TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Amusement ride accident in Chile caught on video.

An accident at a fair in chile was caught on video. Other than a couple of children (that were reportedly too short to even be on the ride) that were taken to a hospital, everyone is ok.

I believe this ride is a favorite amongst TPR members. The name of the ride escapes me..Tonga perhaps? The entire disk broke away from the ride platform. Watch the video here....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2858914/moment-fairground-ride-collapses-injuring-13/

downloadfile.jpg.e52cbedd96e3e8432734430d2decf77e.jpg

Edited by thrillrider

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no desire to watch the video - although yes, that looks like a tagada ride in the photo...

But I have to ask....where in the world is Chili?

I thought that Chili was a southern Tex-Mex American staple - a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans. Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin. ...or is it a small town outside of Rochester, NY?

Or perhaps you mean Chile - the country in South America???

Capture.JPG.87a6fe507443d216d04f63a2e6ca0a7c.JPG

Chile - the country.

Capture.JPG.e1d47a6ca8ff8a1ac1786982fe54e967.JPG

Chili - I don't care for Tex-Mex Chili, but prefer the Cincinnati Chili (minus the kidney beans).

Mmmmm...Cincinnati Chili.

Yay Kings Island!

Edited by Philrad71

Hmm....a ride in chili seems like a bad idea. If you thought what people do in swimming pools is bad.....

It had been simmering for a while & there was cheap tequila involved soooo.....

Only a thread on TPR can go from a ride accident to fart jokes in less than 5 posts. Never change, guys.

I have no desire to watch the video - although yes, that looks like a tagada ride in the photo...

But I have to ask....where in the world is Chili?

I thought that Chili was a southern Tex-Mex American staple - a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans. Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin. ...or is it a small town outside of Rochester, NY?

Or perhaps you mean Chile - the country in South America???

I wish it was skyline chili....love that stuff.

Auto correct strikes again...lol

Unfortunately, I have to watch all the links to make sure they are not in bad taste, and my first thought was of America's Funniest Home Video. I had to watch it a few times, the abrupt end just made me chuckle over and over, even though I know its not that funny. Just glad no one was seriously hurt.

Unfortunately, I have to watch all the links to make sure they are not in bad taste, and my first thought was of America's Funniest Home Video. I had to watch it a few times, the abrupt end just made me chuckle over and over, even though I know its not that funny. Just glad no one was seriously hurt.

Usually knowing the aftermath helps me decide whether or not I'll watch something. For example, I don't mind watching this video because I know that no serious injuries came of it, but I could only watch the videos of the Chinese Top Spin accident and Indian Disk-O accident once because I knew people died as a result. Once was by far enough, especially that Disk-O one.

Usually knowing the aftermath helps me decide whether or not I'll watch something. For example, I don't mind watching this video because I know that no serious injuries came of it, but I could only watch the videos of the Chinese Top Spin accident and Indian Disk-O accident once because I knew people died as a result. Once was by far enough, especially that Disk-O one.

The Chinese Top Spin video was very disturbing. Never trust a knock off ride!

Only a thread on TPR can go from a ride accident to fart jokes in less than 5 posts. Never change, guys.

It's a nice change from the Cedar Point thread.

Thinking about a lot of the random accidents we've heard about recently, I think there's a lot of stuff that I rode in China years ago, that I wouldn't ride today.