Robb & Elissa in the UAE - 2017! Dubai & Abu Dhabi!

P. 12 - IMG Worlds of Adventure Part 1!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Robb & Elissa in the UAE - 2017! Dubai & Abu Dhabi!

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:49 am

michaellynn4 wrote:Something I couldn't really tell from the photos is how busy the place was. What kind of crowds did you see?

While we were there, not very busy, at least not until later in the afternoon/evening. UAE parks tend not to be as busy during the day because they like to avoid the heat, even for an indoor park, but we saw "light crowds" in the evening hours. We also went at a time of year where the parks don't get that crowded. But not really sure if there is ever a time of year at the moment where they get that crowded! ;)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 am

I'm absolutely loving this TR. Every update has something new and the attention to detail in your writing and the thorough pictures really explain the experience to those of us behind a computer screen! Thanks for that, Robb! I'm curious to know how loud it is inside IMG with all the rides running. Do they have things separated and sound proofed enough where it's not too bad, or does it sound like Cedar Point's midway at all times? That ropes course looks absolutely incredible.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Themonerd » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:33 pm

Words cannot describe how disappointed I am that there isn't a Robbie Rotten meet and greet. :lol:
If it has :airtime: count me in!
I've created 3 locked threads. I should start using that search function.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Themonerd wrote:Words cannot describe how disappointed I am that there isn't a Robbie Rotten meet and greet. :lol:

Oh, he's actually there, too! I just don't think he came out to meet us during our visit!

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:19 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Themonerd wrote:Words cannot describe how disappointed I am that there isn't a Robbie Rotten meet and greet. :lol:

Oh, he's actually there, too! I just don't think he came out to meet us during our visit!

That's just so Robbie Rotten! :roll:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Maybe it's just me but the pictures make everything inside the building look really dark compared to like Ferrari Land where there's a ton of natural light. Did you get that vibe in person or is it just how things looks in photos?

This place looks really cool though, just another awesome attraction in Dubai.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:Maybe it's just me but the pictures make everything inside the building look really dark compared to like Ferrari Land where there's a ton of natural light. Did you get that vibe in person or is it just how things looks in photos?

It IS a much darker feel, but I think that's on purpose. It lends itself well for the Marvel and the Lost Valley areas and then Cartoon Network areas are a bit brighter.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:This place looks amazeballs! :br

You took the balls right out of my mouth! WORDS! I MEANT WORDS! Another park to add to the bucket list.
Tigga, please!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:58 am

michaellynn4 wrote:Something I couldn't really tell from the photos is how busy the place was. What kind of crowds did you see?

Isn't there a law as well where you have to be careful who is in the photo, where if you can clearly see the face, you need permission if someone is in it and you post it online? I'm probably wrong but before my wife was pregnant, I was looking into going to the parks and it seemed like taking pictures of the area and rides as overviews seemed OK but not zooming in to get closer pictures of coaster trains/ride vehicles going around.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:18 am

Garet wrote:

Isn't there a law as well where you have to be careful who is in the photo, where if you can clearly see the face, you need permission if someone is in it and you post it online? I'm probably wrong but before my wife was pregnant, I was looking into going to the parks and it seemed like taking pictures of the area and rides as overviews seemed OK but not zooming in to get closer pictures of coaster trains/ride vehicles going around.

We were never made aware of such law if one exists at any of the parks, and considering we were with their public relations staff the whole time I'm sure they would have told us. That being said, we normally wouldn't zoom in on people without having either permission from the riders or at least the park anyway.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!