Robb & Elissa in the UAE - 2017! Dubai & Abu Dhabi!

P. 12 - IMG Worlds of Adventure Part 1!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Robb & Elissa in the UAE - 2017! Dubai & Abu Dhabi!

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Philrad71 wrote:I used to own that game on Coleco Vision along with Donkey Kong and Zaxxon.

And I still do! :P
IMG_3023.JPG

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mikeykaise » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:00 pm

:nina: :nina: :nina:

We had one of those when I was growing up. The step-mom took it when my Dad divorced her, man I loved that thing!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby XII » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Nice Photo TR. Dubai looks awesome and I'll hopefully get there soon enough. Looking forward to the rest of the Trip Report.
Just because yours is smaller doesn't make you less of a man. Unless we're talking about your brain.
http://www.incrediblecoasters.com

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Dubai looks amazing! That's another place I'd love to go sometime.
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:49 am

Elissa, if you don't mind me asking, but Robb's last picture has me curious, you obviously loved it there, was there anything that needed to be avoided or where you were uncomfortable/worried?

Dubai is really high on my list of places to go but I think my wife is always a little worried about. You read articles occasionally of horror stories that I just ignore but I think she's got it in her head that she's going to forget where she is and get in trouble for instinctively going to hold my hand or taking pictures and someone accusing her of them being in it. More worried I think if something happens since we'll have our son with us. I think she worries way too much :roll: :?r but be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:30 am

^Her fears are justified in a different muslim country, or even the UAE 5+ years ago, but today the place is very touristy, liberal, and safe.

As long as you don't break the rules, there's nothing that will happen to you. Respect their culture (without being scared of it) and it's fine. That means no drugs, no public intoxication, no big PDA, etc. There was no place on this trip that I felt uncomfortable as a woman/mother/american/etc. On our last trip some of the sketchy malls with kiddie credits were a bit 'local' with many men looking at us, but we avoided that crap this time around! I'm happy to answer any other questions she may have.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:42 am

Thanks for taking the time to reply already, it'll really help. I think we are quite a few years out until since we'd probably wait until our son hits Kristen's age but thought it would be good to ask now while the report was going on. We are none of the above anyway, and being a mixed couple in a conservative country I get the feeling it's nothing we haven't experienced here, I think her main fear is she likes to hold hands or link arms when we're out enjoying ourselves or running round getting photos and she's going to momentarily relapse and forget we aren't at home. ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:02 am

This part of the world is a big travel blind spot for me, but I wouldn't mind visiting "Arab Las Vegas" some day (although I've little desire to see the "Holy Land"). I was following along on Facebook and Twitter, and it all looked great!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:33 am

robbalvey wrote:
Philrad71 wrote:I used to own that game on Coleco Vision along with Donkey Kong and Zaxxon.

And I still do! :P
IMG_3023.JPG

Oh wow...that's awesome!

:nina:

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:04 am

As always a great report. Thanks for sharing!
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!