Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

TR 16: Bakken - June 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby cparkes92 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:29 am

Both parks at Port Aventura look amazing! I'd love to get over there someday.
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Incredible Hulk, Maverick, Banshee, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken, Rougarou
Top 5 wood: Shivering Timbers, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Mean Streak (RIP)

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby JordyC » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:57 pm

coasterbill wrote:Great photos! I'm loving this report.

Thanks, I am glad you are enjoying it!

cparkes92 wrote:Both parks at Port Aventura look amazing! I'd love to get over there someday.

It sure is a place that everyone needs to visit one time.
<< Quality Over Quantity >>

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Red Force - Ferrari Land 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 146 || Parks: 29

Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura Park || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg || Walibi Holland

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Turtle Wax » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Great TRs! Did you visit Ferrari Land and Port Aventura in the same day? Any issues going from one park to the other? I'm planning on being there in July!
-Bryan
1165 Magnum XL-200 Laps in 2010!

Postby JordyC » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Turtle Wax wrote:Great TRs! Did you visit Ferrari Land and Port Aventura in the same day? Any issues going from one park to the other? I'm planning on being there in July!

Thank you!

And yes, on my second day I visited Ferrari Land first, and after the park closed I went to PortAventura for the last few hours of the day. And it is as easy as it can gets! There is a special entrance for PA outside FL. You just scan your entrance ticket from FL at the turnstyles, and you are inside PortAventura before you know.

I hope you have a great visit!

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Red Force - Ferrari Land 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura Park || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg || Walibi Holland

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:48 am

Looking forward to seeing the Spanish parks myself, someday. Looks like Port Aventura puts a lot of thought into their theming. Thanks for the report.

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:59 am

I really need to get on Shammy B. Hopefully I will this summer, if I am lucky.
beating Taron, Helix and Expedition GeForce.

^ That excited me. You just named my three top coasters, and I look forward to riding something to beat Ex G! By the way, with express pass, is one day enough to do PAV and FW?
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

Postby JordyC » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:12 pm

cfc wrote:Looking forward to seeing the Spanish parks myself, someday. Looks like Port Aventura puts a lot of thought into their theming. Thanks for the report.

Yes, the theming is so well done throughout the whole park. I would say it is up there with Europa-Park, but that is just a different kind of theming. EP has more 'relaxed' theming, while PA is more 'active', if that makes any sense.

Henry M wrote:I really need to get on Shammy B. Hopefully I will this summer, if I am lucky.

^ That excited me. You just named my three top coasters, and I look forward to riding something to beat Ex G! By the way, with express pass, is one day enough to do PAV and FW?

Then I hope you will be lucky this summer! ;)

Shambhala, Taron, Helix, GeForce and Kärnan are my favourite coasters, and Shambhala is in my opinion clearly the best. Don't get me wrong, it are all fantastic rides, and everyone will rank them differently.

With Express, you will be able to ride all the big rides at both PA en FL. But I don't think that one day is enough to really experience the entire park. I mean, there is so much more to see than just the coasters. The shows in PortAventura are awesome! I would say, you'll need at least 2-3 days. I was at the park for 3 days and was not able to cover everything.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 pm

PortAventura is a park right near the top of my bucket list, and as evidenced by your photos, for good reason. Excellent report.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Postby JordyC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:28 am

Ed Farmer wrote:PortAventura is a park right near the top of my bucket list, and as evidenced by your photos, for good reason. Excellent report.

Thank you! It is a fantastic park, that should be on top of everyone's bucket list :Pr

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:32 am

JordyC wrote:
cfc wrote:Looking forward to seeing the Spanish parks myself, someday. Looks like Port Aventura puts a lot of thought into their theming. Thanks for the report.

Yes, the theming is so well done throughout the whole park. I would say it is up there with Europa-Park, but that is just a different kind of theming. EP has more 'relaxed' theming, while PA is more 'active', if that makes any sense.

Henry M wrote:I really need to get on Shammy B. Hopefully I will this summer, if I am lucky.

Then I hope you will be lucky this summer! ;)

Shambhala, Taron, Helix, GeForce and Kärnan are my favourite coasters, and Shambhala is in my opinion clearly the best. Don't get me wrong, it are all fantastic rides, and everyone will rank them differently.

With Express, you will be able to ride all the big rides at both PA en FL. But I don't think that one day is enough to really experience the entire park. I mean, there is so much more to see than just the coasters. The shows in PortAventura are awesome! I would say, you'll need at least 2-3 days. I was at the park for 3 days and was not able to cover everything.

^
I missed out on the shows at Phatasialand, and was a little annoyed, but not much. I go mainly for the rides, but do like to experience the park itself, which is why I had two days at Phantasialand, and it was well worth it to see all the detail and get more rides in despite it being busy. It is one day or nothing, and from your report, the rides look good enough on their own!
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!