Photo TR: Andy's 2017 Floridian Trip

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Photo TR: Andy's 2017 Floridian Trip

Postby The Great Zo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:37 am

Thanks for the comments!

BryanRph wrote:You have a great eye (and probably lots of patience to wait for the perfect shot!)

Too much, maybe! Sometimes have to wait for a few coaster trains in order to get things timed out right, which means I'm standing on the midway for 5-10 minutes, knowing there's no line and I could be on the ride. :lmao:

SFOGdude25 wrote:Gotta ask, if you're willing to share, what do you shoot with? Love the depth-of-field on a lot of those shots!

Nothing super special. Canon T2i with the cheapo 18-55 and 55-250 lenses. I'm not always thrilled with the performance of the latter, especially at the far end of the zoom, so for every one good shot there may be 1-10 lousy ones I don't use.

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:BE THE THUNDER! :b

Not giving up hope for this season! :D
-- Andy

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:28 am

Thank you for sharing your reports and photos! Your photos are phenomenal. Every once in a great while I miss living in Florida, reading this was one of those times :-P

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby tanthonyam » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:24 pm

This park is awesome if you can hit it on a slow day. And when the weather is not so bad. Feb and Oct, or Nov are good months. Weekdays if you can. I love the Lorikeets! Montu and Kumba are still very intense rides and have aged well. A question though, why has Universal replaced the Hulk track and Kumba's original track is still going strong? They are about the same age.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:55 pm

Great photos Andy! (As always!)

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Brent York » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Banshee vs. Montu: IMO, Banshee wins, no contest. :)

coasterbill wrote:Those pictures are sick. Glad you had fun! This is easily my favorite park in Florida, I really need to get back there, I'm having withdrawals.

PS: I want her job

boldikus wrote:Your photos are phenomenal! I'm so excited to hopefully, finally get to BGT later this year.

Heads up by the way, don't go from 8/7 to 9/1.

Wonder if that means it's finally getting painted?
And yes, I'd like that job too.

I really hope this guy gets what he deserves:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/man-accused-in-killing-of-pinky-busch-gardens-flamingo-found-incompetent/2313603

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:42 pm

The Great Zo wrote:Nothing super special. Canon T2i with the cheapo 18-55 and 55-250 lenses. I'm not always thrilled with the performance of the latter, especially at the far end of the zoom, so for every one good shot there may be 1-10 lousy ones I don't use.

Hey just proves that it's not the camera that makes great pictures. It's the person behind it. =)
Also proves how well the T2i holds up today for a camera that was released 7 years ago!
-JC
My theme park blog: The Running Rails

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!