TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

June-July Coaster Trip

I've almost booked all of my hotels, so for now, I think it would be good to get some help early on strategies at these parks. I'll list them all in detail.

Tuesday, May 30th - Busch Gardens Tampa

Here is my current schedule for the park. I will be staying there all day.

1. Cheetah Hunt

2. Montu

3. Cobra's Curse

4. Kumba

5. SheiKra

6. Scorpion

7. Sand Serpent

8. Air Grover

SeaWorld Orlando and Fun Spot have relatively simple plans so I really won't need much help there lol

Friday, June 2nd - Carowinds

Current schedule. Again, if it's not too good, please tell me what to change. We will spend a full day here.

1. Nighthawk

2-4. Kiddie credits

5. Afterburn

6. Ricochet

7. Vortex

8. Fury 325

9. Intimidator

10. Flying Cobras

11. Carolina Goldrusher

12. Carolina Cyclone

13. Hurler

Sunday, June 4th - Dollywood

Current schedule. Again, if it's not too good, please tell me what to change. We will spend a full day here.

1. Lightning Rod

2. Blazing Fury

3. Tennessee Tornado

4. FireChaser Express

5. Wild Eagle

6. Mystery Mine

7. Whistle Punk Chaser

8. Thunderhead

Holiday World really doesn't need any help with a schedule either.

Wednesday, June 7th - Kings Island

1. Mystic Timbers

2-4. Kiddie credits

5. Beast

6. Diamondback

7. Backlot Stunt Coaster

8. Vortex

9. Flight of Fear

10. Firehawk

11. Racer

12. Adventure Express

13. Invertigo

14. Bat

15. Banshee

Friday, June 9th - Cedar Point

1. Maverick

2. Millennium Force

3. Iron Dragon

4. Top Thrill Dragster

5. Magnum XL-200

6. Valravn

7. Blue Streak

8. GateKeeper

9. Wicked Twister

10. Raptor

11. Rougarou

12. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

13. Gemini

14. Woodstock Express

15. Corkscrew

Monday, June 12th - Six Flags Great Adventure

1. Joker

2. Kingda Ka

3. El Toro

4. Bizarro

5. Runaway Mine Train

6. Green Lantern

7. Superman - Ultimate Flight

8. Batman The Ride

9. Dark Knight

10. Nitro

11. Roadrunner Railway

12. Skull Mountain

13. Harley Quinn's Crazy Train

Wednesday, June 14th - Six Flags New England

1. Superman The Ride

2. Gotham City Gauntlet

3. Catwoman's Whip

5. Joker

6. Mind Eraser

7. Batman - The Dark Knight

8. Thunderbolt

9. Goliath

10. Flashback

11. Wicked Cyclone

12. Pandemonium

13. Great Chase

- - - - -

Here are the parks that I was originally going to visit, but will be cut due to costs (both saving for others or no good hotels around)

- Kentucky Kingdom

- Kings Dominion

- Lake Compounce

I would like any schedule changes, or any seats for the best possible ride on any of these coasters. Thanks!

Edited by Skittles

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've almost booked all of my hotels, so for now, I think it would be good to get some help early on strategies at these parks. I'll list them all in detail.

Tuesday, June 27th - Busch Gardens Tampa

1. Cheetah Hunt

2. Montu

3. Cobra's Curse

4. Kumba

5. SheiKra

6. Scorpion

7. Sand Serpent

8. Air Grover

I'd suggest the following changes:

1. Cheetah Hunt

2. Cobra's Curse

3. Montu

4. back to Cheetah Hunt

5. back to Montu

take wilderness trail (you're there all day, Tampa is about the animals too!) over to Falcon's Fury area

6: Scorpion

7: Sand Serpent (if it's open. . it's right across the "street" from Scorpion)

8: Falcon's Fury - DON'T miss this amazing drop tower

9: Kumba

10: ShiekRa X 4 (it never has a line, and can wait for last on the "coasters").

we really, really enjoyed the train thru the Serengeti (and right under ShiekRa), the sky-buckets, and the rapids. (tho we thought the flume was just so-so).

as I said, Tampa is about the animals, so the Lion trail, and the Gorilla Trails are also worth going thru. As are the birds and the Kangaroos.

Okay, this is too easy...

I honestly feel like you guys all got together and decided to make up a fake itinerary from a fake account with 22 posts where it's absurdly easy to take I-80 through Pennsylvania and inexplicably left out the single greatest amusement park in America with plenty of spare time between parks just to see how long it would take me to show up.

Come on, what is it? A cash bet? A drinking game? What? Lol

In all seriousness though, WTF are you doing? Here, you're welcome. Don't let it happen again.

The only two on your list I've been to are Kings Island and Cedar Point.

Kings Island:

You've listed three children's coasters, but keep in mind that to ride Great Pumpkin Coaster, you need to either be a child or ride with a child. If that's not you, don't worry, it's nothing to be excited about anyway. Woodstock Express and Flying Ace Aerial Chase are legit.

Otherwise, your itinerary looks fine, except you'll want to go back to the Beast at the end of the day for the best roller coaster experience of your life.

Cedar Point:

I wouldn't prioritize Iron Dragon too early; it's got good capacity and the line moves quickly. I'd prioritize Maverick, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Valravn, then head to the back of the park and work back to front. Save all the stuff at the front for last; they're mostly high capacity B&Ms, except for Wicked Twister.

Make sure to budget for a Fast Lane. You may need it at Kings Island; you're almost certain to need it at Cedar Point.

:lol:

Okay, this is too easy...

I honestly feel like you guys all got together and decided to make up a fake itinerary from a fake account with 22 posts where it's absurdly easy to take I-80 through Pennsylvania and inexplicably left out the single greatest amusement park in America with plenty of spare time between parks just to see how long it would take me to show up.

Come on, what is it? A cash bet? A drinking game? What? Lol

In all seriousness though, WTF are you doing? Here, you're welcome. Don't let it happen again.

I completely forgot about Knoebels. Thanks for this! I'll probably have to add this in, since it's pay per ride

An awesome trip! Have you been to any of these parks before? That would change some of my strategies. Visiting in the prime of summer, your bound to run into crowds somewhere. Cedar Point will be very challenging/frustrating/maddening on the Friday/Saturday your visiting without Fast Lane.

Kentucky Kingdom. Out of State pricing was $25 last year, incredible deal. I was able to ride all the coasters in half a day and then made it for 3:00pm starlite admission to Holiday World (they are an hour behind also!). I easily rode all HW's coasters that evening and then spent the next day in the famous Water Park. Lightning Run and Storm Chaser are not to be missed!

At Six Flags New England I recommend doing wicked cyclone first. The line for that can get really long and moves pretty slow while superman's can also get pretty long but they almost always have 2 trains going with fast dispatches.

Tuesday, June 27th - Busch Gardens Tampa

1. Cheetah Hunt

2. Montu

3. Cobra's Curse

4. Kumba

5. SheiKra

6. Scorpion

7. Sand Serpent

8. Air Grover

You may want to just do the park in order (to the right/counter-clockwise). The 3 B&Ms are people eaters so their lines won't be too crazy compared to the others.

I would do:

1. Cheetah Hunt (EVERYONE still seems to go here first. So riding it first is best as it's line gets longer throughout the day)

2. Cobra's Curse (Line will be longer than Montu most likely and has a tendency to have TD so ride when you get to it)

3. Montu

Go through Edge Of Africa to get to Nairobi to avoid backtracking getting to Pantopia.

>>>Do Falcon's Fury if you like drop towers....it's THE BEST

4. Scorpion (It has 1 train operation...line will move slow even on slow days)

5. Sand Serpent (If it's reopened by then/no reopen date known. VERY LOW CAPACITY)

6. Kumba

7. SheiKra

8. Air Grover.

Unless you are in a hurry you should have time to go back and re-ride any favorites. I usually finish the day off at Montu or Cheetah Hunt before leaving the park.

Friday, June 30th - Carowinds

1. Nighthawk

2-4. Kiddie credits

5. Afterburn

6. Ricochet

7. Vortex

8. Fury 325

9. Intimidator

10. Flying Cobras

11. Carolina Goldrusher

12. Carolina Cyclone

13. Hurler

If you've never been to the park, this is what I would suggest. Whatever you decide on however, be sure to ride Intimidator before Fury 325...you'll thank me and anyone else who suggests it. Generally the dry park isn't as crowded as the water park either (except on Saturdays & holidays).

1. Nighthawk (Keep it first as the lines even on a slow day are horrid)

2. Lucy's Crabbie Cabbie

3. Woodstock Express

4. Flying Ace Aerial Chase

5. Flying Cobras (Low Capacity)

6. Ricochet (Extremely Low Capacity)

7. Carolina Goldrusher

8. Afterburn (Will likely not have a huge line...people eater so no need to rush to it)

9. Intimidator

10. Vortex

11. Carolina Cylcone

12. Hurler

13. Fury 325

OR You can wait and do the kiddie rides AFTER Afterburn depending on when/where you plan to have lunch or crowds.

Sunday, July 2nd - Dollywood

1. Lightning Rod

2. Blazing Fury

3. Tennessee Tornado

4. FireChaser Express

5. Wild Eagle

6. Mystery Mine

7. Whistle Punk Chaser

8. Thunderhead

I honestly wouldn't change a thing other than be sure ride some of the other great rides, take in the scenery and get some Cinnamon Bread