Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Page 29 - Tokyo Disney Countdown Party!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:53 am

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:Just one question: how did the bobkart work? Is it like an alpine coaster where you control the speed? Or is it automatically powered?

It's actually exactly BOTH of these!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Itachi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:58 am

Amazing park! I loved how everything looks brand new, not only the newer rides like Acrobat, but also the older rides like Corkscrew, Looping Star and Shuttle Loop. And indeed, White Cyclone must be the most beautiful woodie. So clean! Glad you had a good time.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Keetz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:42 am

Great trip report! I love 1st generation Intamin drop towers, so clunky and scary with a great drop! I really wish they would develop a newer version of them that are taller and have a funky element or two after the drop.

Does Steel Dragon 2000 have a max height limit? I heard it was 6 feet tall?

robbalvey wrote:I also should have pointed out that we were at Nagashima Spaland just a couple of days after Christmas, EVERY SINGLE coaster was open, it was like 45 degrees outside, and the entire park was in operation. Explain to me again why we can't have more parks open in America during the winter?

Six Flags Parks seem to have finally realized this. HITP at GADV was awesome, and Carowinds is coming on board with Winterfest in November. The cold weather coaster policy at GADV just needs to get adopted at other parks.
| Lightning Rod | Skyrush | El Toro | Intimidator 305 | Maverick |

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:49 am

Awesome trip report!! I really hope to get to Japan one of these days. Was the park running their coasters with water dummies? Haha
Visual scan.... All Clear.. ALL CLEAR MEANS YOU GUYS ARE OUT OF HERE! ENJOY YOUR RIDE ON EL TORO! OLE!!

#1 Wood Coaster: El Toro
#1 Steel Coaster: Fury 325
Overal #1: El Toro

Credit Count: 122

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:38 pm

El Toro_Ryan wrote:Was the park running their coasters with water dummies? Haha

Yes. Since it wasn't that busy and it was cold out, they would fill the middle of the trains with water dummies so that people could fill the front and the back and still be able to keep the coasters open!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Imagineer Josh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 pm

How was White Cyclone? Too rough? Pretty smooth?
Coaster Count - 85

Top 5 Wooden Coasters - 1. Beast, 2. Goliath, 3. American Eagle, 4. Timberhawk, 5. Screamin' Eagle
Top 5 Steel Coasters - 1. Maverick, 2. MillieForce, 3. Magnum XL-200, 4. Banshee, 5. Diamondback
Top 5 Amusement Parks - 1. Cedar Point, 2. Universal Orlando, 3. Kings Island, 4. Six Flags Great America, 5. Disney World
Top 5 Worst Coasters - 1. Georgia Cyclone, 2. Ninja (pre-Blue Hawk), 3. Invertigo, 4. Vortex (KI), 5. Pegasus (MO)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:13 pm

El Toro_Ryan wrote:Awesome trip report!! I really hope to get to Japan one of these days. Was the park running their coasters with water dummies? Haha

While it's pretty funny to see on a B&M flyer, Dorney actually does this quite a bit on Stinger when it's cold out since the park never has lines.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby JRice92 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:39 pm

Nagashima Spa Land looks like a seriously impressive park. That coaster collection looks top notch and the whole place looks so clean!
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby vistaway » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:24 pm

I was on the fence about hitting this park on our March Japan trip, but your TRs (this and previous ones) pushed me to book three nights in Nagoya. Can't wait. Seeing those trains on Steel Dragon is bizarre but cool.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:27 pm

A couple of things.

White Cyclone is rough, but not unrideable. Just not that pleasant.

As for the park being clean, that's ALL of the parks in Japan. You can't even find a trash can but they're all so clean!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!