Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

TR 22: Movie Park Germany (Star Trek: Operation Enterprise)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby JordyC » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 am

TR 1: Toverland - September 2014
TR 2: Duinrell - June 2015
TR 3: Efteling (Opening Day Baron 1898) - July 2015
TR 4: Drievliet Family Park - July 2015
TR 5: Hansa Park - September 2015
TR 6: Heide Park Resort - September 2015
TR 7: Walibi Holland (Lost Gravity) - March 2016
TR 8: Holiday Park - June 2016
TR 9: Europa-park - June 2016
TR 10: Plopsa Coo - June 2016
TR 11: Walibi Belgium (Pulsar) - July 2016
TR 12: Liseberg - August 2016
TR 13: Efteling - February 2017
TR 14: Plopsaland De Panne (Heidi The Ride) - April 2017
TR 15: Ferrari Land - April 2017
TR 16: PortAventura Park - April 2017
TR 17: Efteling (Preview Symbolica) - June 2017
TR 18: Tivoli Gardens - June 2017
TR 19: Bakken - June 2017
TR 20: Walygator Parc - August 2017
TR 21: Nigloland - August 2017
TR 22: Movie Park Germany (Star Trek: Operation Enterprise) - September 2017

----------------------------------------------------------------

Efteling - February 2017

Hey everyone!

On February 2nd 2017, I visited my home park Efteling. It was my first time visiting this year, and also my first theme park of many in 2017. It has always been and will always be one of my favourite parks. I visit this park many times a year, but never actually did a decent size trip report from it. Until now! So sit back and relax, and I hope you enjoy my trip report from the always beautiful Efteling.

DSC_0845.JPG
It still is one of the most recognizable entrances of any theme park -- Welcome in the Efteling!

DSC_0846.JPG
As soon as you enter the park, you will see this stunning view. This is also the place where the evening watershow Aquanura is held.

DSC_0847.JPG
The frogs will make the pond come to life at night, resulting in a magical show.

DSC_0848.JPG
It is the park's 65th anniversary this year. And unlike most parks, the Efteling does care about that. They are building a massive new ride that is opening in 2017. But I bet you already knew that..

DSC_0849.JPG
Most of the winter decoration was still in place. Even the bird on top was especially dressed in white.

DSC_0850.JPG
Beautiful and stretched out entrance plaza. Guests gather here in the morning before the opening of the park.

DSC_0851.JPG
First look at the new for 2017 dark ride; Symbolica.

DSC_0855.JPG
"Have an audience with the king", this summer.

DSC_0852.JPG
A lot of work has been done since I was here last time.

DSC_0856.JPG
There is a massive building behind the castle.

DSC_0854.JPG
I am sure this will be an amazing new attraction for the park. I can't wait to ride it this summer.

DSC_0853.JPG
In case you're wondering, this is their cash machine. Yes, you heard it right.

DSC_0859.JPG
Lurking through the trees, it's the Baron!

DSC_0880.JPG
What a beautiful park it is.

DSC_0881.JPG
Some miners getting ready for the dive into the mine.

DSC_0879.JPG
The White Women will do anything to prevent you from taking their gold.

DSC_0867.JPG
Did you find the gold?

DSC_0882.JPG
Luckily they were able to escape from the White Women.

DSC_0885.JPG
Looking straight down into the mine, getting ready for descent.

DSC_0884.JPG
Is it just me or is it kind of weird that the Zero-G Roll starts left after a left exit of the Immelmann?

DSC_0893.JPG
An underneath lift hill shot.

DSC_0903.JPG
The queue for this ride was pretty much non-existent that day, like almost every other ride. The last 2 hours of the day, you literally didn't need to enter the queue anymore, they let you enter from the side. I had never seen that before with Baron.

DSC_0918.JPG
Zero-G Rolling over the pathway.

DSC_0919.JPG
A better look at the mine Baron 1898.

DSC_0920.JPG
Some more miners going up, getting ready for their descent in the mine.

This ride has some of the best theming that I've ever seen. You really are getting more hyped up with every preshow you see, it's so immersive. The ride itself is good, but nothing mind blowing. Yes, the drop in the mine with the fog in it is fantastic, definitely my favourite part of the ride. But after that, it's pretty much your standard Dive Coaster. Don't get me wrong, I really really like this coaster. And IMO, it is the best coaster in the park. But it lacks that extra thing that, for example, Lost Gravity has with its unique layout. It might not be the best coaster out there, but I think it's pretty safe to say that it's one of the best themed coasters in Europe.

DSC_0905.JPG
Piraña was closed for its annual maintenance.

DSC_0883.JPG
It is a great family rapids ride. Nothing special, but just good fun.

DSC_0892.JPG
De Vliegende Hollander was still closed. Later that day they were testing it, so it should open soon.

DSC_0906.JPG
Next ride was Bob. It's an Efteling classic, isn't it?

DSC_1025.JPG
I am not a big fan of these bobsled coasters. Nonetheless, it's good fun.

DSC_0922.JPG
This is the little gaming area of the park. I don't know what to think about this really. It doesn't feel very Efteling, does it? But I understand why they did it.

DSC_0923.JPG
It's been awhile since this ride was operating when I was in the park. I have to take advantage of that.

DSC_0924.JPG
Another family ride.

DSC_0926.JPG
It's a very big ship, and you get some fantastic airtime on the top.

DSC_0928.JPG
Just one of the many beautiful restaurants here at the Efteling.

DSC_0929.JPG
Rise of the Fountain of the Apes.

DSC_0930.JPG
Next up was Python.

DSC_0942.JPG
Yes, I know. It is a classic ride with a great history, but it has zero theming. And that would be okay at another park, but not at Efteling.

DSC_0935.JPG
Python going through one of its loops.

DSC_0949.JPG
Corkscrewing around.

DSC_0940.JPG
I am always relieved when I enter this part of the ride and I am still alive.

DSC_0953.JPG
Joris & De Draak was next.

DSC_0963.JPG
That's actually just the time you need to walk to the station. No queue at all.

DSC_0956.JPG
Who will win: Fire or Water?

DSC_0961.JPG
Charge into battle against the dragon!

DSC_0964.JPG
"The brave who defeats the dragon, receives 1001 ducat." It sounds better in Dutch, believe me.

DSC_0967.JPG
Does this count as a Quadruple Down?

DSC_0975.JPG
I caught myself laughing like a teenage girl when we hit the brakes. It's such a crazy ride.

Joris & De Draak is an awesome wooden coaster, and the fact that it duels makes it even better. It isn't the smoothest GCI that I've ridden, but I don't really care. The looks you give the people in the other train when you are climbing the lift hill, until the moment when you hit the brakes and laugh at the ones that lost the race (unless that's you, then you try to ignore them..), is just absolutely great fun! I still prefer Troy and Wodan over this one, though.

DSC_0958.JPG
The stunning looks of DVH.

DSC_0976.JPG
It is so well themed. Shame it was closed.

DSC_0954.JPG
I really love this view.

DSC_0979.JPG
Another look at Symbolica.

DSC_0980.JPG
Even the fountain on the backside of the building looks fantastic.

DSC_0983.JPG
There's a massive building behind that castle.

DSC_0984.JPG
A look at their 4 major coasters.

DSC_0995.JPG
Another Efteling classic, Vogel Rok. I don't really like this ride.

DSC_0996.JPG
Carnaval Festival, Efteling's version of Disney's It's a Small World. I am still stuck with that song in my head..

DSC_0998.JPG
Some kiddie rides and a playground in this area of the park.

DSC_1003.JPG
It's full of little buildings like this. It is great to walk through this area of the park.

DSC_1009.JPG
Villa Volta, one of the best Madhouses out there.

DSC_1008.JPG
The ultimate Efteling classic, Droomvlucht. Really, I can ride this all day long.

DSC_1010.JPG
Raveleijn was closed as well. It's a shame, because it's a fantastic show with horses.

DSC_1012.JPG
This are the bins at the Efteling.

DSC_1013.JPG
There's a big carousel in there.

DSC_1015.JPG
A visit to Efteling is never complete without a walk through the fairytale forest.

DSC_1017.JPG
This tree tells multiple fairytales to the kids.

DSC_1020.JPG
Keeping an eye on the fairytale forest from above.

DSC_1022.JPG
The newest fairytale, Pinocchio.

DSC_1026.JPG
It's time for the magical nighttime fountain show of the park; Aquanura.

DSC_1031.JPG
Let the spectacle begin!

DSC_1042.JPG
It still is one of my favourite nighttime shows.

DSC_1062.JPG
Fire is always a bonus!

DSC_1068.JPG
It is beautifully lit up at night.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it!
Last edited by JordyC on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:57 am.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Red Force - Ferrari Land

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby cparkes92 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:37 pm

How was the weather? I'm guessing it must be decent as most of the rides were open
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

Postby JordyC » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:44 pm

cparkes92 wrote:How was the weather? I'm guessing it must be decent as most of the rides were open

Exactly, the weather was pretty decent. It was clouded all day long, but it didn't rain at all that day. It wasn't too cold either, 8C (45F). As long as it's not freezing, the park tries to keep the coasters open which is awesome. DVH was closed for maintenance, but in this weather it would have been open as well.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Red Force - Ferrari Land

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby firewalk13 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Beautiful trip report, thank you! Visiting Efteling is, admittedly, on my bucket list.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8c1cb0714382428908cd45dac631fc91.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby JordyC » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:10 am

firewalk13 wrote:Beautiful trip report, thank you! Visiting Efteling is, admittedly, on my bucket list.

Thank you! And to be honest, it should be on everyone's bucket list. ;)
Quality Over Quantity

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:57 am

Great trip report! Efteling is, indeed, unique, and I need to get back there someday.

Postby JordyC » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:54 am

cfc wrote:Great trip report! Efteling is, indeed, unique, and I need to get back there someday.

Thank you! Yes, it really is. Every reason is a good reason to get back to Efteling. :p
Quality Over Quantity

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterNerd45 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:27 pm

Hello JordyC, I would like to use your photo of Villa Volta for another theme park site that I participate in. The site is lacking details of Efteling in general, more specifically, photos. This would help greatly to expand the site... (Would have pm'ed you, but somehow the feature isn't enabled for my profile?)

Postby JordyC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:40 am

Plopsaland De Panne - April 2017

Hello everyone!

On April 3th 2017, I visited Plopsaland De Panne to check out their brand new GCI Woodie, Heide The Ride. It has been a few years since I last visited this park, and I have to admit that Plopsa is really stepping up their game. They are investing in some bigger rides, which they really were lacking a few years ago. Also, the theming has become much better, I mean the new area looks fantastic. But enough talking, let's check out the report!

Anubis: The Ride (8/10)
This is a fantastic coaster! The launch surprises me every single time, it is so powerful. You start nice and gently, and then suddenly the launch kicks in and you're off for a totaly kick-ass ride. The airtime you get on the tophat after the launch is just insane, you really are flying over it. Also, the theming is great; The station looks awesome, and so does the queue. The only 'problem' I have with Anubis is that it is not the smoothest coaster out there. It's fine in the front, but in the back it's just not that great. I don't know why, maybe it's because the back seats are placed higher than the front seats, my guess. Don't get me wrong, it is still the best coaster in the park, even in Belgium, but just don't ride it in the back.

Heidi The Ride (7/10)
This ride proves that a coaster doesn't need the most impressive stats to be a very fun and great ride. And that's what this coaster is! It is just pure fun, from beginning to start. It's full of airtime, some crazy twists and it is so well paced. The drop is good, nothing too spectacular. It's better in the back ofcourse. The airtime is just everywhere on this ride. It literally is so much fun. The ride isn't too intense, but that's okay because it's still a family park, and the families seemed to love it! I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with the theming of the ride. Yeah, it looks fantastic from outside but in the queue and station there wasn't much theming at all, unlike Anubis.

Overall, I think it is a fantastic coaster for a park that is more geared towards families. It really is the coaster this park needed, a very fun 'big' family coaster.

SuperSplash (5/10)
The airtime after the drop is acually pretty decent. It just takes the boat so long to go back to station after the splash, it's 4 minutes at least. You don't get that wet either, which is a good thing.

Draak (3,5/10)
A Mack Powered Coaster with some great views of the log flume below it. But the ride itself isn't that great. It's just helix after helix, after helix, with here and there a little bunny hop. I know, it's supposed to be like that. But it's just not my kind of ride.

Rollerskater (2,5/10)
Just another Vekoma Junior Coaster, nothing special. Although this one goes through a washing machine.

Viktor's Race (2/10)
Your standard Tivoli Coaster. At least this one has a bit of theming.

DSC_0085.jpg
Welcome to Plopsaland De Panne!

DSC_0089.JPG
The park map, with on the left the new area and the new coaster, Heidi The Ride.

DSC_0087.JPG
I probably should mention that the weather was great that day.

DSC_0114.JPG
You will find this fountains in every Plopsa park.

DSC_0090.JPG
The indoor area of the park, called Maya Land.

DSC_0091.JPG
In some way, this reminded me a lot of Arthur in Europa-Park.

DSC_0092.JPG
It has some very nice theming.

DSC_0093.JPG
If you want to slide, this is the place to be.

DSC_0096.JPG
A fun flat ride for the families.

DSC_0115.JPG
You can learn how to drive a car at Plopsaland, isn't that great?

DSC_0145.JPG
The crowds were actually pretty light that day. The longest I waited was about 25 minutes for Heidi, and that's not bad at all!

DSC_0117.JPG
Vleermuis was closed.

DSC_0149.JPG
It's nothing special, and the queue can get insane for this ride.

DSC_0150.JPG
The entrance to the castle.

DSC_0156.JPG
The new area of the park. Doesn't it look great?

DSC_0167.JPG
The entrance to Heidi The Ride.

DSC_0169.JPG
You can get real close and personal with Heidi.

DSC_0168.JPG
#WhatsInTheShed

DSC_0158.JPG
It's actually pretty hard to take some good photos of Heidi.

DSC_0127.JPG
Turning around, for some more airtime!

DSC_0161.JPG
Beautiful theming, that's how I like it.

DSC_0160.JPG
A small carousel completes the area very well.

DSC_0147.JPG
The fences and the tunnel didn't bother me at all. It actually makes the ride better, I guess. I mean, I'd rather look at a fence or a tunnel than a parking lot.

DSC_0148.JPG
Hairtime!

DSC_0162.JPG
The entrance plaza for Heidi.

DSC_0170.JPG
Lost and lots of wood.

DSC_0171.JPG
Coming down the first drop.

DSC_0172.JPG
Some riders getting ready to climb Heidi's hill.

DSC_0173.JPG
For those lift hill enthusiasts out there.

DSC_0183.JPG
Twistyy!

DSC_0191.JPG
Aaaand into the brakes.

DSC_0193.JPG
It really is a beautiful area.

DSC_0194.JPG
Rollin' out of the station.

DSC_0197.JPG
Climbing the lift hill.

DSC_0143.JPG
Crazy fun, the two words that describe this coaster.

DSC_0203.JPG
Plopsa did a great job with this ride!

DSC_0205.JPG
A look inside the queue-building. As I said, not that much theming inside.

DSC_0196.JPG
It's so much fun and it's full of airtime. I really liked it.

DSC_0208.JPG
The station of the log flume.

DSC_0165.JPG
Great weather for a little sprinkle.

DSC_0206.JPG
Look at that. Great theming!

DSC_0212.JPG
Next up was Draak (Dragon).

DSC_0200.JPG
This is not the only helix of the ride.

DSC_0201.JPG
A look behind the castle.

DSC_0214.JPG
Conquer the dragon!

DSC_0211.JPG
Heidi looking over the back of the park.

DSC_0216.JPG
Just another flat ride.

DSC_0223.JPG
If you need a wash, this is the place to be.

DSC_0230.JPG
Little boat ride.

DSC_0232.JPG
Next up was Viktor's Race.

DSC_0254.JPG
At least, it has a decent theme.

DSC_0234.JPG
Heidi photobombing the swans.

DSC_0247.JPG
It's not possible to get the swan boats next to the splash. That's a shame..

DSC_0253.JPG
Some great views from up there!

DSC_0257.JPG
No, we're not at Disneyland.

DSC_0295.JPG
Next, SuperSplash. It's a Mack err.. SuperSplash!

DSC_0276.JPG
Some random people going down the big drop.

DSC_0263.JPG
Airtime!

DSC_0272.JPG
Skloosh!

DSC_0278.JPG
After the splash, it's a really long way back to the station. But seriously, a very long way..

DSC_0285.JPG
Here you see the boat.

DSC_0287.JPG
Now you don't.

DSC_0294.JPG
Great theming!

DSC_0329.JPG
No questions, please.

DSC_0330.JPG
It's a beautiful park, isn't it?

DSC_0338.JPG
Wickieland! For those who doesn't know, Wickie is a viking.

DSC_0332.JPG
This area has a Splash Battle and, in case you didn't notice, a Disk'o Coaster. (No, it's not a coaster)

DSC_0333.JPG
Even the lanterns are themed!

DSC_0335.JPG
Are you ready to Invade?

DSC_0334.JPG
More theming!

DSC_0339.JPG
It's actually one of the few flatrides that I really like.

DSC_0340.JPG
The park is also home to a fairground area.

DSC_0342.JPG
It's home to a Wave Swinger, called Wienerwalz.

DSC_0343.JPG
And a carousel, called Carrousel. Original, I know.

DSC_0349.JPG
The tractor ride of the park.

DSC_0345.JPG
What's that blue thing towering above the tractor ride?

DSC_0346.JPG
Plopsaland is also home to a water park, called Plopsaqua.

DSC_0350.JPG
Het bos van Plop (The forest of Plop), the park's dark ride.

DSC_0327.JPG
It's finally time for Anubis!

DSC_0323.JPG
This is what I call great theming.

DSC_0326.JPG
It's all nice and gentle, until the launch kicks in.

DSC_0298.JPG
Dive Loop!

DSC_0305.JPG
Some random people enjoying their ride, I guess.

DSC_0360.JPG
Great ejector airtime on that hill!

DSC_0359.JPG
Anubis through the trees.

DSC_0308.JPG
Who doesn't love some nice curves?

DSC_0315.JPG
An underneath shot for you all.

DSC_0324.JPG
Aaaand into the brakes.

DSC_0364.JPG
Curving into the last inversion.

DSC_0319.JPG
Falling down.

DSC_0357.JPG
Still the best coaster in the park!

DSC_0310.JPG
One last photo from Anubis to end my day.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it.
Last edited by JordyC on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:46 am.
Quality Over Quantity

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:44 am

Thanks for the awesome report and pictures. Two things came to mind for me:

1. I love the "Steampunk" feel of Baron and,

2. The theming in the Disco is freaking awesome. For some reason that brought me some joy.

Thanks again

David

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!