worth being visited every year.

A true assessment, but I just don't see it happening. Unfortunately.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:13 pm

I could very well see Michigan's Adventure getting some kind of drop tower since they're one of the largest parks in the country without one. That would give the park one thrill ride. A good steel coasters seems further out unfortunately based on the rate that Cedar Fair has been adding rides to the park.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Fury 325, Millennium Force, Twisted Colossus, Skyrush, Superman the Ride
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Holiday World

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coasternut » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:34 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:It's Phoenix in layout only. As long as you don't go in expecting the same kind of ride, you'll probably come off satisfied like me. The park seems to take really good care of their woodies which is refreshing from a larger corporate park.

Got it, I'll have low expectations...
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby The Great Zo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:54 am

Canobie Coaster wrote: I love this game even though I'm pretty awful at it.

Wait, is there a strategy for Fascination? :lmao:

Glad that wasn't closed, even if half the rest of the park was. Indiana Beach could be such a great place, but it's got so much work that needs done.
-- Andy

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:20 am

Haha true. I go with throw balls in as fast as possible and pray. Not sure if people can actually aim them.

If Indiana Beach improved their operations, I think they could be a smaller version of Knoebels in terms of their wooden coasters, weird rides, and long flat cycles.
Top 5 Steel- Fury 325, Millennium Force, Twisted Colossus, Skyrush, Superman the Ride

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:47 am

Better operations would raise Indiana Beach from being just an "oddity" (a "boardwalk" in the wilds of Indiana) to a first-rate park. That being said, you can still have fun there.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:03 am

Me and my wife enjoyed our time at Indiana Beach last summer. Sadly Lost coaster was closed. Steel Hawg was a blast and Cornball was not to shabby either. They only have a couple water slides but they are crazy fast and sketchy. The also have a crazy sketchy lazy river that my wife called the crazy river because the currents around those hairpin turns.
1.Maverick 2.Lighting Run 3.Fury 4.Afterburn 5.Raptor 6.GoliathSFGAM 7. Storm Chaster 8.Thunderhawk 9.Raging Bull 10.Shivering Timbers 11.Millennium Force

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Rai Fox » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:48 am

Pear wrote:I love Lake Compounce and can't wait to get out and try Wildcat when it opens later. It will definitely take a while before the entire park is connected with a loop but hopefully we get a coaster that utilizes the lake later on.

Is there any reason for Down Time's topper to be gone this year? I hope it returns soon.

A bit late on this one but the original yellow topper was damaged by a winter storm; it was starting to look pretty faded, anyway. It's been replaced by a new blue topper now that looks quite a bit nicer, IMO. I should have thought to snap a picture, but I'm sure someone will get one soon enough.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:04 am

cfc wrote:Better operations would raise Indiana Beach from being just an "oddity" (a "boardwalk" in the wilds of Indiana) to a first-rate park. That being said, you can still have fun there.

I agree the park was a lot of fun, but it's disappointing knowing they could have been so much better.

grsupercity wrote:Me and my wife enjoyed our time at Indiana Beach last summer. Sadly Lost coaster was closed. Steel Hawg was a blast and Cornball was not to shabby either. They only have a couple water slides but they are crazy fast and sketchy. The also have a crazy sketchy lazy river that my wife called the crazy river because the currents around those hairpin turns.

Haha the water park sounds about right after experiencing the ride park. I thought the speed slides I saw looked really awkward.

Rai Fox wrote:
Pear wrote:I love Lake Compounce and can't wait to get out and try Wildcat when it opens later. It will definitely take a while before the entire park is connected with a loop but hopefully we get a coaster that utilizes the lake later on.

Is there any reason for Down Time's topper to be gone this year? I hope it returns soon.

A bit late on this one but the original yellow topper was damaged by a winter storm; it was starting to look pretty faded, anyway. It's been replaced by a new blue topper now that looks quite a bit nicer, IMO. I should have thought to snap a picture, but I'm sure someone will get one soon enough.

It did look cool being naked for a while but I'm glad they got a new topper.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:16 pm

I was in the Indiana area last week for work and was tempted to head up to Indiana Beach as, on my last visit (last August), they were having serious operations issues too and I didn't get to ride Cornball or Lost Coaster. The park has a ton of character and I can see why it's so popular with enthusiasts, so, hopefully, they can get it running optimally in the near future. The haunted castle was indeed great (I assume you're talking about the drop platform?), and I fully agree with the description of Steel Hawg's drop; it looks totally gut-wrenching but is surprisingly tame.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!