Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden - September
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby indyv » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Great report! I really need to put this park on my to-do list, because Hyperion looks awesome! :airtime:
I know my limits, I don't respect them, but I do know them!

Top 10 coasters: 1. Blue fire Europa Park 2. Expedition GeForce Holiday Park 3. Taron Phantasialand 4. Silver Star Europa Park 5. Flug der Dämonen Heide Park 6. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Walt Disney Studios Park 7. Anubis The Ride Plopsaland 8. Sky Scream Holiday Park 9. Wodan Europa Park 10. OzIris Parc Astérix

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:04 pm

indyv wrote:Great report! I really need to put this park on my to-do list, because Hyperion looks awesome! :airtime:

Thanks! This park is worth a visit just for Hyperion, but the rest of the park is also very nice.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Really enjoyed your reports on the Polish parks- I'll be visiting next summer, and I didn't think I could be any more excited for that than I already was, but here we are. Insane to consider that this park is only in the middle of it's crazy growth spurt. It reminds me of what is happening in China, only it's confined to one park. SFWoA over Poland.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Great report Jordy - thanks for checking this park out for us - Hyperion looks amazing! :lover:

Looks like I will need to add a side trip to Poland when I finally get back to Germany.

I really love and miss Europe - can't wait to go back.

Postby JordyC » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:34 am

Ed Farmer wrote:Really enjoyed your reports on the Polish parks- I'll be visiting next summer, and I didn't think I could be any more excited for that than I already was, but here we are. Insane to consider that this park is only in the middle of it's crazy growth spurt. It reminds me of what is happening in China, only it's confined to one park. SFWoA over Poland.

Thank you. I hope you have a great time in Poland next year!

It is indeed crazy how fast Energylandia is growing. This park only opened four years ago, which makes it even more remarkable. In 2020, when the new RMC and Vekoma Double Launch coaster will open, Energylandia will have one of the best coaster collections in Europe.

Philrad71 wrote:Great report Jordy - thanks for checking this park out for us - Hyperion looks amazing! :lover:

Looks like I will need to add a side trip to Poland when I finally get back to Germany.

I really love and miss Europe - can't wait to go back.

Thanks, Phil! Poland is definitely worth a visit while you are in the area. It is a lovely country with very friendly people, and they have some great coasters, too. ;)
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:32 am

Another great Photo TR. I'll add to the Park Index when I return from traveling next week.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby JordyC » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:10 pm

^Thanks! I am glad that I can contribute to the Park Index.
Quality Over Quantity

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby gardyloo! » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:36 pm

Looks like Intamin is trying to claim the throne back as 'best manufacturer' (Although the hot weather may have helped).

Energylandia's (& this trip report of course ;)) is making it really tempting to make a quick trip to Poland, but looking at their current top three, it might be best to wait a couple more years (I'd be really amazed if they managed to pull of a RMC & a huge vekoma in two years).

How were the operation btw? Was there a fast pass option?

Thanks for the great trip report!

Postby JordyC » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:44 pm

^Thanks! Operations at Legendia were a bit iffy, except on Lech Coaster. That crew was flying. Energylandia's operations were excellent, though. They also have a very efficient loading system, were at the end of the queue line there is a screen that tells you how many places are left for the next train. For example, if the screen says that there are only 2 places left in the next train, and the next group in line has 3 people, then they will let 2 people from further in the queue go first to fill the empty seats. It is surprisingly efficient.

There was a Fast Pass option at Legendia, but you probably won't need it. Energylandia doesn't have Fast Passes. If they did, I definitely would have bought it, since it was fairly busy and the park has lots of different rides. But I guess their loading system works so well, because they don't offer these skip-the-line passes..
Quality Over Quantity

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:57 am

Great report and really glad to know Hyperion lives up to the hype!
I definitely have to visit this park but maybe I'll wait for the RMC and vekoma launched coaster or whatever it is. It's amazing how fast this park is growing.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!