TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Roller Coasters in the RAW Blu-Ray Poll

Would you be SERIOUSLY INTERESTED in another Roller Coasters in the RAW Blu-Ray?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be SERIOUSLY INTERESTED in another Roller Coasters in the RAW Blu-Ray?

• Yes! I would buy it immediately!

Hey, I'm fairly new to the forum but I would say no go on my end, when it comes to physical media, I'm pretty much someone who doesn't even own a DVD or Blu Ray player unless it works on my PS3 (not 4, 3).

Hope I help with the polling.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, based on the feedback already I can tell you that it's not looking likely that there will be another Roller Coaster in the RAW. If we can't even get 50 people interested, honestly it's not worth our time and effort. Those take a CONSIDERABLE amount of effort to put together and so far we have 17 people who would want one, and my past experience tells me 30% of those people would flake out when it comes time to buy.

If we had like 75-80 people were all "ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY I WANT IT!!!" then SOLD! I'd do it. But as I suspected, the demand is no longer there. And that's fine. I'm at least glad I asked!

Thank you everyone for your feedback!

(and LOL to the idiot guy in this thread we had to ban over something so incredibly stupid!)

I know I'm too late for the poll too (even though I still put my vote in) but I would buy a DVD version. My kids love watching Roller Coaster POVs and videos in the background while they play around the house. It's a lot easier to put a DVD on for them then having YouTube on because they know how to use the controller to change to videos they shouldn't be watching on YouTube.

That being said, I still have every Roller Coaster in the RAW DVD and some of the old school TPR Coaster Expedition videos I still put on the TV for them to watch every now and then. Oh, and don't forget the short run of JimmyBo and Friends DVDs!

Jimmy "I'll watch TPR videos wherever they are shown...unless its up someone's butt" Bo

Nope, considering that everything rollercoaster and theme park related is on Youtube these days.

Plus, I can't remember the last time I bought a DVD/Blue Ray or even used a DVD/Blue Ray player. Everything movie/tv show related is on my PLEX server.

Now if you offered it as a digital download, maybe, but even then it would be a tough sell because of Youtube.

No. YouTube has become a great platform for streaming video. I am fine with the videos you post on YouTube. Making a playlist of all the Coasters in the Raw videos would make it as if it was made into a comprehensive Blu-Ray or DVD format. I can make my own playlist customizing what I want to see continuously.

I would deffinately want to buy it, more as a merchandise thing though. The videos themselves can be found on you tube so easily these days on your channel, as well as 360 videos, that there is little need. Especially now with smart TV's, where you can watch the 4K videos on the TV! I would buy it, but I probably would not watch it much. I know that for many who are no so much into rollercoasters and like TPR, they would prefer to get the free videos off You Tube. Back 8 years ago, the humble DVD was the only way of getting high quality videos across to people, so even less enthusiastic people would buy them to watch your videos.

It would be interesting to release it, and see if it takes off. If I was you, in your situation, I would not make another one, but I would still want one to come out, and would try to buy one.

Hope that makes sense.

It sounds like the matter's been decided, but I've always been one who's been big on the physical copy, as my kids love to watch them on the big screen that way. Yeah, I know it's still possible through YouTube, and they've done it that way too. But the DVD's were super convenient, and I have the whole collection thus far! So yeah, if there were another release, I'd definitely buy it, even on BluRay for $20. I'm just old school I guess!

It sounds like the matter's been decided

Yeah, sorry, it has. I would have needed an overwhelming OMG YES response for this to happen. Honestly, this is what I was expecting, but it's always nice to ask the questions just in case we were missing some bit of information.

Regardless, thanks to everyone for the support!

If there was a download option for a new Roller Coasters in the Raw or Coaster Expedition that I could use my Club TPR credits on I'd totally get it, but I probably wouldn't buy a physical Blu Ray copy (and definitely not a DVD).

Though streaming media that is stored online is convenient, I find it a travesty that physical media is dying like it is. The internet is hurting everything, including bowling and billiards. But that is a different story.

I will always support physical media. I own over 1,200 CDs as well as hundreds of DVDs and Blu-Rays. People think I'm crazy to spend that money when I can get the stuff online for free. But there are several reasons why.

It is a good feeling to know that physical media is mine with a one-time purchase. And said media that is in digital disc form, be it CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, etc, will likely last me the rest of my life.

Almost all playback devices are still backward compatible, so I don't see myself ever being stuck without a device to play any of these, especially compact discs.

I'm glad to know I will still be able to listen to my music or watch my videos if circumstances arise where I won't have access to the internet. i.e. I may have financial struggles that may cause me to discontinue internet and/or cell phone subscriptions. Or I msy eventually move to a desolate region where internet and wireless signals aren't readily available. Cell phones don't work in portions of the Rocky Mountains for instance. And given the instability in the world right now, I would not want to become completely reliant on "the cloud" that could be vulnerable to possibly wiped out (partially or completely, though unlikely) by cyber attacks.

I like being able to hold the physical media and artwork in my hand. But there's nothing to show for online streaming. And it is nice to have a physical library.

I love technology and how it makes our lives easier, but at the same time, I still miss when things were simpler. Just last night, I was watching old promos for VHS and BETA and feeling melancholy. Stuff was built so much better in those days. I have left analogue tape behind, but I'm going to hold onto various digital disc formats as long as possible.

I know this is a lot of dribble, but perhaps it will cause a few people to change their minds.

If there was a download option for a new Roller Coasters in the Raw or Coaster Expedition that I could use my Club TPR credits on I'd totally get it, but I probably wouldn't buy a physical Blu Ray copy (and definitely not a DVD).

The biggest issue with this is that it takes almost the same effort to do a downloadable version as it does a physical version. So if I don't have a lot of incentive to do a physical version that would make it worth my while, a free downloadable version is even further away from happening! (just being honest!)

The unfortunate reality of this is that there is going to be a finite number of things that those Club TPR credits are good for and if you've been a member of Club TPR you probably also know that the exclusive videos we did for Club members also went over about as well as this poll did. So at some point in the future I probably just need to remove that benefit, but I guess it's still nice for people who are finding the site for the first time and haven't ever downloaded anything.

Though streaming media that is stored online is convenient, I find it a travesty that physical media is dying like it is. I will always support physical media.

See, it's funny. I feel exactly the opposite. I support having physical media for "retro" things when that media was the only way that content was delivered, but for modern stuff, I can't stand it.

Case in point: I bought a Nintendo Switch bundle that came with a bunch of physical games. I immediately sold all of them and downloaded the digital versions. There was just no reason at all for me to have these physical cartridges and cases that took up space and could get lost. I'd much rather have it all on one system and not have to look for the carts to swap them out.

Same thing with the WiiU. It annoys me to no end when a game is physical media ONLY and I have to go looking for the disc or something....

I still miss when things were simpler.

Isn't it "simpler" now with everything being digital? Using a video game again as an example, Isn't it "simpler" to turn on your device and click the content you want? How is it "simpler" to have to turn on your device, go looking for the content you want to use from a shelf, grab that item off the shelf, open it up, take the media out of the case, eject the media that's currently in the device, put that media back in the case, put that case back on the shelf, insert the new media into the device, wait for it to load up, and then start your game?

And to get that content in the first place, I don't have to get in my car, drive to a store, get out of my car, walk into the store, go browsing for the item that I want, hope that they have the item that I want, go look for a customer service clerk that has a key to the cabinet in which my content is locked into, wait for them to come over and unlock it, get the game I want, take it to the check out, stand in line at the cashier, pay for the item, walk back out to my car, get in my car and drive home, get home and unwrap the item, and then read the paragraph above.

All I have to do now is go to the online Nintendo Store, tap the item I want and use the saved credit card information on file and BAM! The game starts downloading to my system.

How is it more "simple" having physical media? Sorry I just don't grasp the concept that you're speaking about.

Edited by robbalvey

And just to give you an idea of how much I actually DO support "physical media" of the past...

IMG_3512.thumb.JPG.a27e2306b183c55cca54b60028519201.JPG

IMG_3510.thumb.JPG.c0aad6741278a6297cb01cbce0484521.JPG

IMG_3511.thumb.JPG.c4f60b911dfc9b85f2d92a1c1e8d360f.JPG

That is just part of my collection of retro games...

...Although as I say that, I realize I still play 95% of my retro games on my RetroPie where I have them all digitally stored!

Capture.thumb.png.b7b09e3fb9bdea4ca038da5714a42ba4.png

Edited by robbalvey

I'd be totally up for another run of the coasters in the raw. I mean, I still have all my physical copies of tours and the raw series. It's always nice to just bang a disc in and sit and watch, I have fun with it as well turning my couch into an 18 wheeler type bouncy truck seat imagining all the airtime.

Love the colecovision games! Coleco, and intellivision used to occupy most of my days when I was younger.

Intellivision...wow, that's a blast from the past!

My friend used to have Odyssey, which was the sh%t until my parents bought me Coleco Vision and then it was like I was like the cool kid on the block...for like a couple of months until the Atari 5200 came out.