Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Page 31 - Our final days at Tokyo Disney!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:47 am

Awesome! KidZania looks like just the coolest place ever. Each time after you post a report I go look up the nearest location, and each time I'm disappointed it's not in the U.S. Overseas trips just aren't feasible for us right now, but this is totally the sort of place I would plan a trip around. Will do just that when they eventually build one in the U.S.
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Phoenix 3. El Toro 4. Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Skyrush 3. Magnum XL-200 4. Diamondback 5. Maverick
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Dollywood 3. Silver Dollar City 4. Knoebels 5. Holiday World

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby laqueefa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:19 am

robbalvey wrote:^ Thanks! I'm honestly shocked NOBODY commented on that Pirates video! That is seriously one of the best Disney attractions ever made and *crickets*....

weird.

To be honest, we were all left speechless.
Tigga, please!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Pear » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 am

Why doesn't America have anything like that?!
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:39 am

Pear wrote:Why doesn't America have anything like that?!

The creators of Kidzania tried the concept in the USA called "Wanadoo City" and it failed. Stories I was told from people who visited the location was that the concept just didn't work with "American's" in that, overall, American's don't value their jobs like some other cultures do, and guests found a theme park based around careers and learning to be "boring." Much the same way the original concept of Epcot has been thrown out the window because people don't want "edutainment" in this country.

There also stories how self-entitled American's didn't like things like the parents sitting outside of the career location while they watch their kids inside. They had to be able to get as many photos of their precious little snowflake children and would break the rules and concept of the park. It really is just something that would never work in America, sadly, because it seems to work in like EVERY OTHER culture in the world if you look at the locations they are in. What it comes down to is that American's aren't smart enough, nor patient or understanding enough for this concept to work in the USA.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:57 am

^What he said.

During one of the activities there was a very annoying and poorly behaved boy. The teacher kept having to stop him from doing the wrong things and he was just distracting the whole group. KT came out of the activity and said "This is would every activity would be like in the US!"

That being said, I believe we'll be experiencing two more Kidzania's this year in two different countries so I'm very intrigued to see how they are.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 am

The city I grew up in had something similar to this, no where near the scale obviously, but all of the elementary schools in the area took annual field trips to it and the facility might have even been owned/operated by the county school system. It was a long time ago but I remember there being there being a driving school, a shop class type thing, and some career based learning activities for kids all in a standalone facility. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but it was a cool concept at the time. Probably doesn't exist anymore for the same reasons Kidazania hasn't succeeded in America.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:58 am

^Yeah, there are absolutely smaller more 'non-profit' versions of this around the US. Some science centers, kids museums, school based play, etc. But the scale of this place is just crazy!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: Ether Houston across from the Astrodome or at SFSTL riding the Screamin' Eagle

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:02 am

I remember going on a field trip to a place similar to Kidazania in elementary school. I think it was called Biztown St. Louis. It wasn't as amazing as Kidazania was, but I remember that it was very fun!

Kidazania sure made Biztown look like crap.
Coaster Count: 96
1990's: "ugh. I hope we don't get a Vekoma"
2010: "I really hope we get a Vekoma!"

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:10 am

SharkTums wrote:^Yeah, there are absolutely smaller more 'non-profit' versions of this around the US. Some science centers, kids museums, school based play, etc. But the scale of this place is just crazy!

Yeah it's hard to tell from the pictures how big the place is but it looks really cool.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:10 am

A kidzania opened in London a little while ago. I'd love to take my Niece along but have always been worried the experience would be similar to how you've described how the USA version went. It does look great but i feel it may not work as well in the British culture. Although at the moment as it's in London I assume they are just teaching the kids how to strike :p

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!